Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 385

Thread: One Matter - One Vessel - One Fire

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,338
    Blog Entries
    1

    Mod Post

    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    It does suck that those who seem to have had note success, were also those more readily banned. However, you can expect resistance when sharing such things, and its the place of a sage to wear the burdens of victory and maintain ones cool.
    NO ONE IS GETTING BANNED BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SHARE. ONLY FOR BREAKING THE RULES & GUIDELINES.

    How many times do we have to repeat the same thing over and over again?

  2. #322
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,867
    Blog Entries
    54
    I am aware of this, I was merely expressing how its a shame that those people broke the rules. I'm not knocking the rules. It is my assumption that these people get banned because they lose their patience and make personal attacks on people or something like this, which is fair enough, also, I didn't see your last post before I repliyed to Schmuldvich.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    346
    (This is not the GW method for anyone reading, nor the purist method, but another.)



    Hi Mr. Mixer

    What's this..... GW ?

  4. #324
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,867
    Blog Entries
    54
    Golden Water, usually referring to urine. The path in which most transmutations seem to be derived from. If your search is for gold, its the Urine path I'd recommend, however, I'm looking for The Medicine, and therefore are choosing a substances that has been specified to a universal nature. Adam, the red earth.

    Saltpetre and ammonium nitrate, supercharged with that which is spoken of in the emerald tablet, will transmute metals, I believe theoretically. Based on my researches and not on experience. Perhaps one day I'll give this a go, however my health is getting worse and worse and I dont have time for gold panning
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  5. #325
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,867
    Blog Entries
    54
    So what do we need for a 1/1/1 situation to work out?

    Seems to me that if we are going to achieve this, then we need a lot of AIR in the flask, in order to perform a closed system putrefaction. After all, I believe that it is putrefaction that fixes our spirit to its own body (salt) therefore if we allow evaporations prior to putrefaction then we are losing our spirit. Putrefaction must somehow occur without evaporation, IMO. Then the matter should theoretically sublime, with our SM locked into a salt.

    If we get to that situation, I think its kind of like a checkpoint, because theoretically I could then freeze and store those salts for an indefinite period of time.

    Now what I did find interesting is the concept of dry putrefaction vs wet putrefaction. Wet seems like a safer way to go, however dry seems much quicker, and has its own set of benefits, such as less likely to go mouldy
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Ok, I agree we get "blackness" with a bit of air; sure. After all, wasn't Adam formed from the dust of the Earth, implying a sort of dryness in this initial formation?

    Let's say we miraculously obtain our Blackness (does this, in your current opinion, happen before or after the salts sublimate?)...

    You say that "it will sublimate on its own"; I would agree, but only if the conditions are right which is up to the Artist to wisely set and only if our Matter was prepared properly beforehand.

    So the salts astoundingly start to sublimate because our Microcosm is set to mimic the macrocosm around us--I can agree. Now, we must use critical thinking here...How does the macrocosm "make" rain happen, or in other words, what conditions must be met for rain to appear? Isn't this the conditions we strive to imitate in order for our Matter to circulate within our vessel like the water cycle on Earth?

    What "impurities" are we wanting to remove? What step of our Processes is being discussed now?

    Props for recognizing the magnificence of chasm's post, btw. It's a shame he was banned.
    As a plant dabbler, I'm sure my consideration here is to be taken with a big grain of SM salts, but it seems to me, based on my current experiments, that if you know the reason why you should circulate here vs there, a lot of questions will be answered. Also, the proper amount of hydration is necessary. (I'm watching one of my plant experiments as I ponder the possibility of running this in a big reflux) Too much hydration, and the earth will never descend. Too little, and it won't undergo enough refluxing for the process to continue. If there is a 1/1/1 skill to be had, it's probably a short cut to the toil of mixing and transferring by hand until one knows the exact amounts and temperatures to use. I don't think the process evolved this way. Similar to how you can use a soxhlet for extraction once you have the basics down so that you will need less solvent to do the same thing.

    Right now, i.e. I'm repeating the same process over and over with the same water, but if the sample in the glass isn't brought to just the right humidity, then the whole procedure is useless. I also think that such an art would vary the temp rather than keeping it constant, as the earth cools at night and warms during the day, so should the alembic. Warmth drives it to the proper dryness, and cooling allows the moisture to re-enter and coagulate the pith. I don't know why it works, it just does.

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    ...I also think that such an art would vary the temp rather than keeping it constant, as the earth cools at night and warms during the day, so should the alembic. Warmth drives it to the proper dryness, and cooling allows the moisture to re-enter and coagulate the pith. I don't know why it works, it just does.
    DT, that's an awesome observation and an amazing coincidence. This evening I started refluxing some Honey and I've been sitting here wondering if I should shut down the process for the night and restart it in the morning or keep it going at it's current rate. Based on your comment, I think I'll choose the option of shutting down for the night and restart in the morning.

    Also makes me wonder if we should try to fluctuate the alembic temperature based on the time of day, even for our spagyric work. So something like start increasing the voltage on the variac up until 1-2 in the afternoon and then start dialing down in the afternoon/evening followed by some level of chilled temperatures at night and then repeat the process. Wonder if that will make a difference. Hmmm... another set of interesting electronics/hermetic projects for the coming months/years.

  8. #328
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,867
    Blog Entries
    54
    Okay okay, Smernoff, here we go;

    We correctly prepare the matter with a natural separation, and removing the Deluge(spelling?).

    Then we putrefy, and if all is well, and our proptions correct, then we achieve Saturn.

    If Saturn spins on a good path, we receive our first eagle, and the dragon is born.

    If we got that far, Praise Jesus.

    If then He doesn't smite you for daring to approach the Gates, then Our Mercury calcines and kills the dragon, scattering his scales all over the ground.

    No wait... Getting ahead of myself, no dragons yet, crows!! Caw caw!

    Crow transforms into an eagle?? Fuck I'm lost again. I'll be back.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    DT, that's an awesome observation and an amazing coincidence. This evening I started refluxing some Honey and I've been sitting here wondering if I should shut down the process for the night and restart it in the morning or keep it going at it's current rate. Based on your comment, I think I'll choose the option of shutting down for the night and restart in the morning.

    Also makes me wonder if we should try to fluctuate the alembic temperature based on the time of day, even for our spagyric work. So something like start increasing the voltage on the variac up until 1-2 in the afternoon and then start dialing down in the afternoon/evening followed by some level of chilled temperatures at night and then repeat the process. Wonder if that will make a difference. Hmmm... another set of interesting electronics/hermetic projects for the coming months/years.
    Not sure where you are at in your process. I just noticed with one particular part of my operation, I must distill off the excess moisture, then cool. When the moisture is added back, things happen. I've run 2 trials with tiny samples, and adding moisture back to my larger sample had the same effect.
    I didn't mean to imply that we NEED follow a daily cycle or anything, just that it might be good to consider a cycle of some type. If adding back the distillate forces a change in the material, then it makes sense that such a cycle should be possible. With my experiment I'm going to continue doing it the long way for now, so I can monitor the changes very carefully. But I have also been in a habit of bringing the temps down at night when I'm not mindful of what's happening in the flask. I might consider it for my current operation in the future, once the trial run proves itself to be a useful process. In this instance, it might be tricky though.

    It's definitely something to consider, but you know what's in your process, I don't. Cool downs can slow the process, ensuring that you don't "cook" anything accidentally too. Part of it will be knowing your material, and what you are planning to do with it. A simple reflux could actually be catching the "water" during the day through distillation. Then cool down at night and add it back. Not everything has to be automated.

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Okay okay, Smernoff, here we go;

    We correctly prepare the matter with a natural separation, and removing the Deluge(spelling?).

    Then we putrefy, and if all is well, and our proptions correct, then we achieve Saturn.

    If Saturn spins on a good path, we receive our first eagle, and the dragon is born.

    If we got that far, Praise Jesus.

    If then He doesn't smite you for daring to approach the Gates, then Our Mercury calcines and kills the dragon, scattering his scales all over the ground.

    No wait... Getting ahead of myself, no dragons yet, crows!! Caw caw!

    Crow transforms into an eagle?? Fuck I'm lost again. I'll be back.
    Great line of thinking! You are on the right track.

    Now get to work and let us know how it goes!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts