Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gold of a Thousand Mornings

Gold of a Thousand Mornings

This is a Phoenix-thread from the old site.

Here's an interesting text for all of you practical alchemists out there. The text is very detailed, and includes photos of the laboratory work.

The prima materia for this process is dirt infused with "etheric" energy. It is mingled with morning dew + plant matter to produce a type of black earth. This is used in subsequent operations to extract the essence from gold. The resulting gold elixir is said to be quite powerful, and from what I remember hearing, the author lived to be around 120 years old.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's in a pdf format, with two pieces (these are hosted on my site).
    1. Gold of a Thousand Mornings - Part 1 [link broken]
    2. Gold of a Thousand Mornings - Part 2 [link broken]
    Quote Originally Posted by deviadah
    Oh that is a very nice PDF... I am such a sucker for such books (what a gem)!

Thanks!

I shall have to link 'em up on the resource page...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulEvil
    Here's an interesting quote from the book about the First Matter & Universal Spirit.

It is for this reason so many authors have stated that the First Matter is neither animal, vegetable nor mineral, even though it is made up of the three kingdoms of nature. The vital fluid, of which the interior fire or spark of life is composed, exists in all three kingdoms. All hermetic philosophers agree that the Materia Prima must be prepared in such a way as to become the Materia Secunda, so that ultimately it may be in fit state to bring about what is expected of it. Some authors look for it in mineral substances, others in tartar, others again in the earth. The truth is that it is found everywhere and may be collected in abundance. The critical factor is to separate it from the vulgar bodies in which it is retained, so that ultimately it may be fixed in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralwave
    Is this books still available? I tried to get it but the link appears dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi
    Can you repost a link, Beautiful Evil?
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice any new thread replies.

I'll upload them to my new server when I get the change. Stay tuned for a link!

Tajmina Guest

Looking for Barbault, Armand. Gold of a Thousand Mornings

Hi--I got directed here rather circuitously in my search for the book, Gold of a Thousand Mornings. The links I've tried don't work. Help!
    Best,
    Tajmina

Hi everybody!

Although this thread has been somewhat dead for quite a while, I assume it's never too late to post a question. I just wanted to know if anyone here on the forum has a copy of the actual book by Barbault. I have been trying to get a copy for quite some time, but the cheapest I have found were running at no less than $100. So finding the pdf documents of the book was great for starters in at least allowing me to study the work of Barbault. However, the pdf document available of the text is flawed in two different places.

1. Page 80 is ruined by an image locked on half the page making the text ureadable.

2. The scan of pages 94-95 is missing entirely from the pdf.

So, I was hoping that there might be someone on the forum who has a copy of the actual book and who might be willing to post a scan of pages 80, 94 and 95 for those poor souls missing out on this fascinating book because of its unavailability.

Yours in the Great Work,

Tesposinus
    Qui se totum dedit, omnia impetrat

The link only took me to the home page of 2shared.com. how do you get to the actual article?

is ok Kirks link worked a treat

Thanks

Who is it in the plates...is it Armand Barbault?

Indeed, that's Barbault himself!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has studied this. It always catches my attention when books go for large sums. This is on amazon uk at 350 sterling ! I got a copy here
    http://dimensionalchemist.com/free-l...books-library/ lots of other great alchemy texts here too.

Looking at this old thread I see page 94-95 same as in above link, are missing which makes me really want to see why ....

Anyway I'm half way through this book and it seems a really honest description of 1st Matter etc, but does hold back a little but if you've read the Spiritus Mundi thread -particularly Leo's ideas - you'll be able to fil in gaps. He does reference the Mutus Liber with a particular interpretation. Well worth a look from what I see so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has studied this. It always catches my attention when books go for large sums. This is on amazon uk at 350 sterling !
    I've purchased Barbault's Gold of a Thousand Mornings for less than $45 (USD) 3 or 4 years ago; didn't realize that the current listing price has been raised. Yes, it's an excellent book, but the alchemical process described isn't complete or 'taken to the end'. He ran out of time, so we're led to believe. I would be very interested - often since reading it contemplated - to contact his son and get some kind of correspondence whether the Work was followed up or completed? (Son is present in one of the photographs.)

+ Reply to Thread