Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Matter - One Vessel - One Fire

I have a demijohn 3/4 full of putrefied GW. The 1/4 I reduced over heat to see what I would get...never again...the smell was awful.
    Well never say never...I kept looking at it sitting there and thought, "what would happen if I added sugar and yeast". So that’s what I did...
    I have a bubble trap on it and I threw in a couple of spoons of KNO3 for good measure.

There is very little logic in this, but it may be interesting.

Ghislain

Edit: There was a tiny bit of logic in the KNO3 as people have stated in the past that a high potassium diet before collecting GW is good.

Blog Entries
    The first step (after collection) is putrefaction and afterwards physically getting rid of what the Matter has already expelled/dropped by itself as non-homogenous.
    Ab Roek's words come in handy here:

Quote Originally Posted by Ab Roek View Post
    Putrefaction occurs in order to separate and purify. That which truly belongs together, cannot be broken by putrefaction.
    After the Matter has gone to the bathroom for Number Two, it is put to the Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Does one vessel imply that distillation is not allowed?
    If by distillation you mean a separate retort and receiver, then the answer is no, this kind of split distillation is not needed for this path. One Vessel only

In the Vessel I've designed, the internal Mercury circulates inside the Vessel vertically and the external Mercury circulates through the Vessel horizontally. Like in my attic
    However, the more subtle parts of the external Mercury also penetrate the glass walls of the Vessel from all sides, and they are further concentrated therein by Nature and Art.
    It's way more simple than it sounds... And there can be many different designs able to perform the same functions exactly.

By very slow and controlled simultaneous circulation and coagulation by Art in the same vessel and fire, a White starts to slowly manifest by itself within the red-brownish, which red-brownish also starts growing more towards dark Red. This (in my case) happened much slower with GW than with Dew, for example...

Care must be taken in the temperature department, so that nothing of essence permanently sublimes.

Each matter that I've subjected to this process behaved slightly differently than the others, but ultimately resulted in the manifestation of the Red and the White.

What are the red and white of gw in your experience Androgynus?
    I would say that the White are the (niterous) salts and the Red are the oils (sulphurs), but their initial separation in the vessel is not performed by hands, but rather occurs on its own, by gentle and natural 'cooking', mediated by the Mercury from within and from without. Quite fascinating to observe...

From all the Matters I used, rich fat Dew was the most 'compliant', but the others performed as well, with Saliva coming in second...

It's not easy to collect the Matter in a good saturated state. With Dew, there are seasons, astrological and environmental conditions to be observed. With Microcosmic Matters it's even more complex, because there are also dietary factors in play. For good reason it is often advised to collect micros from healthy young men, so the life force is in full power and concentration. But even if you're older, if you've converted/sublimed the life force of youth into wisdom and extasy, you won't go wrong

All and all, the process itself is quite easy (although not fast), but one must have high quality starting material to work with.

After that, it's simply a matter of Solve & Coagula, until the matter reaches its desired fixed and unified state. It may also be necessary to go through a few cycles of Solve & Coagula before the White and the Red become separately manifest, and further cycles for them to unite.

I would also love to experiment with condensed vapors from a cave or a mine, or any sort of good quality condensed Air, for that matter...
    Last edited by Andro; 02-07-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ghislain,

If you want your GW to contain some extra ingredients, add them to your diet, not to the GW directly.
    Potassium and Magnesium are excellent, as well as the foods outlined by Leo in the 'Success' thread.
    Last edited by Andro; 02-06-2010 at 01:18 PM.

I only have experience with gw and I haven't gone too far with that.
    The only white and red I'm aware of are the ammoniacal/nitrous salts
    (which can be white or reddish - the red I achieved but not following the
    1 matter rule) and the thick, oily coagulated gw by evaporation.
    Does one vessel imply that distillation is not allowed?
    Hello,

actually by using liquid ammonia you used a chemical very close to our matter.
    The spirit of GW is just that and much more. Of course this requires distillation.

Anyway I think through distillation the rule of one vessel isnt broken, but more advanced. Distillation is a simple way in this path to get rid of the excess phlegm without evaporating off our spirit.

It should be possible to do that in one vessel if you simply evaporate off the phlegm before putrefying it however I havent confirmed that by myself yet.

Rueb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rueb View Post
    Anyway I think through distillation the rule of one vessel isnt broken, but more advanced.
    It's not a rule, only an speciffic approach
    And in this speciffic approach, distillation is not required at all, let alone more advanced.

Distillation is a wonderful tool, but it's absolutely not required (but rather even counterindicated) in the method I'm trying to focus on here...

Distillation is a simple way in this path to get rid of the excess phlegm without evaporating off our spirit.
    I believe you're refering to the liquid alkahest/circulatum methods, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
    There are plenty of other threads and posts focusing on the liquid alkahest/circulatum.

In the '1/1/1' approach, the principles are eventually coagulated into one uniform, non-liquid mass.

It should be possible to do that in one vessel if you simply evaporate off the phlegm before putrefying it however I havent confirmed that by myself yet.
    Both Head (Phlegm) and Tail (Feces) are cast off by the matter during putrefaction without any special interference, if the nature and the placement of the Vessel are in agreement with its purpose. But on the other hand, I see no problem with the variation of evaporating some phlegm before putting the Matter to putrefy. I didn't do it, but it doesn't mean it's not a valid variation.

Maybe it's more tightly knit
    If you spit before you shit

Last edited by Andro; 02-07-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Both Head (Phlegm) and Tail (Feces) are cast off by the matter during putrefaction without any special interference, if the nature and the placement of the Vessel are in agreement with its purpose. But on the other hand, I see no problem with the variation of evaporating some phlegm before putting the Matter to putrefy. I didn't do it, but it doesn't mean it's not a valid variation.

Maybe it's more tightly knit
    If you spit before you shit

Head (Phlegm): Beheading, volatile principle
    Tail (Feces): salamander, fixed principle

Quite far fetched however it struck my mind immediately.

Blog Entries
    Head (Phlegm): Beheading, volatile principle
    Tail (Feces): salamander, fixed principle

Quite far fetched however it struck my mind immediately.
    You're right in that the matter casts off/rejects both fixed and volatile parts during putrefaction, but only the superfluous ones.

After putrefaction and separation of the superfluous, the homogenized starting matter still contains both fixed and volatile principles, but only the ones which are essential to complete the Work.

As for beheading and betailing - that's because it's the homogenous trunk/body we're after.
    Last edited by Andro; 02-12-2010 at 11:19 AM.

The matter is supposed to come from one source but in order to strengthen it, it has to be introduced to the metallic kingdom and multiplied. So I am a bit lost on this specific path.

Blog Entries
    The matter is supposed to come from one source but in order to strengthen it, it has to be introduced to the metallic kingdom and multiplied. So I am a bit lost on this specific path.
    For now, this thread is meant to focus on making an Universal Ferment/Alkahest - but after it's completed, it can be introduced into any of the three kingdoms.

No need to feel lost - let's just take things one step at the time

Ok our matter put into a big glass vase covered with a porous (earthen) lid best at body temperature (but not above 40 to 50C), wait a few months ...

hmm... impurities... it has to be decanted at some point...
    ...maybe even less heat, simply put outside to evaporate through the earthen lid, during spring or autumn, when it doesnt freeze but it gets cold enough for crystals to sprout and warm enough for the phlegm to evaporate...

ok, restart
    we take our fresh matter put it an earthen, porous (unglazed) vessel, sealed. Put it outside in the spring (may) or autumn (september), for 1 month.
    decant the solution during a warm day (25+C) after 2 weeks and keep the decanted solution.
    after another 2 weeks the solution hopefully evaporated slowly enough that you will find sprouted crystals.

Rueb

+ Reply to Thread