Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyliani

Blog Entries
    IMO, this lineage describes the work consisting in the interplay between 'Number One' and 'Number Two'.

Given what they are commonly associated with, 'No.1' and 'No.2' may be interpreted to particular domains, such as Urine (Golden Water/Shower) and Dung/Feces ('between two mountains', 'rejected by the builders', etc...)

But, the Universal (which is the root of the process described by this lineage) refers to the 'Dew of Heaven' as No.1 (neither readily available nor possible to 'manufacture') and to the 'Fatness of the Earth' as No.2.

The 'Dew of Heaven' becoming our 'Golden Water' or 'Philosophical Urine' is described by Urbigerus as "Diana's undetermined Tears, when Apollo has appeared". This is marked by the change in color.

As for 'Number Two': From my perspective so far, and also (IMO) in line with Urbigerus, it is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by teofrast40 View Post
    John Palmer, alias Zadkiel the alchemist (1807-1837) [.............] "in a mine of thirty years standing"

Last edited by Andro; 02-25-2011 at 04:02 PM.

hi androgynus,
    thank for your commentary.
    you mean that palmer when writing this line was making a profetic affirmation on the age of his death? a quite ardite hypotesis, but who knows.
    as when he wrote this he was younger than 30. i desume this from the fact that Godwin says that he became successor of raphael in the edition of the familiar astrologer after his death, while this work of palmer has a prefaction from raphael in person.
    with humility
    t

Blog Entries
    You mean that Palmer when writing this line was making a profetic affirmation on the age of his death?
    No, I don't think he was making a prophetic affirmation. It's just that things can turn ironic sometimes...

But, like you said... Who knows?

'Mine of 30 years standing' remains (for me) open to interpretation...

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post

'Mine of 30 years standing' remains (for me) open to interpretation...
    same thing down here..
    at the moment, I dare two hypotesis:
    1) mine of 30 years standing (by itself), something like an abandoned mine
    2) mine of 30 years standing (on his feets), an adult human being, this could resonate with the hints on der warer alter naturweg about the animal source of (one of) the subject(s) of the work..

just opinions..

cheers
    t

the matter has to be dug in the earth from a hole at a man's leg depth (where else did I read that??), not so far from the clay of les recreations.
    and the magnet has often the form of a cross, and must be looked for in "in a mine of thirty years standing" (any hypotesis of explaination of this would be much appreciated).
    for your pleasure (comments are very welcome).
    In my humble opinion, what he is saying seems to be quite straighforward - that the magnet is of the same genus as what can be found in a hole dug to the depth of a man's leg, but that more specifically, it can be found in the same type of form, but in a mine that has been used for at least 30 years. I don't think that anybody has ever revealed it more openly than that.

hi Illen,
    so for you the magnet would be clay taken from a "fertile" mine?
    I must confess I didn't think about this interpretation..
    and what about the cross shape then?
    cheers
    t

hi Illen,
    so for you the magnet would be clay taken from a "fertile" mine?
    cheers
    t
    Not exactly. Remember that the substance below the surface only 'represents' in a hermetic way what is in the mine. As for the cross, remember also that there are two different meanings for the word "cross" (for example, what symbol do you use when you "cross" out a letter in a handwritten text?). Read in Dwellings what Fulcanelli has to say about the Greek cross (Khi). Also, look up the symbol for the 'active principle'.

hi Illen,
    your reference to Fulcanelli (whose saying on the letter chi I remember well) make me think that you suggest the matter to be the one that shares its symbol with the earth. if by this you mean vulgar stibium, I must humbly desagree. the references of the Scholia, whose relation with this text is undeniable, to clay and particularly to its colours, make me reject the aforesaid subject. of course this is just an human opinion, not being supported by the light of nature. if I misunderstood you, please excuse me.
    with humility
    t

Blog Entries
    So for you the magnet would be clay taken from a "fertile" mine?
    Even in this kind of particular mine, the cross is present. Just look carefully. It is that mysterious 'Ram's Bone', clearly marked by something closely resembling a sort of cross.

A mine that has been used for at least 30 years.
    Which could be in agreement with the accepted age when the possibility of attaining philosophical wisdom becomes more accessible (after 40).

Also, look up the symbol for the 'active principle'.
    This would likely be the symbol of Sulfur - a triangle connected to a cross. But maybe you mean something else...

hi Illen,
    your reference to Fulcanelli (whose saying on the letter chi I remember well) make me think that you suggest the matter to be the one that shares its symbol with the earth. if by this you mean vulgar stibium, I must humbly desagree. the references of the Scholia, whose relation with this text is undeniable, to clay and particularly to its colours, make me reject the aforesaid subject. of course this is just an human opinion, not being supported by the light of nature. if I misunderstood you, please excuse me.
    with humility
    t
    Hi "t",

By no means did I mean to suggest that stibium was to be used. Many modern alchemists do indeed promote (or hint at) the use of stibnite, but based on my research, stibnite/antimony is only used as a hermetic label for something else which has some similar "philosophical" properties. I am totally convinced that stibnite/antimony is NOT used in the process that leads to the Stone. Fulcanelli even spends 2 or 3 pages in his Dwellings, stressing this point. I have even expressed this view in another message that I recently wrote in the Practical Alchemy thread. I'm quite familiar with the "Hermetic Recreations Followed by Scholium" treatise and have high regard for it. It does indeed suggest the use of clay, but I think that we were discussing the other paper "The Philosophers Stone", which also hints at a type of clay.

+ Reply to Thread