Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Philosopher's Matter

No thats what Teofrast said, that he read from Fulcaneli or something like that.

What I am saying is that the feminine seed finds the sulfur in the metal and seeks coagulation from it and in the process disrupts the equilibrium of the metal and changes its qualities, makes it brittle and glass-like at least thats what I understand of it, in my limited child-like knowledge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teofrast40 View Post
    A new androginous bipolar equilibrium to become philosophical mercury.
    I agree with the 'androgynous' bit, except that when it's truly androgynous, it's not 'bipolar' (Yin/Yang) anymore, but goes beyond that.
    It has it's two polarities perfectly blended together. Yin/Yang is bipolar. Mercurial Androginy isn't

hallo androginous,
    yes, you are right. That's exactly what I was meaning.
    we could consider bipolar energy-movement of Universal Spirit from the sky to the (hollow) center of the earth and viceversa, as a sort of universal respiration (inspiration and expiration).
    In nature these bipolar and opposite energies cannot cohexist in a given time/space. we have positive charge or negative, inspiration or expiration.
    what can be attained only by the art is philosophical mercury, where we have these polarities suspended together in equilibrium, much like the kumbhaka in yoga's pranayama.

with humility
    t

hallo androginous,
    we could consider bipolar energy-movement of Universal Spirit from the sky to the (hollow) center of the earth and viceversa, as a sort of universal respiration (inspiration and expiration).
    In nature these bipolar and opposite energies cannot cohexist in a given time/space. we have positive charge or negative, inspiration or expiration.
    what can be attained only by the art is philosophical mercury, where we have these polarities suspended together in equilibrium, much like the kumbhaka in yoga's pranayama.

with humility
    t
    Yes the bi-polar nature of light, magnetic monopoles perhaps, they make up the radiant energy of stars. One is luminous and much like the visible light our eyes can see the other is solely magnetic in nature and dark and invisible to the human eye and yet pervades all space. Separate the two, concentrate them and then reunite them. If you upset the balance of nature you will see wonderful things.

hallo androginous,

with humility
    t
    So HOW is the next question, using lenses or special mirrors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    If you upset the balance of nature you will see wonderful things.
    Leo, sometimes your philosophical pearls are are music to my ears

Like I like to say:

Vulgar/Common Nature is dualistically balanced, whereas Philosophical Nature is Non-Dualistically balanced

Quote Originally Posted by garvolt2002 View Post
    So HOW is the next question, using lenses or special mirrors.
    hallo garvolt,
    in my opinion, the attainment of philosophical mercury in the great Work and the pulvis solaris are two totally different things. but I do not exclude that something similar could come into play somewhere along the the Work.

with humility
    t

I think you're right Teofrast, in that French Alchemie video featuring Patrick Riverre he is most clearly using a solar concentrator to make a solar salt from dew and when he shows it he also shows another salt similar in composition right next to it, no doubt a lunar salt, as it appears to have different hue to it, he uses both salts along with what I believe to be potassium carbonate or nitrate and both black stibinite(antimony tri-oxide or valentinite) and a purer antimony(perhaps kermesite) ore in a dry path. Eventually after many firings he achieves a purified scoria, a green vitriol from which he extracts its sap, this would be the philosophical mercury.

V.I.T.R.I.O.L-
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    Observations: The Green Lion is the green vitriol and the phisolophical mercury is the blood of the green lion or:: Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Inveniens Occultum Lapidem Veram Medicinam. Or in one of the possible translations: "See in the interior of the purified earth, and you will find the secret stone, the true medicine".
    Last edited by LeoRetilus; 03-08-2010 at 12:21 PM.

yes, I'm aware of that video. personally, I don't trust Riviere, but do not want to open a discussion about him here. his work is closer to valentinus' stone of fire, a particular path of antimony.

and also please consider that green vitriol is NOT philosophical mercury. green vitriol is synonim of alkaest, green lion, eau de vie, universal solvent, vulgar mercury (not Hg). its attainment, heracle's trials, is way before the confection of philosophical mercury.

with humility
    t

Ok, but I said the sap , in the interior of the vitriol, that's what the acronym V.I.T.R.I.O.L stands for, the latin phrase. The yellow sap is what the confection is made from.

+ Reply to Thread