Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Alchemy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    All in all, i think that heterosexuals are often blinded by their own lack of experience in this topic area...
    I have a homosexual friend in the UK who told me that he only fucks heterosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    So is homophobia all the mens fault?
    Yes, because they rarely complain about this:

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I dunno how difficult it is to see from someone else's perspective. We just need to try. We have this really certain impression of ourselves, our individuality, and our humanity, but really it is a fragile and precarious illusion.
    There was a cool video I watched but I can't seem to find it now.
    This looks related:
    https://www.samharris.org/blog/item/...n-of-the-self2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hexahedron View Post
    We have this really certain impression of ourselves, our individuality, and our humanity, but really it is a fragile and precarious illusion.
    This looks related: https://www.samharris.org/blog/item/...n-of-the-self2
    Excellent point and great article! Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linked article
    Many readers might wonder where these narratives come from, and who interprets them, if not a self?
    Also see this: Genesis of Narratives.

Blog Entries
    OH, BTW, watching some videos related to the above posts, I have just now discovered that James Randy publicly came out as gay at age 81!

Never too late! Go Randy!

Blog Entries
    I wonder if anyone has ever "came in". You know after 20 years they go "no it is not my thing, I am actually straight".

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I wonder if anyone has ever "came in". You know after 20 years they go "no it is not my thing, I am actually straight".
    I know two women who did such thing. One of them was 26 when she did it, the other was 35.
    Though in both cases it was because they fell in love with a man and established a long term relationship with him.
    None of them said something along the lines of "being a lesbian was not my thing, I am straight".
    It was more like: "O.K... I want to be with this person now, I didn't expect such thing, it's weird, but that's how I feel now".

Though going back to the original subject of the thread, I do not really see a strong link between sexual orientation and alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread