Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The Philosopher's Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    This is Thomas Vaughan, not John Dee. From his Aula Lucis.
    Just read it. Very interesting short Treaty about the Universal path, particularly the links between the Light and Our Mercury.

And thanks Ghislain for the link.

I keep thinking the matter is just lead ore (galena). The reason I think so is because when the first prime matter is released from the centre of the earth on its journey to create metals, it must pass through the earliest stage of metallic formation for every metal, because as the alchemists emphasize, all the metals have the same prime matter. But when they say prime matter in reference to metals, as Sendivogius points out in his twelve treatises, they are actually referring to the second prime matter, not the first. The first is the source of every living thing on earth, not just metals - it also leads to the creation of plants on the surface for example. But the second prime matter is special because it is the first prime matter in reference to metals.

So this first prime matter of metals must surely pass through the lead stage, given that we are told the metals are all the same, just in different degrees of evolution and purification. And what is the most crude metal? Lead. What does lead come from? Lead ore. So it seems obvious to me that lead ore is the prime matter of metals. But not the ore itself, which has already become differentiated (or "sealed") under Saturn, as the alchemists say. Rather, it is the hidden prime matter within the lead itself, and this hidden prime matter has already been differentiated to be a metal. This is why it is so special when extracted from lead ore: it is already in the right proportions of sulphur, salt and mercury to be a metal. If we broke down a plant instead for example, it wouldn't be in metallic proportions. This is what the alchemists mean when they say you have to take it as nature has already differentiated it into a metal, and from there you purify it etc. You don't actually take generic salt, sulphur and mercury and form the proportion yourself, because only nature is able to do this. (I do not know about the more advanced processes of some genuine alchemists though, which claim to create the stone from air or blood - that seems to be another story altogether and in each case, I have always found that they first discovered the poor man's path of lead ore and only then started exploring alternative paths using their knowledge of the correct proportions etc).

I have been convinced of as much for years now and have yet to find someone who can convince me otherwise. If you can, please do so! It just seems obvious to me that the processes the alchemists speak of are all applied to galena. You take it from the bowels of the earth, then philosophically dissolve it to separate and purify its three principles, then rejoin them together back to their original metallic union, then this "egg" is developed in the flask into all the metals that come after lead, until finally it becomes silver and gold (ie the red sulphur, which as far as I know is just a highly purified form of the metal gold).

Quote Originally Posted by Tannur View Post
    I have been convinced of as much for years now and have yet to find someone who can convince me otherwise. If you can, please do so! It just seems obvious to me that the processes the alchemists speak of are all applied to galena.
    Well written explanation of your stance, Tannur. Thank you for sharing!

I absolutely love the writings of Sendivogius.

Are you looking for someone to disprove that galena is the Philosopher's Matter, or are you looking for someone to prove that galena is the Philosopher's Matter?

If you are seeking out disapproval of your substance, what could be said that would ever prove to you otherwise?

If you seek affirmation, what could be said that could prove to you that it is so unless someone were to post video, thorough documentation, and ample evidence that they have produced the Philosopher's Stone using galena? No one in existence has ever posted any evidence they have accomplished anything worthwhile, and only a handful of people alive today even openly claim Success.

Hi Tannur .... and welcome to the forum.

Rubaphilos Salfluere has written about his lab work using Lead to acquire our Mercury.

Do you do practical lab work ???

If not this could be a good time to start .... with Galena ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    No one in existence has ever posted any evidence they have accomplished anything worthwhile, and only a handful of people alive today even openly claim Success.
    Hi Schmuldvich

I have had what most people would call hundreds of failures in The Great Work.

To me these hundreds of failures are all stepping stones along the path
    of Alchemy and it is slow and long and can be quite frustrating at times.

BUT.... I do find that there is an evolution in the way I see things and the
    changes with patience, also a sense of positive hope in my life for The Work.

To me this is accomplishing something "worthwhile".

It could be interesting to hear what some of our members consider what the
    term "worthwhile" may mean in Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hi Schmuldvich

I have had what most people would call hundreds of failures in The Great Work.

To me these hundreds of failures are all stepping stones along the path
    of Alchemy and it is slow and long and can be quite frustrating at times.

BUT.... I do find that there is an evolution in the way I see things and the
    changes with patience, also a sense of positive hope in my life for The Work.

To me this is accomplishing something "worthwhile".

It could be interesting to hear what some of our members consider what the
    term "worthwhile" may mean in Alchemy.
    Hi black, happy to hear from you over there on the other side of the world.

Your view of these "failures" certainly resonates with the view that I hold as well. They are indeed stepping stones, and at times can be frustrating.

Ultimately these "failures" give us ample room to evolve, and more importantly as you point out, they often time provide us with a sense of positive hope and encouragement.

Absolutely accomplishing something worthwhile in your personal world is indeed worthwhile by definition, although in the grand scheme of things this is the same as me learning calculus in relation to your world. For example, the fact that I have learned so much about calculus (which I haven't), especially as it relates to my inner personal experience and perception of the world relative to what I know, in no way benefits you (unless I choose to share an applicable technique or hidden insight ascertained through diligent study). These "failures" guide us to new paths and push us away from other paths. In the sense of the word "worthwhile" that I use here, these failures/knowing calculus in no way benefits you or proves an accomplishment of anything worthwhile other than the positive impact of personal evolution directly related to that particular person's personal experience in this world.

Elsewhere we have had discussions regarding the term "worthwhile" and it essentially boils down to what is stated above (i.e. worthwhile relative to one's personal experience).

When I use this phrase it is simply me calling out anyone who has the balls to come forward and publicly claim they have accomplished Success in our Art.

People here talk like they understand Alchemy. Many here even have years of practical lab experience under their belts. Some members have produced incredible end products pleasing to the eye, and some have produced things that can be deemed marvelous. But when people like Salazius claim to have produced the Universal Solvent described by the Masters yet the end product does not coincide with the descriptions of the Alchemists, then therein I believe lies a problem. When these people refuse to answer direct questions or cowardly clam up when pressed for more information on something they have consciously publicly shared that's when you know not even they are not confident their product withholds scrutiny and is not in alignment with the words of the Sages. You have people here like LeoRetilus who post all kinds of wordy mumbo jumbo, some of which makes sense, but most of which in no way parallels the words of the Ancients but instead is just a haughty product of that person's mind, admittedly usually posted with good intent but completely against the words of the Alchemists themselves. Members here in the past have pathetically claimed to have made the "Philosopher's Stone" and posted pictures of this supposed feat but what a joke all these claims are. Seth-Ra I'm looking at you. Not a single one of these supposed "accomplishments" these people claim or post even remotely parallel the descriptions of the end product Alchemists describe. But you know what, black? These people have all had "worthwhile" experiences and are convicted and impacted enough by these experiences to share this portion of their lives with us. It baffles me through-and-through that these people have the audacity to bastardize such a high Art with their pseudospiritual speech and cherrypicked alchemical jargon. It's one thing to present something as a neat experiment with interesting end results, but it's another thing to outright declare you have produced the Philosopher's Stone even though what is being shown or described has no properties in accordance the Philosopher's Stone of the Alchemists.

You can make the stone with galena, but then again, you can make the stone out of almost anything including but not limited to cinnabar, pyrite, a chicken egg, and even human blood.
    Last edited by Uncle Scrooge; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:20 AM.
    "Heaven is the first element.Ē
    ― Hermes Trismegistus, Corpus Hermeticum: The Divine Pymander
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro
    PGP Key: https://pastebin.com/AEfuk8KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Hi black, happy to hear from you over there on the other side of the world.

Your view of these "failures" certainly resonates with the view that I hold as well. They are indeed stepping stones, and at times can be frustrating.

Ultimately these "failures" give us ample room to evolve, and more importantly as you point out, they often time provide us with a sense of positive hope and encouragement.

Absolutely accomplishing something worthwhile in your personal world is indeed worthwhile by definition, although in the grand scheme of things this is the same as me learning calculus in relation to your world. For example, the fact that I have learned so much about calculus (which I haven't), especially as it relates to my inner personal experience and perception of the world relative to what I know, in no way benefits you (unless I choose to share an applicable technique or hidden insight ascertained through diligent study). These "failures" guide us to new paths and push us away from other paths. In the sense of the word "worthwhile" that I use here, these failures/knowing calculus in no way benefits you or proves an accomplishment of anything worthwhile other than the positive impact of personal evolution directly related to that particular person's personal experience in this world.

Elsewhere we have had discussions regarding the term "worthwhile" and it essentially boils down to what is stated above (i.e. worthwhile relative to one's personal experience).

When I use this phrase it is simply me calling out anyone who has the balls to come forward and publicly claim they have accomplished Success in our Art.

People here talk like they understand Alchemy. Many here even have years of practical lab experience under their belts. Some members have produced incredible end products pleasing to the eye, and some have produced things that can be deemed marvelous. But when people like Salazius claim to have produced the Universal Solvent described by the Masters yet the end product does not coincide with the descriptions of the Alchemists, then therein I believe lies a problem. When these people refuse to answer direct questions or cowardly clam up when pressed for more information on something they have consciously publicly shared that's when you know not even they are not confident their product withholds scrutiny and is not in alignment with the words of the Sages. You have people here like LeoRetilus who post all kinds of wordy mumbo jumbo, some of which makes sense, but most of which in no way parallels the words of the Ancients but instead is just a haughty product of that person's mind, admittedly usually posted with good intent but completely against the words of the Alchemists themselves. Members here in the past have pathetically claimed to have made the "Philosopher's Stone" and posted pictures of this supposed feat but what a joke all these claims are. Seth-Ra I'm looking at you. Not a single one of these supposed "accomplishments" these people claim or post even remotely parallel the descriptions of the end product Alchemists describe. But you know what, black? These people have all had "worthwhile" experiences and are convicted and impacted enough by these experiences to share this portion of their lives with us. It baffles me through-and-through that these people have the audacity to bastardize such a high Art with their pseudospiritual speech and cherrypicked alchemical jargon. It's one thing to present something as a neat experiment with interesting end results, but it's another thing to outright declare you have produced the Philosopher's Stone even though what is being shown or described has no properties in accordance the Philosopher's Stone of the Alchemists.
    Are you quite certain that you yourself know how to read the books of the ancients? Owning to the fact that the God of this world, The Devil Blinds your eyes and covers your ears.

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who donít believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They donít understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God 2. Corinthians 4:4
    Peace and LVX

Frater L.R.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    Are you quite certain that you yourself know how to read the books of the ancients?
    No, not at all. I haven't accomplished anything worthwhile. See this thread: "I like to sound like I know what I'm talking about online and enjoy reading Alchemy texts. I feel I understand the majority of what is being said".

+ Reply to Thread