Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Alchemy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Intimacy with another spirit ocuppying a same-gender physical vehicle allows one to experience BOTH polarities inside oneself, without identifying with one of them and without seeking the opposite polarity outside oneself (like heteros do).

The Alchemical Marriage is an internal one, and it's quite unlikely to happen if in your life you seek out the opposite gender polarity to 'complete' you, instead of realizing you are both in one AND acting upon it.

I understand the concept, but the 'not identifying' is not a given, any more than
    it is a given in male-female relationships.
    Why would same sex relations be any less 'seeking outside of oneself' than
    opposite sex relations?

Identifying and seeking are not a product of sexual orientation. They come from
    the mind. As long as one identifies with their mind, it doesn't matter how you
    shuffle the sexes - there will be lack, seeking and identification.

As Above, so Below: both sides are within, mentally/spiritually, and should be outside in the physical also.

Sulphur + Sulphur = more Sulphur.

Sulphur + Mercury = perfected Salt, i.e. Living Seed of the Sun with the Living Egg of the Moon, births the Red Child, both within, and without.

If the Pattern is True, then it works on all levels, if it is not, then it is of no True worth, for Truth is not in it. (Alchemists are seekers of Truth.) "You'll know a tree by its fruits." If it cannot bear fruits, then it is to be chopped down and used as firewood.

Good news is that firewood is needed to fuel the fires of perfection, so "sacrifices must be made", irony is you choose what you are.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    If it cannot bear fruits, then it is to be chopped down and used as firewood.

Good news is that firewood is needed to fuel the fires of perfection, so "sacrifices must be made", irony is you choose what you are.
    Any other volunteers for chopping me down and burning me at the stake?

Do you onestly beLIEve that sexual orientation is a matter of choice? Wow ! ! !

Maybe this thread should be renamed "homophobia and alchemy"

Mr. Deviadah, your comments?

Vive la diversitť

All is one!

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 12-27-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Any other volunteers for chopping me down and burning me at the stake?
    Do not worry, not burning at the stake but CENSORED on the stake.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it matters if you are gay or bi or straight... it does not affect the alchemical process one bit. If you are into tantra etc. it works just as well with non-straight sex (as far as I understand).

It is like saying: can I go through an alchemical transmutation if I like pink t-shirts?

It is not important, although interesting.

That is my judgement on sexual orientation and alchemy.

PS
    Some people choose to be gay!!! The reason they can choose is because everyone is bi-sexual by nature (IMHO)! Especially homophobics!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    On a side-note it is interesting that there are less homophobia amongst women (from my life-experiences)... and it is more accepted for women to go both ways. Could this be more proof about everyones bi-sexuality?

Women have just got further with it than the male population....

Just because everyone is bi, doesn't mean everyone acts upon it... I am just saying that I think everyone is bi, just as I think everyone has a heart.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deviadah View Post
    Some people choose to be gay!!! The reason they can choose is because everyone is bi-sexual by nature (IMHO)! Especially homophobics!
    I disagree with the choice thing. We all are where we are on the sexuality scale. Some are completely gay and some are completely het, and most are somewhere along the scale. WHERE along the scale is decided by the way our brains are wired from birth, and it is NOT a matter of choice. HOW/IF we chose to act according to the way we're wired on the scale is a matter of choice. I myself could not chose to be a het for all the chanting in the world. It just doesn't do it for me. I also have no problem with hets being hets.

What I DO have a problem with are statements like the ones above, implying I should be "chopped off and burned" or "censored".

Mr. Deviadah, how you perceive the above statements?

Blog Entries
    I disagree with the choice thing.
    No I agree with you, I just meant that you can try it out to see if you like it. That is a choice. Also homosexuals who live in hetro relationships choose to do so, even if it is not what they really like.

I guess it comes down to with what we mean with choice.

Mr. Deviadah, how you perceive the above statements?
    Yes, but they have their opinion. Fine by me, as long as no one attacks anyone personally.

If the Pattern is True, then it works on all levels, if it is not, then it is of no True worth, for Truth is not in it. (Alchemists are seekers of Truth.) "You'll know a tree by its fruits." If it cannot bear fruits, then it is to be chopped down and used as firewood.
    I.E. (as I understand it) depending on the truth the wrong should be burned (doesn't say that homo is wrong, just if).

The censored comment bit I don't get at all...

Blog Entries
    It's quite difficult to have a constructive discussion among un-like minded... I'm in allowance for everyones opinion (as long as they don't claim I should be chopped and burned or censored for my orientation) - but such opposing views have a tendency to either degrade or become dead ends.

I am very curious if there are other gay/bi alchemists on this forum. If you're there, I'm inviting you to come out and share your views on the topic of your sexual orientation and alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread