Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: "Compass of the Wise" released!

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    I was under the impression it was meaning to merge the opposites of Sulphur/fire/spirit with Salt/earth/matter. (pointed out by the "compass") Just above it shows the fire with Sulphur, and water with Mercury, considering also the circle they are in, and how they are lined makes the symbol for salt too, and in some respect, squaring the circle, all in one. Balancing the 3 in the one. The Antimony would be the actual matter - and true to antimony's name "not alone" - consisting of the 3 in harmony by proper working from Below and Above into One.
    Interesting viewpoint...

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    There is a good deal in this particular pic... can anyone tell me what the writing up in the top left and top right corners means? I tried using a translator and it either has something to do with the 15th of May, or perhaps at the 5th hour of the morning in May - but thats just what i was coming up with.
    Writing on the top SCH(A)MAIIM is a word found in the Hebrew Bible describing the upper fiery waters of Moses as described in Genesis.The word SCH(A)MAIIM or Shamajim is composed of two Hebrew words Aesch+Majim meaning Fire (igneous God's spirit)+Water with which everything was created in the beginning.
    You can learn a great deal about Shamajim in the book Opus Mago from Georg von Welling.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=-Bo...page&q&f=false

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    The "j" and "B" on the pillars stumped me for a bit, until i thought the compass part makes a "O" and when i ran "j OB" in it translated it as "For the one". Interesting indeed...


    The letters J and B stands for the names of the two pillars Joachim and Boaz found at the entrance of the Solomons temple and built by the architect Hiram Abiff.
    http://symboldictionary.net/?p=2530
    Last edited by True Initiate; 11-17-2010 at 12:27 AM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,152
    Ah i see, Hebrew - i was translating it from a latin view point. lol

    Thanks for the info.


    ~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Before Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    272
    Hi

    Just a quick note: the SCH(A)MAIIM is not quite correct. The binding cut off the remainder of the text on the left which can be seen in the smaller version - AESCH (fire) on the left, MAYIM on the right.

    Incidentally, Mayim and Aesch both accurately reflect symbolically the nature of the two matters: Mem Yod Mem is Water, with the Yod/flame/spirit hidden within. Aesch, on the other hand, is just as expressive (think Cheth = fence, enclosure, etc).

    I think this picture makes a lot more sense when considered in relation to the first plate (which Salazius kindly provided at the beginning of this thread). But I'll take the time to provide some more thoughts at some later date.

    Its going to take me some time totranslate any of it :> reading Fraktur fonts is a PITA.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    128
    So, is there an English version available anywhere? It appears the AMORC version is not available. Am I incorrect in this? Any assistance on this one would be appreciated much.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93

    Naturweg

    The "Naturweg" manuscript (which is a brief but IMO complete summary of the compass) has now been translated into English and was published with LULU.

    http://www.lulu.com/shop/ich-a-true-...-20096407.html

    The German transcription floating around the alchemy places of the web is quite faulty, I provide a corrected version (about 200 errors corrected counting the smaller ones also) for d/l here:

    http://alchemie.m31.de/hermes-pdf.html

    -sam

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    Indeed, the creation of the Order corresponds with the popularity of High Masonic Degrees beyond the Blue Lodges, the lodges called "Reds".
    Royal Arch is known to be called "reds".
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by vega33 View Post
    the SCH(A)MAIIM is not quite correct. The binding cut off the remainder of the text on the left which can be seen in the smaller version - AESCH (fire) on the left, MAYIM on the right. Incidentally, Mayim and Aesch both accurately reflect symbolically the nature of the two matters: Mem Yod Mem is Water, with the Yod/flame/spirit hidden within. Aesch, on the other hand, is just as expressive (think Cheth = fence, enclosure, etc).
    Georg von Welling wrote in Opus Mago-cabbalisticum Et Theosophicum some very profound descriptions of mayim and aesch. I think what you mention in your posting is very important for us in our alchemical work.
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,080
    Mayim and Aesch also means water and fire, the two primary elements.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisztian View Post
    Georg von Welling wrote in Opus Mago-cabbalisticum Et Theosophicum some very profound descriptions of mayim and aesch. I think what you mention in your posting is very important for us in our alchemical work.
    Thanks Kristian, I've really enjoyed some of von Welling's work (his experiment with the production of a solar oil of sorts was quite an eye opener) and its exciting to know that I.C.H.'s Naturweg is now available in an English translation now!

    @TP: yes fire and water, or fiery-water and watery-fire is what the plate is referring to, that's why I was mentioning the yod in Mayim (water) as signifying that hidden fire within water, and the idea of Cheth as the fire enclosure or dwelling (the humid radical) spoken of in Pernety. Technically its not a literalistic etymology for the word, but then green language never is, its more about what it reveals by its light-and-shadow. Cheers.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by vega33 View Post
    Thanks Kristian, I've really enjoyed some of von Welling's work (his experiment with the production of a solar oil of sorts was quite an eye opener) and its exciting to know that I.C.H.'s Naturweg is now available in an English translation now!

    @TP: yes fire and water, or fiery-water and watery-fire is what the plate is referring to, that's why I was mentioning the yod in Mayim (water) as signifying that hidden fire within water, and the idea of Cheth as the fire enclosure or dwelling (the humid radical) spoken of in Pernety. Technically its not a literalistic etymology for the word, but then green language never is, its more about what it reveals by its light-and-shadow. Cheers.
    In my lab I have a good number of diagrams and alchemical illustrations printed out, placed on the far left wall, and my eye keeps seeing those two words "AESCH" and "MAYIM" as of late. I'm wondering whether I should look into this topic again? (I'm becoming more and more focussed on what my daily awareness is drawn to; I noticed how much it teaches, and how much I miss when I'm not sensetive or qucik to dismiss.)
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts