Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The LAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Ahhh! another Waco...Branch Davidians...Branch Deviadians?

The above is meant in humour and no disrespect to the tragedy
    that happened there.

Ghislain

That's one reason I'm paranoid about defense. This logic could be very flawed though, (the waco event might have been avoided if there were no weapons on the complex)

Seth-Ra........I was watching some Shaolin training vids on youtube the other day. I only have a few years Tai kwon do experience. You can be resident martial arts trainer....I'll carry buckets of water up and down stairs for you.

Blog Entries
    Seriously I don't think we should have weapons.

The most powerful weapon will be our pens and our own digital outputs, tv channel, radio... uncorrupted art in all its forms. Film festival. Science debates. Whatever you can imagine. No limits. No middle-men. Any profits goes back to the Lab and to the creator of whatever is profited from. No leader. Beyond democracy.

I imagine OPEN HOUSE, when it is up and running with lots of activity etc, why not get school kids in. It is not about any fundamental dogmas that we want to spread or brainwash others with. It is all about gnosis, pursuit of science and art of high standards that does not corrupt the soul, does not rape the planet etc.

It has to be located in a partly free nation, I can imagine censorship of all forms otherwise.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    You can be resident martial arts trainer....I'll carry buckets of water up and down stairs for you.
    Things like this is not a bad idea. As we teach ourselves, we teach others and they in turn teach us. No statues. No gurus.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Seth-Ra........I was watching some Shaolin training vids on youtube the other day. I only have a few years Tai kwon do experience. You can be resident martial arts trainer....I'll carry buckets of water up and down stairs for you.
    Deal!

I wouldnt say weapons were bad, they have their place. Ive found more uses for a sword then slicing up enemies. (ofcourse when you wear a katana all day everyday for years, it kinda does act like an extension of your arm. lol )

But perhaps there could be a "tempering" of the weapons, like personalized knives for harvesting herbs and such (im thinkin druidic), staffs as symbols but practical in a moments notice (especially as we get older, might not need one during the first 700 years, but by 850, ya start getting on up there. ) and ofcourse scythes for cutting the grass, really old-school it with style. But ofcourse ima pull a Hohenheim (Paracelsus) and say

"You can take my sword from my cold dead hands!.. but probably not since it'll be imbued with the Stone. "

Warning, the above quote is not a real quote and was intended for humor purposes only, though we cant be sure that Hohenheim never said it, we also cant be sure that he did.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Now Japanese swordsmithing is something I could really get into

In terms of education in such a place, I recommend a look at this experimental arts college which was formed near my current home.

http://www.theartstory.org/school-bl...in-college.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mountain_College

William Carlos Williams and Albert Einstein were part time staffers at one point...

It didn't last very long,
    but one can learn from the mistakes of others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    But perhaps there could be a "tempering" of the weapons, like personalized knives for harvesting herbs and such (im thinkin druidic), staffs as symbols but practical in a moments notice (especially as we get older, might not need one during the first 700 years, but by 850, ya start getting on up there. ) and ofcourse scythes for cutting the grass, really old-school it with style.
    Oh yes, sure. Well really as long as we aim to improve ourselves, our race (with science and art), then anything goes. I am sure mistakes will be made, but those are the moments we hopefully learn from the most.

It didn't last very long,
    but one can learn from the mistakes of others.
    Exactly.

Don't ask we what projects or in what way things should be done, it is free!

As long as we agree from the start on some core points like for instance nature is sacred, respect for each other and so on then the rest solves itself. There really shouldn't be any laws, that is why I was wrong to write earlier on about meat eating not being allowed. All is allowed, I don't want to force my view on other artists and scientist. It is supposed to be a place of individuals. Whatever they believe. And what they share is the love of art and science, and to be creative. Although we can have great heated debates, and perhaps with science find out if it is indeed better to eat meat or not (for example).

The true point of the LAB is for a person to get "society" of his/her back so s/he can concentrate on the Work. This can only be done if we work together, not for a collective goal, but for each others individuality.

Egoism = altruism!

Blog Entries
    Just got me thinking: perhaps a new form of governance could be discovered, some form of individual democracy?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Ask yourself:
    Am I an Artist - or Scientist - that strives for originality without a place in society? Am I sick of corruption, greed, vanity and the endless and meaningless struggles of so-called normal life? Need to meet and live and work together with others like us? If all answers to these questions are YES then for the sake of your soul read on… here
    Well in short the concept of the Factory or the Academy has died away, or never been done properly. There needs to be artists and scientists working together in an environment that if free of all the obligations/pressures of reality.

What is needed?

- Artists
    - Scientists
    - Building
    - And the will to want to live there in a sort of community where it is also possible to be a hermit

In the beginning there will be costs, but the aim is to be self-sustained and that works of art and inventions generate money to the Lab so its residents don't need to worry about paying rent, buying food or cleaning the floor.

A lot of the logistics has already been done... the link I've provided is the tip of an iceberg just to get people interested. This concept has been in the making since 1998... I think the Lab will happen digitally first and then later in reality.
    Well the dream is one Lab per country.
    Strong as group, strong as individual...

All this is things in the start-up phase. The aim is not to need to buy food, own the building and live of whatever is produced of course - with an aim that will serve mankind and nature.
    We all know the lack of real science, science that is not dependent on war and pharma-drugs.

But I also think that art is weak. No progress is being done with film, fiction, music... most of it is repetition.

Originality, going further than any artist has gone before. That is what I want to see. That is why we are here. To expand the mind. To expand the mind of others, and eventually EVOLVE further. A thing, an entity, like the LAB will be for mankind, by mankind. Am I thinking too big?

No compromise is my motto, science and art needs to be destroyed and rebuilt.
    digital form is great, but not good enough... this LAB project has really got nothing to do with alchemy. Although I am sure there will be plenty of alchemical work being done, but not only that. No limits.
    as long as we aim to improve ourselves, our race (with science and art), then anything goes.

As long as we agree from the start on some core points like for instance nature is sacred, respect for each other and so on then the rest solves itself. There really shouldn't be any laws, that is why I was wrong to write earlier on about meat eating not being allowed. All is allowed, I don't want to force my view on other artists and scientist. It is supposed to be a place of individuals. Whatever they believe. And what they share is the love of art and science, and to be creative.

The true point of the LAB is for a person to get "society" of his/her back so s/he can concentrate on the Work. This can only be done if we work together, not for a collective goal, but for each others individuality.

Egoism = altruism!
    Hi everyone,

I am really curious and actually interested if any of you reading these forums share this kind of dream/vision (more or less as Dev described it in the above quotes).

I have been leading a similar lifestyle for a few years now, living (renting) together with a few friends - while pursuing our arts, crafts and research, together and individually as well.

But we still have to pay rent and utilities, we are still dependent on the system and on 'normal' society, still have to do 'work' to pay for stuff that we really don't feel the need to pay for anymore (not with our time and not with our 'money' and energy)

So I really resonate with this LAB vision/dream.

This is the sort of life that I wish to live.

I'm sure there are others who share similar dreams (and I am not talking about a hippie commune lifestyle, but one of pushing the limits of creativity and self-expression in as many ways as possible, according to everyone's natural inclinations.

If there are others who share a similar vision - please let your voices be heard here!

We may be scattered all over the globe, but this doesn't mean we can't do some networking and sharing/exchanging ideas and resources, no matter where we are located, to actually make this concept a reality (not just talk!).

So, again, if you resonate with these concepts and/or know others who may - please make your voices be heard here...

And even if you feel this lifestyle is not for you, you can still help - with knowledge, connections in any area that is relevant (such as alternative or even free energy, potential locations you are aware of that may suit the concept, possible connections with ideological benefactors... you get the picture.

No times are better than these... while they are a'changing
    Last edited by Andro; 08-23-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    If there are others who share a similar vision - please let your voices be heard here!
    Present! Though I go through phases of pessimistic despair- I fear running the society experiment might well yield the same results (who holds the conch? who is going to be piggy?). I also go through optimistic delirium- reading T.A.Z. by Hakim Bey can be quite inspiring. Pirate Utopia! In any case the idea of the dropout community is certainly up in the collective consciousness.

I heard recently of such a community who came together regularly to do group depth therapy. I think such a locus is advisable to avoid many of the pitfalls of human nature. Trying to be in an intimate relationship with one person is difficult- trying to be in one with an entire community is a huge challenge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Present!
    'Present' as in saying that you would actually take action in this direction and live this out in 'real' life?

Or just present as in 'I like the concept, but I'm not sure it is for me'...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Trying to be in an intimate relationship with one person is difficult- trying to be in one with an entire community is a huge challenge.
    The group does not have to be big, and there should always be the possibility of solitude.

who holds the conch? who is going to be piggy?
    As for the conch/piggy analogy - you just make sure that you do it with people you know and trust.

This is not a random event or 'academical' social 'Lord Of The Flies' type of experiment.

It is for people who are already mature and sovereign individuals in their own right, ready to leave the 'normal' ways of society behind, and live, work and share in ways that have most likely not been tried before.

That's the way I see it, anyway... And this is more or less the way I have been living for the past few years.

There have been 'crisis' situations, sure, but we always managed to treasure this very special thing we have and move past the challenges (which were the lessons we needed to learn).

+ Reply to Thread