Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Matter - One Vessel - One Fire

I am afraid this device is 1 way device for fermentation, so it will allow nothing to go inside.

Blog Entries
    The various vessels I've assembled for my main works are all two-way devices to some extent.

Blog Entries
    Harvesting season is nearing...

The next Full Moon (in Virgo) occurs on February 28. Afterwards, we have the Libra Full Moon at the very end of March (29 or 30, depending where you're located).
    Then we have the most powerful Scorpio Full Moon (usually associated with the month of May) that occurs this year on April 28.
    And the latest would be May 27-27 (Full Moon in Sagittarius).

I would recommend the Scorpio Full Moon season for the best collections, although I've had excellent collections from February to May.

If you plan on collecting Dew, make sure it's fat and stinky
    Clear and light Dew is not a very good candidate...

If you plan to work with body fluids that take longer to collect (like saliva or semen) - I suggest you already start now, so you have enough by the end of May.
    In any case, make sure you go easy on table salt and also follow some dietary guidelines posted somewhere else on this forum.

Have in readiness your putrefaction vessels. The vessels must leave enough space and Air for the matter to circulate and converse/negotiate with itself.

If your putrefaction Vessel is completely airtight (which I don't recommend), you should at least open it once or twice a day to allow some new Air to enter.

Access to Air is far more important than direct exposure to the luminaries.
    Whatever it is that the Sun and the Moon radiate - It will be carried in the Air/Wind.

"The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
    The answer is blowing in the wind."
    Putrefy at body temperature, or at least don't go too much above that. Be gentle with your matters!

Proper putrefaction will turn the matter(s) quite dark-hued, and in some cases very close to black.
    Don't get hung up on various time frames for putrefaction - just feel when it's ready.

If anyone is intending to actually perform this '1/1/1' process, please let me know and also share your experiences and ideas.
    I'd hate to waste time sharing my experience if noone is going to participate in this project....

Good luck!
    Last edited by Andro; 02-27-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    And another variation for the most purist among you:

If the design and placement of your Vessel are in agreement with its purpose, you will have no need to manually collect any starting material whatsoever...

The Vessel by itself will be the Magnet for the Mercurial Fire, which will form/condense/collect/become corporified by itself in your Vessel and it will go through the stages/cycles without any inteference on your part.

It will, however, take quite some time

Blog Entries
    Then again, leaving our matter in a vacuum sealed vessel is not very likely to produce the rotting/putrefying results we're after...
    Vacuum is rather preserving, and we don't want that...

So how are we to properly putrefy our Matter without losing or spoiling it?

Let's start with these questions, and move on from there...
    I have some experience in putrefying matter as many procedures require putrefaction first. About GW, with which I have worked a lot, I use closed but not airtight vessels. Usually I let the lid slightly open or use vessels with a small hole.Then I let te GW on a heat radiator until it becomes black colored. If one uses open vessel, the matter evaporates too much, it doesn't become black. In a tightly closed vessel (like bottle) I have not observed the blackening of the matter up to now. Then I usually continue with distillation.
    I find the 1/1/1 approach kind of ambitious, somehow phlegm or feces must be removed in order for the operation to continue.

Some other materials I tried to putrefact are saliva, dew+salt, K2CO3 delequiem and CaNO3 delequiem.

Saliva was put in an airtight closed vessel and then in digestor --> no blackening at all, only a white sediment.
    Dew+salt in an airtight vessel gave no blackening. But when I tried repeated distillations (cohobation) it turned black quickly and gave a magnetic brown-green sediment.
    The delequiems, gave a brown spongy sediment when digested in airtight vessel, no blackenng.

I have not thought of the differences between aitight and 'breathing' vessel until I read this post. The conditions of putrefaction seem to be important in order to get to black stage or the matter doesn't reach there.

If anyone is intending to actually perform this '1/1/1' process, please let me know and also share your experiences and ideas.
    I'd hate to waste time sharing my experience if noone is going to participate in this project....
    It is very important to do sth together as a group but I dont think I can participate. Main reason is the smells involved. I'm in an appartment and no longer have my lab close to me. Saliva and GW stinks and dew is difficult to collect in city with no equipment. Anyway, if I change my mind or find a solution till May I'll let you know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    I have some experience in putrefying matter as many procedures require putrefaction first. About GW, with which I have worked a lot, I use closed but not airtight vessels. Usually I let the lid slightly open or use vessels with a small hole.Then I let te GW on a heat radiator until it becomes black colored. If one uses open vessel, the matter evaporates too much, it doesn't become black. In a tightly closed vessel (like bottle) I have not observed the blackening of the matter up to now.
    What you described above is absolutely true (reflected) in my own experience - and your input to this effort is MUCH appreciated!

Thank you!

I find the 1/1/1 approach kind of ambitious, somehow phlegm or feces must be removed in order for the operation to continue.
    The putrefied matter needs to be decanted/filtered off its phlegm and feces before operations continue.
    The remaining homogenous matter is put in the 'cooking' vessel.

Saliva was put in an airtight closed vessel and then in digestor --> no blackening at all, only a white sediment.
    That's because the vessel was airtight

Dew+salt in an airtight vessel gave no blackening. But when I tried repeated distillations (cohobation) it turned black quickly and gave a magnetic brown-green sediment. The delequiems, gave a brown spongy sediment when digested in airtight vessel, no blackening.
    I haven't done any work with combined Dew and Salt, so I can't really comment on that.
    Neither have I worked with delequiems, except for some Ens experiments years ago.

I can only share what I have verified through my own experience

I have not thought of the differences between airtight and 'breathing' vessel until I read this post. The conditions of putrefaction seem to be important in order to get to black stage or the matter doesn't reach there.
    Absolutely

It is very important to do this together as a group but I dont think I can participate. Main reason is the smells involved. I'm in an appartment and no longer have my lab close to me. Saliva and GW stinks and dew is difficult to collect in city with no equipment. Anyway, if I change my mind or find a solution till May I'll let you know.
    I very much agree that this should be a group effort.

About the city location and the smells - I'll PM you within the next days, and I'm sure we'll find a way to get around this (if you wish).

I truly understand the issue. I myself have moved to a remote countryside location almost two years ago, for the purpose of dedicating myself to what matters most to me, without unneccessary distractions or prying eyes

Again, thank you very much for your input here - it really means a lot to me.
    Last edited by Andro; 02-28-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    What you described above is absolutely true (reflected) in my own experience - and your input to this effort is MUCH appreciated!

Thank you!
    Glad I helped.
    I wouldn't have realised the importance of putrefaction vessel if it wasn't for this thread (even if I've tried to putrefact matter a lot of times).
    The putrefied matter needs to be decanted/filtered off its phlegm and feces before operations continue.
    The remaining homogenous matter is put in the 'cooking' vessel.
    Yes. You mention this earlier also ("physicaly separated") but I haven't noticed it.

That's because the vessel was airtight
    This is interesting thing to test. I have tried saliva in airtight vessel, I could make now this experiment with saliva in a losely closed vessel to observe differences.

So, let it be, I will follow the '1/1/1' method with saliva, according to Androgynous guidance.

About the city location and the smells - I'll PM you within the next days, and I'm sure we'll find a way to get around this (if you wish).

I truly understand the issue. I myself have moved to a remote countryside location almost two years ago, for the purpose of dedicating myself to what matters most to me, without unneccessary distractions or prying eyes
    It is more a matter of motivation and determination, to be honest. Now that I have decided to participate, I am sure I will overcome those 'city' problems. About the practical ones (like odor, digestor), I will address them when they appear, I am technically inclined and I will also ask for specific advices. Maybe the most difficult to overcome is distraction, hehe. Those experiments require introvert attitude and need of a private space.

Blog Entries
    I will follow the '1/1/1' method with saliva.
    Thank you for chosing to participate!

As I said before, I envision this as a group effort.
    I hope that more members of this forum will join in and announce their participation and willingness to share their progress and insights.

If this doesn't happen, this effort will sadly die out (publicly) and continue to live in more private 1x1 communications - but this is NOT my intention.

I wouldn't have started this thread if I hadn't experienced first hand what this approach/process can lead to.
    I know many people out there are tired of countless processes that don't work, and may have lost their drive and motivation to try out something new.

I also realize that some of you expect some sort of 'proof' before you actually start getting your hands dirty.
    I'm sorry, but this is not how I perceive our Art to work.
    You'll only know by looking back - but this shouldn't stop you from dreaming ahead...

Last night I was talking with a friend in the Art, and he said that what's needed are simple processes and a lot of patience.
    This reflects my personal view as well.

One major key that's missing (or veiled) in most Alchemical literature is the importance to supersaturate our Matter(s)/Magnet(s) with Our Mercurial Fire, up to the point where the Matter has itself become Corporified Fire and can not absorb anymore of it from outside. This is why our Magnets must be so attractive and have the least possible non-homogenous superfluities .

It is also my opinion that most processes don't work out as expected because they're missing the major key mentioned above.

We'll have to wait and see where this is going...

Blog Entries
    Thank you for chosing to participate!

As I said before, I envision this as a group effort.
    I hope that more members of this forum will join in and announce their participation and willingness to share their progress and insights.

If this doesn't happen, this effort will sadly die out (publicly) and continue to live in more private 1x1 communications - but this is NOT my intention.

I wouldn't have started this thread if I hadn't experienced first hand what this approach/process can lead to.
    I know many people out there are tired of countless processes that don't work, and may have lost their drive and motivation to try out something new.

I also realize that some of you expect some sort of 'proof' before you actually start getting your hands dirty.
    I participate mainly for the following reasons:

- It is a group effort. We can support each other and double check our results.

- The process is simple enough (from materials viewpoint) to be followed (eg, no need for distillation).

- The process of putrefaction is mentioned in many alchemical works. We must answer questions like "does it always lead to a black stage for different materials?" or "what are the proper conditions?". How many times have you tried recipes where you putrefact mater (wine, dew+salt, GW, ...) and never reach to a result? Have you ever thought that we don't know what proper putrefaction means maybe?
    We need to master the first step before moving on.

- As for the proof mentioned by Androgynous, after many failures, I have learnt not to expect any final result from my work. I do it for the experience and if I'm lucky to reach the final result, then, oh well I wouldn't say no! If someone follows the recipe in order only to obtain the final result, then, probably he will lose many months working in vain. Even if I don't reach to the end, I will do some useful observations on putrefaction.

Last night I was talking with a friend in the Art, and he said that what's needed are simple processes and a lot of patience.
    This reflects my personal view as well.
    Sometimes I see the work we have to do as the hatching of an egg. We maintain the proper conditions steady, for a long time, and nature does the work.

Good luck to everyone in his endeavours. Now lets spit, piss, collect dew and ..(oh, you know).. lol. So sarcastic, hehe

Hi Androgynous, I am confounded, but certainly "dew, urine, sweat, and salt" isn't one matter. This appears to be four matters!

Certainly, the Stone is one matter, composed of three principles, and the four elements. The prima materia is a single matter, composed of three principles, and contains the four elements. It is not able to become the Stone because of its crude nature. This is where nature halts, and the work of the alchemist begins. In the alchemist lies the redemption, and perfection of this matter.
    Last edited by Aleilius; 03-02-2010 at 01:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread