Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The LAB

Blog Entries
    Well I really don't think money is a question.

We all know the lack of real science, science that is not dependent on war and pharma-drugs.

But I also think that art is weak. No progress is being done with film, fiction, music... most of it is repetition.

Originality, going further than any artist has gone before. That is what I want to see. That is why we are here. To expand the mind. To expand the mind of others, and eventually EVOLVE further. A thing, an entity, like the LAB will be for mankind, by mankind. Am I thinking too big?

No compromise is my motto, science and art needs to be destroyed and rebuilt.

90% of all science and art is not worthy to float in my toilet IMO.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Well with all of the radiant energy collectors and permanent magnet motor designs floating around, and even advances in "earth" batteries, I bet you can freely produce more electricity than ever needed. Convert old gasoline engines into hydrogen for transportation, and construct greenhouses for year-round organic produce void of the overly hybridized and genetically manipulated trash being peddled around the world.

Waste could easily be routed to a composter to be converted into nutrients for horticulture. Wells are fairly easy unless your on solid bedrock.

This is definitely the kind of life I would strive for.

Just out of curiosity, what is your position on the possession of firearms?
    I believe many people attracted to this type of community would oppose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    I believe many people attracted to this type of community would oppose it.
    I personally am not fond of guns, but i do love traditional martial art weapons. (swords, knives, staffs, shuriken, pole arms etc...)
    It is also of my opinion that martial arts build spirit/secret fire within, and thus are important, as well as certain transmutations to the body making it stronger, faster, healthier etc...

I guess im thinking alchemical warrior monks.
    "Behold as i slice the apple of all 5 of my assistants heads, while throwing this pole arm through 5 flaming hoops in the opposite direction! Now behold as i turn lead into gold! "

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

What better lab could you want than this that already exists...it is international,
    diverse, free, and carries no baggage.

Cyber-utopia

IMHO

Ghislain

Yes, but I wouldn't mind having the time to continue with my work and experiments un-detered, without having to waste time worring about whether or not I paid this bill and that one, and going grocery shopping, or shopping at all, which I detest...letting someone better equipped to do those things for the community while I did what I was better equipped for, each of us doing what we had the natural talents and abilities to do while others took care of what activities they were natural more pre-disposed to. When I was younger and single and without responsibilities I would have been all in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Cyber-utopia
    The we would ultimately have to become Cybermen ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    Yes, but I wouldn't mind having the time to continue with my work and experiments un-detered, without having to waste time worring about whether or not I paid this bill and that one, and going grocery shopping, or shopping at all, which I detest...letting someone better equipped to do those things for the community while I did what I was better equipped for, each of us doing what we had the natural talents and abilities to do while others took care of what activities they were natural more pre-disposed to. When I was younger and single and without responsibilities I would have been all in.
    When you find these people who want to take on all those responsibilities you
    detest Leo, let me know I could do with some of them here

Ghislain

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    The we would ultimately have to become Cybermen ourselves
    I don't think just because we comunicate over cyberspace Andro' that we would
    have to become mindless automatons...one does not lead to the other. We can
    still enjoy our friends, smell the roses etc... and carry on our studies unhindered.

The difference lies in the freedom of expression and the ability to turn everyone
    else off if it is so desired.

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    Well I think this has to depend on where it is located. If in the US I don't see a problem, but if in Europe there will be a problem. But really guns would only be used to kill off IRS and other government agencies that come by

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    Yes, but I wouldn't mind having the time to continue with my work and experiments un-detered, without having to waste time worring about whether or not I paid this bill and that one, and going grocery shopping, or shopping at all, which I detest...
    Exactly... and no problem finding people like this. We just take turns. Imagine that you only need to do these chores for a day every month. That ain't so bad... or Plan B pay people to do it for us.

Ghislain: yes I agree that digital form is great, but not good enough... this LAB project has really got nothing to do with alchemy. Although I am sure there will be plenty of alchemical work being done, but not only that. No limits.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

guns would only be used to kill off IRS and other government agencies that come by
    Ahhh! another Waco...Branch Davidians...Branch Deviadians?

The above is meant in humour and no disrespect to the tragedy
    that happened there.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread