Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pipe smoking geniuses/tobacco

Hey LR, Paladin eh? reminds me of Aladin lol
    Have you ever heard of "Captain Black", my dad was telling me about it. seems expensive though... so are the pipes... i may wanna wait till have a source of income before i even think of attempting this.

Ive noticed some odd sensations when accidentally smelling the smoke of some calcinations, from roses to feathers (hehe animal alchemy...) - i dont wanna spin this off to incense but it may warrant a comparison...?

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Before Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

It is finished, and Im retired.

Blog Entries
    quote Albion:
    And, Solomon-Levi, you have me wondering what other plants would be good to try instead of, or in addition to, tobacco. Blends can sometimes provide a synergistic effect greater than the sum of the parts [like a good forum]. I'm not yet familiar with plants high on the spagyrics list -but I do have a list of plants high in Ormus [supposedly Holy Basil contains Ormus-form mercury, for example].

I make this blend myself - it's really good - I have people I work with always asking me to roll one for them.
    I found this product called "sativah - a potent blend of herbs to expand the consciousness". Ingredients: this blend may contain lettuce opium, mad dog weed, egyptian mugwort, passionflower, salvia divinorum, hops, strobiles, mixed chamomile, damiana, raspberry and spearmint for flavor.
    It sounds like a big deal, but it's really not that strong psychedelically speaking; but it tastes pretty good. Once I rolled a whole cigarette of just this and I felt it pretty good.
    So, I take as a base a mix of rich vanilla pipe tobacco and cherry or strawberry flavor Zen natural loose cigarette tobacco - somewhere between half and half or 1/3 pipe to 2/3 cigarette. Then I put about 1/4 sativah mix. Then i add some of my own lavender, some sage that I pick in eastern WA, some melissae and a few cloves for scent.
    It's a nice thick smoke, but soft. Like, I smoke little cigars sometimes and they
    will irritate my throat a little, but this never does. And it smells and tastes great. And i like rolling them - it's a more conscious act as opposed to popping a cigarette into your mouth when you have the thought.
    And it has just the right buzz.

I enjoy it.

So me too - always open to new plants to stick in my mix. The sage and lavender are real nice additions.

sol

Post #19 was mended and amended .

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    quote Albion:
    And, Solomon-Levi, you have me wondering what other plants would be good to try instead of, or in addition to, tobacco. Blends can sometimes provide a synergistic effect greater than the sum of the parts [like a good forum]. I'm not yet familiar with plants high on the spagyrics list -but I do have a list of plants high in Ormus [supposedly Holy Basil contains Ormus-form mercury, for example].

I make this blend myself - it's really good - I have people I work with always asking me to roll one for them.
    I found this product called "sativah - a potent blend of herbs to expand the consciousness". Ingredients: this blend may contain lettuce opium, mad dog weed, egyptian mugwort, passionflower, salvia divinorum, hops, strobiles, mixed chamomile, damiana, raspberry and spearmint for flavor.
    It sounds like a big deal, but it's really not that strong psychedelically speaking; but it tastes pretty good. Once I rolled a whole cigarette of just this and I felt it pretty good.
    So, I take as a base a mix of rich vanilla pipe tobacco and cherry or strawberry flavor Zen natural loose cigarette tobacco - somewhere between half and half or 1/3 pipe to 2/3 cigarette. Then I put about 1/4 sativah mix. Then i add some of my own lavender, some sage that I pick in eastern WA, some melissae and a few cloves for scent.
    Interesting. Your familiarity with herbs gives you a broad palette to work from.

Your post also reminds me of the folks at ACID cigar company http://www.acidcigarsonline.com/ who add a unique blend of essential oils to each of their cigar varieties. And one could always crumple these [or cigars made from organically grown tobacco] into a pipe bowl. But, ACID cigars aside, I'm considering the possibilities of adding essential oils [high in Ormus] either to tobacco or other herbs or to a vaporizor component/special attachment].

Coldfinger Herbal Extractors [ http://www.ethnobotanicals.com/herbal-extractors.html ]:

Dendritic Xylem wrote:
    The plants could be grown with m-state.
    Perhaps that would make the final product more 'philosophical'
    Yes, one could 'start from the beginning' as it were, cultivate herbs grown with Ormus additives, the smoke of which would pass through an Ormus &/or Alchemical solution, vortexing, merrily, as it travels along the way...
    Last edited by Albion; 06-20-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Alp valley = when you rolling spice it with snuff tobacco.

Blog Entries
    From the new 'Sherlock' UK mini-series:

Holmes: Impossible to sustain a smoking habit in London these days. Bad news for brainwork...
    Watson: It's good news for breathing.
    Holmes: Oh... Breathing's boring...

It's Elementary, my dear Dr. Whatstone, that, claims of certain New World Shaman that judicious employment of tobacco effectually "clears the lungs" notwithstanding, over-indulgence in said habit must, of a certainty, decrease the capacity of the great airiferous organs to process Air-Prana to some degree. As I am currently enjoying/enduring a transition into Inedia, I fear I must temporarily relinquish immediate satisfaction in the clear-headedness department for the sake of more exalted goals. However, if it is, according to the clues I've gathered, the MAOI-action of tobacco I've been experiencing - then a reasonable solution, not involving the aforementioned trade-off, can easily be arrived at through other modalities [And, no, confound it all Whatstone, I'm not referring to "The Seven-Per-Cent Solution!"].
    Last edited by Albion; 11-02-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    ...a reasonable solution, not involving the aforementioned trade-off, can easily be arrived at through other modalities.
    I am certain of that

Also, on the TV show, Cher-Lock conveniently manages himself with nicotine patches

As for the transition to Inedia, I would be glad to hear more about your experiences with the process.

Interestingly, although I am not practicing anything of the kind, I've noticed that lately my overall 'wordly' needs have been gradually diminishing, including the need for food...

Blog Entries
    Synchronistic - I thought of posting in this thread today too, after it has slept for some time.

I was thinking/seeing how if it is true that nitric oxide in tobacco assists in RNA/DNA replication,
    (which helps to make geniuses - replicating DNA of lofty thoughts) then this could also relate to
    nitre ingestion in alchemy, and nitre's relation to the stone and the fire of ingesting the stone
    (perhaps the fire is all the cells' DNA replicating to a new level at once; also Castaneda's "burning from the fire within").
    This is what i saw anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post

As for the transition to Inedia, I would be glad to hear more about your experiences with the process.

Interestingly, although I am not practicing anything of the kind, I've noticed that lately my overall 'wordly' needs have been gradually diminishing, including the need for food...

Well, I don't want to side-track the thread. And, as far as my personal experiences go, I should wait a few months before posting - although I'm not sure if it's even properly within the ambit of this forum.

Inedia entails progression into a state of mind where one simply no longer believes it necessary to consume protein/fats/carbohydrates to support physical life.

At the same time, one is also weaning oneself from the emotional-support-system of eating.

We eat out of habit, to fill time, to take breaks, to comfort ourselves, to get a blood-sugar rush. We eat yang food to balance the yin food we just ate. We eat to spur the system into motion because of the toxic overload bogging us down. We eat for the stimulating drug-effect that counters the energy blocking effect of the previous meals. We eat for the Ormus-content of foods yet, in so doing, consume a lot of dross along with it that has to be processed. We eat so as to taste/take in the vibrational spectrum of creation. We eat for the social context the meal provides. And we eat because we were trained to believe it necessary to do so. Everyone we ever met only reinforced this presupposition. A few people may stop to seriously question it. Fewer still consider the alternative as viable.

And, in saying all this, I'm not intending to imply that a state of Inedia makes one "more spiritual" - or something along those lines. It's just a particular skill one gains or masters through discipline and a measure of personal sacrifice. One either feels called to it or not. In some cases it "just happens" to an individual, be it gradually or rapidly, with little or no prior consideration of the matter.
    Last edited by Albion; 11-04-2010 at 02:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread