Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ether Extraction Method

Ether Extraction Method

"Re the grease extraction of trap water with ether. It is an extraction method. The exact proportions are not so critical, as the excess ether is evaporated off. But the method I settled on:

1.Take 600 mls of trap water in a glass bottle with a good seal. The bottle needs to be about a liter to allow for gas pressure.

2. Add 30 mls of di-ethyl ether. This should be enough to leave a layer of ether floating on the trap water. Ether was chosen because it has limited solubility in water, and will separate as a discreet layer, once it has saturated the water.

3. Shake the ether/trap water vigorously and warm to around 30 to 35 degrees C. Any hotter and there is a danger of the bottle lid blowing off with pressure. Shake several times, and do the digestion for 24 to 36 hours.

4.The water often looks slightly milky. Distilled water with the same ether proportions does not.

5. With a pipette, draw off the ether layer, leaving the trap water layer undisturbed. collect the ether in a separate container and allow the excess ether to evaporate outside the building. I use a hand held ratchet suction device attached to the end of the pipette, called a "pi pump". With this we can wind up the desired amount/volume, remote from the mouth. I don't think ether is particularly toxic but it is a bit intense when we take a strong whiff of it. A separatory funnel is okay but ether dissolves silicone grease which is used as a lubricant for a lot of older separatory funnels. The newer ones with Teflon seals would work very well.

6. What remains after the ether smell has completely gone is a white grease. It is not water soluble but easily soluble in alcohol.

Ether is a covalent substance and not as susceptable to catalysis as aldehydes. Extraction with alcohol did not work so well. Aldehydes will catalyse into an oil/grease/resin with a metal catalyst, and these greases are coloured--yellow to red, according to the carbon chain length. (This is what masquerades as alchemy in some sources and Internet sites.)

As far as ingestion, I tasted it but never took it as a long term serious elixir. This is because I view the first white matter as a beginning, not an end product.

This brings up the subject of the stone per Fulcanelli. Barry did a great service to post this quote. The properties of the stone as Fulcanelli wrote, are consistent with other master's descriptions. These properties make DH's claims that the white ormes are the philosophers stone look half baked to say the least. Yet the white ormes are a part of the whole scene- I think, something like a starting point. These properties of the 'stone' are well worth contemplating.

Ryan suggest filtering through activated charcoal per below. I think the activated charcoal will trap the m-state. I am doing experiments with activated charcoal over the last week to see if m-state prefers the nooks and crannys of activated charcoal. If m-state likes carbon, then it suggests that it likes covalent matter (ether too) and would indicate where it resides in the body.
    "

I did this recently...I collected fresh trap water and allowed it to flow out of my second stage trap directly into about a quarter inch of ether in a mason jar and after about 24 hours my ether is starting to cloud up. The cloud is beginning as a ring, within the ether layer. This indicates to me that as this trap water putrefys a white substance is collecting in the ether.

This method should work as well with fresh GW

This white layer I will then separate from the water and gently evaporate the ether off and allow this white matter to digest....it should separate into a white and red mercury....according to what is written here :

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/airtrap.htm

"This is digested and it separates into a red and white 'Mercury'--as oils, and a solid. These in union gave rise to the evolutionary process described by so many alchemists. In fact it is the manipulation of the white and red that is the beginning of most tracts. They assume you already have these."

Blog Entries
    Thanks Leo. This seems like the next step - thanks for the details.

I wonder if the alcohol extraction will work if we alkalise our trap water -
    then it would be like the ens process. Do you know what happens if an alkali
    is added to the trap water?

Can this ether be applied to salt precips? Or should it just be applied to salt
    waters before precipitating?

Wyrd - I also had the insight that ormus might like to hide in (carbon) benzene rings.

Your most welcome.

I believe any non-polar solvent will work.... elsewhere they spoke of toulene.
    However solvents that evaporate quicker will leave less redisue and leave our white matter cleaner.

I've never tried to raise the ph of freshwater, my guess is nothing, but in my experience with the magnetic traps alkaline well water works best. Once water hits the surface in the presence of sunlight I believe what we are trying to obtain flashes back into the air.

I an not familar with the ens process.

I would tend to think that if dealing with salt water, preciptitation might be the only way to procede with the ether extraction, otherwise the ormus/mercury will continue to prefer to stay bonded to the salt. So by increasing PH with say, sodium hydroxide and allow this solution to cloud up it should then go very easily into the ether, but as far as the precipitants themsleves go...I don't see much value in them...as others have stated the preciptant itself does nothing for them, this would indicate that those who say otherwise are just feeling a residual effect from not washing and drying the precipitant well enough and another reason I have to believe that the power is in the water and not the actual solid preciptant is because I have taken those precipitants and dried them well and fired them and while I get a white powder that is incombustible, it has no effects on me, it is for the most part "dead".

Whats really interesting is if you try to burn those white powders using a direct flame on a metal plate with a torch a clear liquid condenses nearby and its highly unusual because the temperatures are still quite high as this clear liquid condenses about a half an inch from the powder and the flame of the torch is still kissing the clear liquid, it however does not evaporate. Would this be the Aqua Permanaes?

You can see an exact example of this condensate here: http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/oil-glass.wmv

And heres what they had to say about it here: http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/gasormus.htm

"In one case I videotaped a conversation with Jim where a piece of glass placed over some ORME rhodium/iridium had a "fog" condense on it. This oily liquid had the same properties as the oily liquid that condensed on the windshield of Jim's Camero. You can see a video of this liquid condensate at:

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/oil-glass.wmv

Kevin, in Australia, figured out another way to make an ORME oil from air and water using ether to concentrate the ORME oil. You can read about Kevin's air trap at:

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/airtrap.htm

On December 5, 2006 I spoke with Jim about trapping ORMEs out of the air. On that same day I reported what he said about the air trap on the ORMUS Scientific Workgroup forum. Here is what I wrote:

Jim also built an air trap and converted the ORMUS he got out of the air into metal. He said the trap ran 23 CFM of air for several hours. The metal from this trap was 76% silver with most of the remainder being copper. He said there was also a trace of gold. He also mentioned that the metal took longer than usual to show up using his conversion methods."

See how we came back around full circle to Kevin's ether extraction of the air from the salt water precipitant -clear condensate? That clear oily condensate is the same oil that dissolved gold on that picture frame of Jim's or so they say, I will try this soon as well.

But like I said elsewhere this clear oil fits the bill from so many vantage points as the mercury of the philosophers,.... in the way that is dissolves metals, it flashes into gold in sunlight, and also in that metals can be made from it. So IMO it does walk like a duck,..... so quack, quack.
    Last edited by LeoRetilus; 02-20-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Moving right along - ether extracting snot from DSS non-alkali precip:

The little bubbles are trying to rise but are caught in the snot and so stretch it.

Blog Entries
    Better pics:

When the ether is more saturated:

Using a bottle like this can make collecting the ether easier:

The snot is being extracted from the heavy oily liquid above the salt.
    After decanting all the liquid from the salt, you can add more water and
    create more and keep extracting it. Even after extracting the liquid with
    ether, if I pour it off and add new ether it extracts more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    This method should work as well with fresh GW
    It does. It extracts a relatively fixed oil out of the GW.

This white layer I will then separate from the water and gently evaporate the ether off and allow this white matter to digest....it should separate into a white and red mercury....
    I believe you've already performed this separation manually via the ether extraction. However, I think the ether extraction only gives you half of the equation, and that your extract should be digested with the other half of the equation, which should be the salts from the water.

I'd love to know the color and consistency of your material after the ether evaporates...

I personally doubt that the matter extracted with ether will by itself separate again to bring forth the Red and the White - but I would sincerely love to be proven wrong

So just out of curiosity, I think I'm going to build a trap and try this on trap water myself

It should be also interesting to putrefy the trap water for some time before performing the ether extraction...

PS: While writing this, the expressions "Out of thin Air" and "Out of the Blue" suddenly popped into my mind... So I guess they belong here for some reason...
    Last edited by Andro; 02-20-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Moving right along - ether extracting snot from DSS non-alkali precip:

The little bubbles are trying to rise but are caught in the snot and so stretch it.

Sol...what do you mean when you say non-alkali precip, did you just over saturate your trap water with DSS, until it began to precipitate?

Blog Entries
    Sol...what do you mean when you say non-alkali precip, did you just over saturate your trap water with DSS, until it began to precipitate?
    Yes, that's correct.
    The salt is somehow changed though when it precipitates.
    I wish I knew how. This turns out to be the same precipitate I would get
    when mixing DSS with gw or vodka. It tastes pretty nasty. When left to sit
    nitrous crystals evolve - some really long thin needles and some short fat ones.

The snot can be caught in filter paper.
    I was surprised that it will wash off the filter paper with water - I thought
    it would be really sticky.

At one point I tried adding a little bit of DSS to some ether/starting fluid and
    when I shook it (it doesn't dissolve) it turned red-violet. Then I decanted the
    ether and added water to dissolve the salt and got some snot from that.
    I wasn't able to get the red-violet color when i tried to repeat it.

An ether extraction on wet m-state produced a nice pink snot.

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Yes, that's correct.
    The salt is somehow changed though when it precipitates.
    I wish I knew how
    This is the best answer to that question(how it changes when precipitated) and was the most reaffirming passage I've read so far on finding the incombustible salt, its from the Third key of Basil,

"That which is to protect another substance against combustion must itself be safe from danger. The latter must be stronger than the former, that is to say, it must itself be essentially incombustible. He, then, who would prepare the incombustible sulphur of the Sages, must look for our sulphur in a substance in which it is incombustible -- which can only be after its body has been absorbed by the salt sea, and again rejected by it."

Have you tried dissolving gold leaf in the snot yet?

Seal some up in a glass jar and put it in the sun and see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread