Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Matter - One Vessel - One Fire

Blog Entries
    Mr. Rueb,

Some interesting ideas and connections there, but:

These conjectures are insufficient to make our Magnets fat, heavy and saturated with the First Matter (Corporified Light) which is the key to this whole Work.

Our Magnets can be of of various grades, depending on the chosen materials and on the conditions of their birth, and they already contain the First Matter within themselves.
    However, they only have barely enough of this Corporified Fire to perform the vulgar functions of the 'common' cycles, and are therefore in need of constant replenishment.

Our Magnets need to cast off all superfluities, so they are most naturally attractive and conductive to become fat and heavy and most saturated with our First Matter.
    In this regard, some Magnets are better than others, in that they contain more Corporified Light to start with.
    The more they have of it in the first place, the better and the sooner they attract more of it.

And when our Matter is fat and heavy and satiated with this Corporified Fire, it will be truly married with itself and will also stand the test of common fire/heat.
    (By flowing like wax on a hot plate without fuming, for example... I use a copper plate with a candle underneath for this test, but some texts recommend silver...)

So, I would suggest to take things one step at the time, and not jump straight ahead to formulas and recipes...

As a matter of fact, I am personally against posting formulas and recipes, because without truly understanding the work from within, the recipes would most likely fail.
    I would rather use this thread for building, gathering and sharing insights that will help those who's eyes are open to create their own processes/variations.

Please keep in mind that even if 'All Roads Lead To Rome', the roads can still be different and diverse, but nevertheless lead to the same place eventually.

Therefore, I'd like this to be a joint effort in understanding and creativity, so everyone can taylor their own path through the insights gained here.

So why don't we start by talking a bit about putrefaction...

What are we trying to achieve through putrefaction?
    What is putrefaction, and what causes it?
    Why is it such a neccessary stage in our Work?

We know that one of the most efficient ways to make something rot/putrefy is to leave it ouside in the open, exposed to the sun and the air.
    But then our matter would be lost by evaporation...

Then again, leaving our matter in a vacuum sealed vessel is not very likely to produce the rotting/putrefying results we're after...
    Vacuum is rather preserving, and we don't want that...

So how are we to properly putrefy our Matter without losing or spoiling it?

Let's start with these questions, and move on from there...
    Last edited by Andro; 02-12-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    "So how are we to properly putrefy our Matter without losing or spoiling it?

Let's start with these questions, and move on from there..."

Naturally, we are not allowed to add anything to catalyse the putrefaction
    in your methods, correct?

Putrefaction occurs in sealed containers. I putrefy my urine in wine bottles
    indoors all the time. Remember something in the GW thread about when
    air is allowed we get more nitrates and when not allowed we get more ammonia, I think it said.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Naturally, we are not allowed to add anything to catalyse the putrefaction in your methods, correct?
    Not anything that isn't already being provided by and through our Matter, Vessel and Fire.

Putrefaction occurs in sealed containers.
    There is more than one way to seal a container. Mr. Rueb posted some interesting ideas. Some texts recommend to putrefy in wooden barrels with access to Air/wind.
    Bacstrom's Oak Stoppers also come to mind:

The globe glass is immediately to be shut with a stopper made of oak, which fits nicely, in order that the superfluous remaining humidity (the phlegm) may, during the putrefaction, penetrate and evaporate through the pores of the oak.
    Also, regardless of how I seal my vessel, I never fill it more than 1/3, to allow for enough space/Air (medium, feedback, communication) for the Matter to negotiate with itself which parts to keep and which parts to reject as superfluous.

When air is allowed we get more nitrates and when not allowed we get more ammonia.
    Have you found one to be more desirable than the other?

Is there a middle way?
    Last edited by Andro; 02-13-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Have you found one to be more desirable than the other?
    No, but I haven't researched the nitre side as much as the ammoniac salts,
    so I can't say. From what I've done myself so far, I find the ammoniac salts
    very useful - ability to carry spiritual part of metals over the helm; ability
    to make strong menstruums/alkahests - KM, etc.
    I simply don't know how to use the nitre salts due to lack of study in this area. I'll have to remedy that.

Is there a middle way?
    Ammonium nitrate?
    Maybe mix the two together??

Mr. Rueb,

leaving our matter in a vacuum sealed vessel is not very likely to produce the rotting/putrefying results we're after...
    Vacuum is rather preserving, and we don't want that...

So how are we to properly putrefy our Matter without losing or spoiling it?
    Just recently while putrefying GW I put one of those fluid traps on top to allow it to breath...not sure if that was good or bad.

Ghislain

Ammonium nitrate?
    Maybe mix the two together??
    I just read a post on mixing ammonium nitrate and sal ammoniac
    to make aqua regia... I lose track of where I read these things

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I just read a post on mixing ammonium nitrate and sal ammoniac
    to make aqua regia... I lose track of where I read these things

Ghislain

If you do this, be aware of the possibility of precipitating a fulminating gold
    since there is plenty of ammonia.

I'm not saying avoid it. It's possible that fulminating gold is a key to the work.
    I'm just saying be careful.

Thanks Sol'

I will keep that in mind. Thankfully I don't have that much gold
    to do a lot of damage.

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Just recently while putrefying GW I put one of those fluid traps on top to allow it to breath...not sure if that was good or bad.
    What are those fluid traps?

Anyway, I think it's a very good idea to allow the matter to breath a little during putrefaction.
    It remains up to the individual researcher to devise the most adequate means of achieving this...

I am not conversant with wine making Androgynus
    but it is the little u'bend trap one puts on the demijohn
    while the wine ferments...it allows vapours out but
    stops impurities getting into it.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread