Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Plant Ash Precipitate

How did it turn out for you thefool? Were you able to compare it with something made the traditional way? Hmm it was an elixir as it is still liquid but with a high ratio of plant ash precipitate seraphim. Hmmm I made 2. One made with saturn plants and the other one with lavender. The saturn one tastes like sulfur Yuckkkkkkkk pewwww disgusting. But it strengthens my lower chackras for sure. I usually take the other one more often. Keep in mind these were my first spagyrics. Maybe I can purify it and make it into an essence where it'll no longer have that awful taste. Just thinking of it makes me wanna hurl.

Blog Entries

Mod Post

Tangential post moved HERE.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    How did it turn out for you thefool? Were you able to compare it with something made the traditional way?
    Unfortunatelly it was not something special, didn't notice something very different.

Blog Entries
    In the interest of getting back on the Alchemical horse (after taking a well needed break from its sufferings) I am going to complete a Tim Hogan Special.

Reshi mushroom will be the first Spagyric.

Steps are as follows:

1: Soak in Vodka for a few months (already done)
    2: Filter (done)
    3: Calcine biomass to grey
    4: Maybe calcine to white if I can be bothered putting it in the furnace for 30hrs
    5: Water leech the carbonates out
    6: The Caput Mortem is then dissolved in aqua regia.
    7: Using the leeched carbonates, the aqua regia is brought back to about 8.5pH. This will essentially combine the soluable and non soluable salts into a single ormus product
    8: After cleaning the ormus product, re-introduce it into the water-ethanol-tincture mix.
    9:Slowly evaporate to dryness.

Thats whats going down people, directly after i cure this hangover.

Godbless.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    In the interest of getting back on the Alchemical horse (after taking a well needed break from its sufferings) I am going to complete a Tim Hogan Special.

Reshi mushroom will be the first Spagyric.

Steps are as follows:

1: Soak in Vodka for a few months (already done)
    2: Filter (done)
    3: Calcine biomass to grey
    4: Maybe calcine to white if I can be bothered putting it in the furnace for 30hrs
    5: Water leech the carbonates out
    6: The Caput Mortem is then dissolved in aqua regia.
    7: Using the leeched carbonates, the aqua regia is brought back to about 8.5pH. This will essentially combine the soluable and non soluable salts into a single ormus product
    8: After cleaning the ormus product, re-introduce it into the water-ethanol-tincture mix.
    9:Slowly evaporate to dryness.

Thats whats going down people, directly after i cure this hangover.

Godbless.
    Is it a smart idea to add alkaline ashes to aqua regia? I don't know so I'm just asking. "Add the acid" is one of the few safety tips I recall from high-school chemistry.

Blog Entries
    To get back somewhere closer to the original OP (after reading this thread in its entirety), I'm fascinated with the acid approach to getting "stuff" out of the ashes. I've made a liquor of ashes and vinegar before to extract the acetic elements, which on their own can be very cool. Calcium and Sodium (if you prefer salt to plant ash) acetates have all sorts of curious properties. In school classes they are used to make pretty crystals and room-temperature icicles, respectively. They form chain reaction crystallization in super-saturated solutions.

I've also observed curious "salts" coming off in the vapors while reducing my potash mixes. I think EM and I discussed it on a thread here somewhere. I would hold a spoon over the heated solution, and when pulled free the vapor condensate would dry quickly, leaving a powdery residue. I can't recall exactly, but I think it made a slightly yellow tinted solution when redissolved in a tiny bit of water. When I think about this experiment, it reminds me that I need to find an alembic when I get some money coming in again, even if they are a bit pricey and hard to find. I think zero has also commented on evaporating the water off a solution of ashes with a distillation apparatus as well. That may have been in his book as well as one of the later processes.

These subtle salts are very mercurial and curious indeed. Would be nice to open a discussion about their effects and various methods of collection. Distillation seems the easiest route. Perhaps rather than using an acid to collect them alongside the usual acetates, the distillation method to capture them in the vapors would be a better bet. Perhaps the reason we struggle to find these volatile salts is that we are purifying first instead of dropping the ash immediately into solution and extracting our water the proper way. Possibly the alkaline pH is what makes them more volatile? Don't know, this paragraph is speculation.

If that idea about pH affecting volatility is correct, perchance, then circulation would make a fine method of isolating them from the distillate caught in the reciever. Further rotations would clean the remaining secret salts from the apparatus. Just thinking out loud.

+ Reply to Thread