Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thought for the day

Thought for the day

If we are all gods children then what was so special about Jesus?

Ghislain

I don't think anybody has an absolute answer to that question.
    The church would have us beleive that he was indeed the word
    of God made carnate, and that would be plausible since that is
    what he preached, and what he represented, and likewise we all
    represent in a sense an aspect(s) of God
    made carnate, in that we all make up his body.
    That is why the Hebrews used to name angels with names
    used to describe aspects of God or of the divintiy.
    Likewise in other religions great spiritual leaders have come foward
    and have claimed to be physical incarnations of aspects of divinity.
    But in particular if we look at The Gospel of St Thomas, which I know
    is more of a gnostic text, we can see through to the alchemical nature
    of Jesus and there is some evidence to suggest his mother was an Essene.
    And they may have been alchemists...this may then give us special insight as
    to what he meant when he said, " The Kingdom of God is within you and all around you....split a piece of wood(oak) and I am there......pick up a rock(mineral) and you will find me...whoever understands the meaning of these words shall not taste death(The Elixir of Life)." Thus he said to his disciples, "take this my body and my blood and eat it and you shall have everlasting life"
    Last edited by LeoRetilus; 01-14-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    Peace and LVX

Frater L.R.

You make good points Leo. Though i personally think He was what He claimed, i also can see that we have characteristics of Him (God) also, after all, we (everyone) was made in His image (that was before Adam and Eve, who get created later down in the page, so obviously this would be the soul) and i think it partly due to my Gemini-ness, but also find it to be "right" that i find my interests in both alchemy healing, and martial arts/combat and philosophy. I used to pick at my brother and say he was more New Testament God (pacifist), and im more Old Testament (wrathful, "just"), but in reality; though i have an acutely high sense of justice, and overwhelming, deadly wrath towards injustice, i find myself also able to forgive what many would not, so... id say there is duality in that also.

We are made in His image, some have more aspects in one regard, others have more in others, but i think within selves and as a whole body, we all are balanced and part of the One, and All.
    Other then that, it suppose it comes down to personal belief, i believe Yahoshua (Jesus) is the Christ, but i also believe that i am a son of God, for He lives in me, and around me, in time, and outside of time.

So "what makes Him so special", why, whatever one desires to believe ofcourse. Life is subjective, according to one's Truth, and the Absolute Truth of Truths is known and will be known, and even at that, its all perspective. To each their own according to their kind, unless they cause a transmutation to a better kind. (they deem better, again, subjective. )

atleast thats my artistic view on it.

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Before Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

For three years, god spoke thru Jesus and gave us life guidance, inholding
    deep wisdom.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    My answer: Great story, well anchored in strong archetypal background PLUS agressive marketing strategy
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

I personally view the bible as one of the better Alchemical allegories ever written. The way I see it, taking it literally would mean missing the whole point...

Like many other Alchemical texts, it's written in such a way that people will penetrate its mysteries only as far as their own personal level of advancement permits them.

Remember that like in many Alchemical texts, the traps are often laid out when giving precise recommendations, while the truths are revealed in the "Big No-No" lists of interdictions. I'm highly simplifying this, but it's actually much more complex...

Look at the interdiction of cooking the Red with the White (red meet in it's mother's milk). It's NOT an interdiction, it's a plainly revealed Alchemical principle ! ! !
    And I've already talked enough about the "thou shall not lie with..." bit in another thread .

There's also a special mix of linen and wool that was mostly forbidden to wear (I think only the priests were allowed to) called Shatnez, and someone who's name I don't remember (possibly Flanagan) cured lung cancer by wearing this cloth and recycling his perspiration through it.

I'll conclude with my opinion that if you're into bible study and if you want to move deeper and beyond duality/polarity, read your bible with some extra special attention to interdictions and with a keen focus on reverse engineering

This could be a good place to start, although it doesn't even begin to touch the Alchemical aspects, but remains on the astrological level most of the time...
    Last edited by Andro; 01-14-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Ghislain
    I could write pages in response.
    I'd have to, in order to be clear and cover all aspects.

Mary was not the only temple virgin in this cult (nothing negative implied) that
    was impregnated by an "angel". These angels were other cult members who held
    esteemed positions with titles like "Gabriel" or "Michael". So one might think
    of Jesus as the product of good eugenics and planned/prophecied breeding between
    a priest and priestess trained in a particular ancient wisdom school, and not a
    virgin birth from some heavenly spirit or God. Think of a cult/religion with
    political aspirations - they truly intended him to be King of the Jews. Magdalene
    was not a mere whore, but another very powerful genetic line.

Obviously, and intentionally, much of the history was blended with the mythology
    and intentional attempts made to have this person appear as a prophecied messiah - where he was born, having him ride into Jerusalem on an ass, etc...
    It's all very political, and not as spiritual as we are meant to believe.

That doesn't mean we should deny the spiritual aspect, the myth, the alchemical
    metaphor, etc. Just don't associate it with a particular historical human being.
    After all, there are so many to choose from - Dionysius (an anagram for "mind of god"),
    Apollo, Hercules, Mithra, Prometheus, Quetzalcoatl.....

So one might think of Jesus
    as the product of good eugenics
    Could one say the same for Muhammad (pbuh)?

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    I don't know about his parents/history much.

Blog Entries
    Could one say the same for Muhammad (pbuh)?
    Mr. Ghislain,

What does "pbuh" stand for?

Thank you.

As for Muhammad - I believe it's a matter of a different faction with different agendas. Think 'Dune'...

Hi Androgynus

I read somewhere that when you mention
    The prophet Muhammad (pbuh) you should say
    'peace be upon him' after and just initial it if
    written.

A sign of respect...keeps the peace

Dune ... yes a good film ... a message to be read there

Ghislain

Edit: found this

ooops looks like I have been lazy and disrespectful
    according to senior Islamic scholars

Oh well...can't please everyone all of the time
    Last edited by Ghislain; 01-14-2010 at 10:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread