Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The LAB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, where would this be??
    You can start by envisioning YOUR ideal environment/area for a LAB initiative, and you will get closer to where it would be.

There need not be only ONE Lab initiative in the world, but rather (and preferably) as many as possible, all over the globe...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    Sounds like a good idea
    Nibiru,

Do you see it as a realistic possibility for yourself to be among the founders of such a LAB-type community project?

Do you know other like minded people/friends in your country/area who might be enthusiastic about this as well?

I don't know if anyone on this thread has talked about a place in India called Auroville, founded by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. It s recognized bythe UN. There is no government and everyone there is on a spiritual path. This place has been around for a very long time and is a very successful intentional community.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good, but I personally don't like India. My experience of India is negative only... also it has got way to many lost white hippies lost in their own peace and love delirium. I can only speak from experience.

Hippies or new agers often lack the practical, whereas the capitalist/producer lack the spiritual side of things. I like to think the best way forward is to combine both aspects to the confusion of both groups (or so I have experienced it).

Last edited by Awani; 08-28-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Only had one visit of India..couple of days in Delhi and a day in Agra other than those I was hiking in the Himalayas.

All the way to the source of the Ganges in Gangotri. Well about 20km from there to Gaumukh, as the glacier is receding due to global warming.

How can you be negative about that Dev?

Ghislain

Edit: Video of Auroville

Not too far away from what they are trying to do at the Temple Dev.
    Last edited by Ghislain; 08-28-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: adding vid
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Nature is cool, it always is. But in India life is cheap... and I was talking about people (see my edited post before yours).

I've been in the slum, in the heroin infected streets, in the cheating shops and markets, the police brutality, the caste system, the dreamless hippie communities... all drunk on hasch/alcohol and Shiva... all over Asia each city has an India town (like China town) and this town is always the dirtiest and nastiest. I don't know why this is. Again all is based from experience, only. There are other areas of the world I would rather go to again: like Peru, Brunei, Borneo... etc etc.

Last edited by Awani; 08-28-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Well all cultures doesn't fit everyone, I don't like the food, the music, the language, the smell, the architecture, the philosophy... nothing.

My tastes is more towards the food, music, language, smell, architecture and philosophy of Peru and Persia. It is just what I prefer. Some like the Beatles, some the Rolling Stones.

I ain't got nothing against Auroville... I just don't want to go there myself

Last edited by Awani; 08-28-2011 at 01:09 PM.

That picture could have been taken in Pataya in Thailand

I guess thats just the way they are in the Asian townships.

Could you call it 'happy-go-lucky'?

Ghislain

P.S. I have to agree about the food...I nearly starved

Namaste /o\
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

I have been to mexico only. Love the place, the food and the people, hate the power structure. Anywhere you go you will have to deak\l with the people, the culture,the geography. Even alchemists will, especially alchemists. If they benefit their locality, the people will have warm regards, otherwise there will always be reprisals because it is human nature to fear what you do not understand.

BTW, I am a new age business person, with my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground. I am unmarried to any philosophy or religion or science. I am a humble lover of God. Maybe the trick is to see God in that gook of wires and architectural shambles. Your gonna have it just about anywhere you step out of the safety and comfort of first world surroundings.

Blog Entries
    Paris is great. Not cheap, but great. Count 2 600 000 euros for 175 m≤ in the center of Paris. But the flat is cool
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread