Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: One Matter - One Vessel - One Fire

You know, I'm not really sure but am ok with that.. Anyway my thoughts would be that this substance, if formed, would initially be of a Universal nature, thus having the ability to transform all Kingdoms. So precious metals only forming under proper circumstances. Other forms of change occuring depending on the variables of the specific instances in question. Maybe all things Evoulutions owe their transformation to such a contact with a not yet Fixed Stone-like substance that forms naturally.

No one really seems to know these things for sure.
    Still Searching.............

According to conventional wisdom, heavy elements like gold are formed only in certain cosmic high energy events, such as supernova explosions and/or neutron star collisions. This article explains those two theories well, including the problems with each of them:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/did-n...gold-20170323/

Yet there is the topic of cold fusion brought up by Fleischmann and Pons, which conventional science generally thinks of as debunked. However, more recently, some researchers concluded that low energy transmutations can indeed occur, albeit not necessarily due to fusion processes:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...its-something/

The Alchemists of the past may have captured some aspects of what is actually happening then by their - let's say - 'geophysical' theories.

Nowhere did I see claims that the Philosopher's Stone is involved in the natural transmutations supposedly occuring in the earth, though. That said, according to those Alchemists, there are parallels between natural and artificial transmutations, and the former should be understood in order to make the latter possible.

Some go even "beyond" the one vessel claim and say it's "fished" out of nothing (though obviously captured in a vessel).
    Others say the sun is it's father and the moon it's mother. St. Didier and the Ancient war of the knights (french version) say the secret fire is a
    "lunatic vulcan", which means the same I guess.
    Again others say both it's true.

Then some say "Sal metallorum is lapis philosophorum". Even Jesus said "salt's a good thing". Historically seen the trinitity and the salt came later and before it was just the duality of mercury and sulphur, sun and moon, mars and venus, Appolo and Diana, Salamander and Remora or other symbols of these kinds of opposites (or oppo-sames as some here like to call them).

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Some go even "beyond" the one vessel claim and say it's "fished" out of nothing (though obviously captured in a vessel).
    And such people also believe in witches, ghosts & goblins... That should tell you how "seriously" their word has to be taken.

Others say the sun is it's father and the moon it's mother.
    Of the "microcosm", not the "macrocosm".

St. Didier and the Ancient war of the knights (french version) say the secret fire is a "lunatic vulcan", which means the same I guess.
    The last pages of the English edition of that treatise are devoted to explaining the origin of this translation (into Latin, and then into French) error. It should be "Lunar Vulcan".

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post

Of the "microcosm", not the "macrocosm".
    Yes, and men were considered as hot and dry, whereas women are wet and cold.

The last pages of the English edition of that treatise are devoted to explaining the origin of this translation (into Latin, and then into French) error. It should be "Lunar Vulcan".
    I know, the german version explains it too. That's why I wrote the french version source. I somehow like the lunatic vulcan though.

I am still trying to understand processes and everything but I thought this might help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by W.C.
    Some Philosophers would have it one thing, and affirm, that the Salt of Metals is the Philosophers Stone; Others say, all's in Mercury that the Wise-men seek; and again, others do teach, that the whole Art depends in and upon the true preparation of their Sulphur, as being the most perfect of the three principles, whose Orbs must be thrice turned about, as in my three Figures and Cɶlestial Wheels; and some would have it one thing, comprising the nature of the two as a Hermophradite or Embrio moreover, some would have it absolutely two things, a Male and Female, Fire and Water, or Water and Earth, Sulphur and Mercury, or Heaven and Earth. Some likewise would have it consist of three, Salt Sulphur, and Mercury, Sol Luna & Mercury, Body, Soul, and Spirit; Others would have it the four Elements, and say, the Conversion of them is the whole work. And some again would have it a fifth Essence and Quintessential Spiritual Body; and say their Master and Mistery consists in these five numbers, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.

All which nevertheless, I acknowledge is really but one onely thing, or Essence in the Root, viz. the Philosophers Mercury, although out of two or three particulars, or more in kind; and one operation of several parts, as in my said Epitaph, and Circular Figures comprised; Nay indeed may be but one onely particular thing, and on continued simple and single operation, when duely prepared, and superfluities removed. But if one onely thing be taken, then it is divided into several parts; or if several things may be taken, they are brought to one and so may it be said of the Operation, which all being but one, the Philosophers nevertheless are pleased to distinguish it by its several Progressions, Colours, and Properties, intimated by, and within the said three figures red Circles and their Titles; all agreeing with this old Ænygma of Vitriol, which being in many of the Metallick kind, is and hath but one thing or substance; and although but one, yet may be opened, divided, and have several parts; and being done, be brought to one again in one single and simple operation of Nature; Thus,

V.I.T.R.I.O.L.V.M
    Visitabis Interiora Terre, Rectificando Invenies, Occultum Lapidem, Veram Medicinam.
    Visit the interiours of Earth, Rectifying, And you shall find the hid Stone, and true Medicine.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 5 Days Ago at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    This is one of the first threads that caught my attention when i first joined the Forum. Anyone had luck with these concepts?
    Well, I have had some success so far with those concepts as pertains to Ripley who was a proponent of that paradigm. To get the most out of Ripley you have to compare his treatises one to another for the content. The methods are quite similar and follow a consistent methodology. He uses confusing names for materials and changes the names from one treatises to another. Yet I have found that he will tell how to make one key material in one treaty where one of the ingredients is not explained in that treaty but is in another. Then in another he will say how to use it. It all comes from One Thing that contains in itself Three Things that are compounded of Four Things that are also contained in the One Thing.

Ripley says you can make the Powders White and Red from the Elements and Principles contained in the One Thing with nothing else added. He also says you can make the Powders White and Red another way with preparations of Ag and Au.

Further he explains that the initial One Thing, Green Lyon, is the power to grow and evolve. When properly prepared Philosophically the One Matter is substantiated physically and called the Philosophical Mercury or Menstruum. He says it is also One Vessel and One Fire this Philosophical Menstruum.

Ripley says that the Philosophical Mercury and Sulfur of the Green Lyon will transmute certain metals into silver or gold. For when the Mercury made with the properly prepared native calx of the original matter of the Green Lyon will flow like wax on a hot plate it will then transmute certain metals, namely Sn and Cu into Ag. When the Sulfur is purified through Mercury and then properly prepared into the calx of the same original matter of the Green Lyon so that it flows like wax on a hot plate it will transmute Pb and Ag into Au.

One has to first figure out the processing of the Elements received from the putrefaction of the Green Lyon and then assembled from the details spread out over most of his treatises. Then one has to set up the lab experiments. I have some preliminary experiments going on now.

Following Ripley is a colossal undertaking. As he says you have to put a new Chaos into the oven as soon as you take one out in order to get enough of the Elements to make the materials he calls by a host of names that change as soon as they get processed to a new level of purity or potency.

Quote Originally Posted by z0 K View Post
    Well, I have had some success so far with those concepts as pertains to Ripley who was a proponent of that paradigm. To get the most out of Ripley you have to compare his treatises one to another for the content. The methods are quite similar and follow a consistent methodology. He uses confusing names for materials and changes the names from one treatises to another. Yet I have found that he will tell how to make one key material in one treaty where one of the ingredients is not explained in that treaty but is in another. Then in another he will say how to use it. It all comes from One Thing that contains in itself Three Things that are compounded of Four Things that are also contained in the One Thing.

Ripley says you can make the Powders White and Red from the Elements and Principles contained in the One Thing with nothing else added. He also says you can make the Powders White and Red another way with preparations of Ag and Au.

Further he explains that the initial One Thing, Green Lyon, is the power to grow and evolve. When properly prepared Philosophically the One Matter is substantiated physically and called the Philosophical Mercury or Menstruum. He says it is also One Vessel and One Fire this Philosophical Menstruum.

Ripley says that the Philosophical Mercury and Sulfur of the Green Lyon will transmute certain metals into silver or gold. For when the Mercury made with the properly prepared native calx of the original matter of the Green Lyon will flow like wax on a hot plate it will then transmute certain metals, namely Sn and Cu into Ag. When the Sulfur is purified through Mercury and then properly prepared into the calx of the same original matter of the Green Lyon so that it flows like wax on a hot plate it will transmute Pb and Ag into Au.

One has to first figure out the processing of the Elements received from the putrefaction of the Green Lyon and then assembled from the details spread out over most of his treatises. Then one has to set up the lab experiments. I have some preliminary experiments going on now.

Following Ripley is a colossal undertaking. As he says you have to put a new Chaos into the oven as soon as you take one out in order to get enough of the Elements to make the materials he calls by a host of names that change as soon as they get processed to a new level of purity or potency.
    Ripley's descriptions of the preparation of the "Green Lion" show it is a composite of at least two substances: a liquid which he usually calls "Vinegar" and a solid substance that he hides under a barrage of decknamen ("Red Lead", "Antimony", "Sericon", "Adrop", etc., which strongly suggest its mineral/metallic origin, or at least its partly mineral/metallic origin.) Ripley sometimes pays lip service to the old misleading "one matter only" trap, but he himself obviously did not believe it for one second and worked with several substances, like all alchemists really did, as can be plainly seen in such writings as "The Marrow of Alchemy" and the "Liber Secretisimus".

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I am still trying to understand processes and everything but I thought this might help someone.
    Thanks Seraphim! But who is W.C.?

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Ripley's descriptions of the preparation of the "Green Lion" show it is a composite of at least two substances: a liquid which he usually calls "Vinegar" and a solid substance that he hides under a barrage of decknamen ("Red Lead", "Antimony", "Sericon", "Adrop", etc., which strongly suggest its mineral/metallic origin, or at least its partly mineral/metallic origin.) Ripley sometimes pays lip service to the old misleading "one matter only" trap, but he himself obviously did not believe it for one second and worked with several substances, like all alchemists really did, as can be plainly seen in such writings as "The Marrow of Alchemy" and the "Liber Secretisimus".
    That’s right, Ripley’s Vinegar is used but that is not common wine vinegar. It is prepared from the Philosophical Mercury and the Calx of the Green Lyon both received from the initial putrefaction of the Green Lyon prepared through a specific method not detailed in either Marrow of Alchemy or Liber Secretissimus. The method is in the PDF Ripley Treatises transcribed by members of the old secret Alkaest forum.

The solid substance aka, Read Lead, Antimony, Sericon, Adrop, is the Calx as well after the initial putrefaction of the Green Lyon. You cannot get both from one putrefaction of the Green Lyon. So you have to follow one of his accurtations which says to take the Green Lyon without vinegar and distill it to receive the Philosophical Mercury, Sulfur and Calx (after calcination). Then the Vinegar is prepared and a new volume of the Green Lyon is dissolved into the Philosophical Vinegar. From that one gets the gum Adrop or Sericon.

+ Reply to Thread