Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 126

Thread: A Modern Sexual Alchemy

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
    Posts
    531
    Hi Solomon,

    So let's continue this idea of shape and structure. Remember the Sufi story of the blind men and the elephant; each of them thought that they were examining something different because they were each only aware of a tiny part of a larger thing. From examining one square foot of sand with no other information one can't tell if it is in a sandbox in the middle of a big city or a tiny section of beach along the shore half a world away. Also, I'm not telling this based on regurgitating statements from other people. I am telling it based on my own many experiences and memories put together over at least this lifetime plus the experiences gained by having taught half a dozen people mostly each over a period of years and even decades. On top of that I am a systems analyst which flavors everything.

    At one stage of alchemy it might be described similarly to Excel min function. Firast one starts off with one's self at the stage of "One". This could be viewed as a single cell in the spreadsheet. Then this cell is replicated across the width. As the formula is adjusted in each cell, each cell is a little different from each of the others. Then one goes through the process of incorporating (integrating?) this row across with all it's variations. When this is done then one "rotates" and replicates this entire row down, again eqach cell changing slightly. Again one integrates all that. Then it is done again and again, replicating into a new dimension each time. After a certain number of these operationsa completeness is reached and suddenly one is once again "ONE" but this time larger. This new form of "ONE" as an object, now goes through the entire growth process again.

    The process of integrating is a process of purification, of fitting all the pieces together without inducing distortions. Each purification and integration expands the size of knowledge/understanding/KNOWING. Enlightenment grows step by step. however, each step is a quantum step. There is no in between. It is "X" or it is "X+1". When one reforms it is an entirety, Real changes happen, suddenly and immediately.


    The "speeding up" thing... time. You lose me there. I mean I can follow you; I see what you're saying. But as long as we are speaking of/from the field of separation, there's no difference between faster and slower evolution. The separation is not a linear one on the same plane, but rather a quantum leap or dimensional shift. A slowly evolving person could "arrive" before a quickly evolving person.

    I am not saying anything that hasn't been well discussed with my jnana Yogi friend. With him it was a matter of mapping the ideas as expressed in the variant of English I speak with science and computerese added in to the Sanscrit terminology he learned. And as we were both very experienced we were both speaking with actual experience which also mapped to the language we used. To the outsider it would certainly sound like some kind of really weird jargon. It did work well enough that we were able to discuss and understand what each said.

    So what we generally think of as our "self" exists in space-time and the local meta-space-time containing it. As the energy "structure" that is our base class sits outside of space-time what we do to our present instance of our base class doesn't affect our base class until we do a "writeback", or a "save" or a "backup" or whatever you want to call it. The system is always the "live system", there is no off line development. Our present instance is the development system and as soon as it is written back to the base class all instances of this class, no matter where or when they appear to be in space-time are affected. It is like when you have a directory being viewed in Windows Explorer and you do a save on a file from WORD. As soon as that save is made your directory view is updated to show the current file size, status and update size and time/date stamp. Each additional instance of that WORD file that you then bring up is the changed file, not the previous form which may have been saved as a backup, or not. In this meta-space-time each time your base class is modified via a writeback, each instancing of that base class is changed even if it appears to be 20 years earlier in your life than you made the changes. It is a one to many relationship since each instancing in our lifetime points to the same eternal base class. One of the "rules for claiming something new" is that the new metaphysics must be compatible with the old. So the revised class being instanced earlier in your life doesn't change the experience then. It means that when looked back upon from now that the changes we can NOW see were always there but hidden in what appeared as noise art the time.

    So these characteristics of space-time can be confusing since time isn't what it seems. As the creature in the blue room said "TIME IS THE SIMPLEST THING THERE IS". (Clifford Simak). Object oriented language makes speaking of these things simpler since it has dealt with the idea of asynchronous changes. All of ones experiences that take place in space-time or meta-space-time all take place in the same cosmic instant so the whole idea of sooner or later or before and after as relating to sometime done in space-time and how it relates to the eternal instant can't really even be asked. One doesn't "arrive" anywhere. One "becomes" something different in an instant. Most never notice such changes and if they do, it's only immediately when something happens and it is as quickly forgotten.

    Evolution of this kind isn't a race. As one has as long an apparaent duration of space-time as is needed to evolve to the extent one is able it is entirely misleading to speak of it as slower of faster. Right now in this apparent pseudo instant, and all others, each of us is as evolved as we ever get in all eternity. None the less next year or the year after in this space-time we may each perveive our self be more evolved than we perceive what we are at this pseudo instant. In the eternal instant our most evolved self is already there jusrt waiting for us to become aware of it. However our self in this instance of our base class and earlier instances doesn't have the purity and complexity to decode our more evolved self so the things that are ahead of what we currently can perceive is just meaningless noise. As one removes the blocks, removes the distortions, removes the fantasies and fears and includes more dimensional information we become able to decode the multi-dimensional fractal and thereby realize the evolution.

    So when one takes on the work of removing the impediments to being enlightened and using that to direct evolution the whole schema speeds up. There is the appearance that growth is by a proportionate amount. When one is just learning to ski a 45 degree slope with 5 feet of fresh powder entered by jumping off a cornice is suicide. When one is an expert skier in those conditions it is great fun.

    Preparation for evolution happens as fast as a person can stand. For somebody in this for a long time and who is thoroughly evolved the steps might seem overwhelmingly large for a person just starting out whereas such steps might be too small to even see by somebody vastly further along.

    One thing that most folks seem confused by is that most of these things are quite impossible until they happen, then when they happen they have ALWAYS been that way.

    There is an Alchemical equivalent (and time traveler equivalent) of Fermi's Paradox (you know, if intelligent life isn't unique and star travel is possible, so where are they all?). If Alchemy in one form or another actually works where are the successful Alchemists? If even one person has ever succeeded at this quest, where are they? Perhaps the problem is one of recognition. How would you recognize a sucessful Alchemist?

    Let's make it simpler. How would you recognize an enlightened person standing in front of you or passing you on the street? Or maybe the more fundamental question is "How do you recognize an AWAKENED person standing in front of you?" Is the answer "It takes one to know one"?

    To be continued...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    Is the answer "It takes one to know one"?
    Yes.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
    Posts
    531

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Yes.
    Hi Androgynus,

    Are you a turtle?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    Hi Androgynus,

    Are you a turtle?
    Maybe I am a turtle. But if one is not able to look and see beyond form, they won't be able to tell if I am an 'awakened' turtle or not, unless they are 'awakened' as well.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
    Posts
    531
    Hi Solomon,

    So we continue:

    Because it's, say, a vertical leap having nothing to do with horizontal velocity.
    I guess we also have to define what is being evolved. If one is evolving the mind/ego - "I know more now than I knew then" -then this is illusion: what appears to be evolution is merely moving from one corner of the box to another.
    ...
    ... I don't see such illusions existing when the mind ceases to exist.

    I think we have a fundamental misunderstanding about both evolution and alchemy. Evolution is voluntary. Nobody has to do it. Alchemy is a method for evolving. I know nothing about "mind" ceasing to exist. That which is conscious of being conscious exists. It exists eternally conscious of being conscious.. The Yogis speak of the eternal in-fall into the Absolute. They say nothing at all of not being conscious. Have you ever watched a mind ceasing to exist? Perhaps if you define the mind as unconscious ego, completely separately from the consciousness and structured energy that makes up our "soul", our very being, or whatever you want to call that, you could have something that just disappears. Or maybe you are speaking of the embryonic spark that has the chance to grow into an eternal consciousness though it doesn't appear to always do so and many don't... Obviously that of which you speak is not that which evolves and persists eternally if it can just disappear, so that is not of which I speak. It's just an illusionary intellectual straw-man, or somethoing, but not that of which I speak..

    There is the mythology, but I meant to address the reality of a "tempting" force. Aren't we compelled to do that which is denied us, what is forbidden, even if not simply to prove that we are greater than rules and laws.

    I know of nothing that is denied or forbidden. Suicide might come close but is really just a real bad idea rather than forbidden as such. Haven't you ever done something that you wanted to do despite knowing it was a bad idea and that it would cost you and you did it anyway? The "cost" is part of the rules. . "I", meaning this consciousness at this time apparantly animatimg this body is not compelled to do anything though eating, drinking, breathing and defecating all come damn close to being required. What is actually against the rules that you feel compelled to act against?

    even if not simply to prove that we are greater than rules and laws.

    That might be a reasonable thing to do, going through a red light in the dead of night without a car in sight, after stopping and waiting for 5 minutes for a broken light to work, demonstrating that we are not machines without consciousness. There are a lot of hearsay "laws and rules" that all sorts of authoritarian folks have tried to impose upon the flocks being fleeced complete with highly imaginative ridiculous retributions for violating their made up rules, but let's get real. It probably isn't even possible to think anything that actually violates "real" rules of the system. Show me how to violoate the laws of gravity, motion, thermodynamics, speed of light and so forth. The real laws of the real system are no more violable. And if you can make anti-gravity and FTL work then anti-gravity and FTL fits into the rules. Man made rules might inspire men to torture or murder others of whom they don't approve, but that is merely man made mythology. The better one learns and cooperates with the real system rules via alchemy the more successful the alchemist is.at alchemy. The rules of the system inspire one towards evolution. The system needs that evolution. All the rules that impede evolution are man made.

    The unprepared may achieve it before the well-prepared.

    Perhaps, but I have never seen that. It is rare enough for the well prepared. And in this I don't mean the "let's play pretend" prepared of which there are all too many.. In any case the unprepared are unprepared for living in that level of knowledge and energy and find it an absolutely hellish unbearable insanity and try urgently to go back to sleep before the influx of divine knowledge destroys them. That's why it takes place in a a progression form easy little steps for muddy little feet right on to the full functioning of the system. This is one system that absolutely can't be scammed. In the book INDECENT PRACTICES - Making Sense of Tantra. JR Haule states that perhaps 1% of those claiming to be teachers of Tantra are genuine. So the other 99% are simply fooling their clients if their clients think they are actually being prepared for tantric alchemy. On the other hand if they think that they are only there to learn about sex and maybe a little Kundalini and expect nothing more then perhaps they are not being mislead.

    I don't see such illusions existing when the mind ceases to exist. One doesn't perceive 'here' and 'there' or 'this' and 'other'. Thus it is called non-duality.Thus it is called non-duality. Are you saying there is more beyond non-duality? Or are you describing a pre- non-dual state? It appears pre- non-dual to me. Who would be there to think about getting out of an incubator?

    I have no idea what you mean by "pre non-dual". IN the non-dual one doesn't perceive of God as being separate and outside of man. In non-dual one perceifves one's highest identity as being God. We are not separate from God. The world is not separate from God. Instead we are all part and parcel of the one and same and whole. Perhaps God is doing the equivalent of twiddling it's metaphorical thumbs in considering humans but is aware of having a huge number of such metaphorical thumbs. Some would say that the physical is the mind of God. Distinctions can still be seen and made but they are different distinctions than a dualist would make.

    Who would be there to think about getting out of an incubator?

    Every being (not body) who makes it to that level and completeness of consciousness would want to get out of the incubator once they have the size of consciousness, Chi etc that makes a consciousness able to be self-existent within the full system and become aware that they are in an incubator to begin with.

    Not everyone rebels; but I wouldn't say the conformists are the spearhead of evolution. Cain and Satan/Lucifer are archetypal rebels.

    There is absolutely nothing to rebel against. Evolution isn't really a rebellion against itself.. Evolution comes from those willing to fill in blank spots or change understanding based on a broader viewpoint.or expand past the edge of the world. Rebelling against one's self doesn't really make sense.

    And just to clarify the Shiva - Shakti - Brahma situation alchemically speaking

    Brahma is the composite of Shiva and Shakti
    Shiva = Purus'a, Cosmic Consciousness, literally "in whom all things lie";
    Shakti = Prakrti, Cosmic Operative Principle, literally "ability to create something";
    a'tmakam' = composite of;
    Brahma = Supreme Entity (from brhat, meaning "great")
    Brahma is the composite of Shiva and Shakti.
    http://ways-ahead.net/meditation/041...d%20Shakti.pdf

    This is the basic concept of A'nanda Ma'rga philosophy -- that the Supreme Entity is One but has two aspects: the Cognitive Principle and the Operative Principle, Shiva and Shakti. It is impossible to conceive of one entity without the other; Consciousness and Its Energy of creation are as inseparable as fire and its heat, as milk and its whiteness, as two sides of a piece of paper. This concept has often been depicted symbolically in the image of a hermaphrodite (man and woman in the same body), or in Indian sculpture as two lovers locked in a tight embrace. In this su'tra the term "a'tmakam'" has been used to express the relationship: Brahma is the composite of, the combined name of, Consciousness and the Operative Principle. Brahma is not a third entity

    The ancient scriptures proclaim, "There is nothing whatever that is not divine... to know all as illusion is ignorance, to know all as Consciousness is knowledge." Thus the spiritual aspirant does not bemoan the transitoriness of the world; to him, change itself reveals the Spirit that inspires the changing forms.

    Our mental plates, our minds, are like mirrors which reflects physical waves, giving us the physical sense of existence. The only reason we perceive anything is that the crude waves of external physicality are "telepathized" (telepathy = to act over a distance) on our mental plates. But both physical and mental waves are reflected on a still subtler "mirror", the Soul or A'tman -- the pure Consciousness of infinite
    wavelength. The existence of a unit entity is the reflection of its vibrations on this pure, mirror-like Soul-plate. The Soul reflects everything; it is the base, the ground of existence. Nothing can exists without being reflected off this mirror. This is the fundamental idea of yoga, that at the base of every unit entity is the Soul, one and the same for every entity in the Universe. The unit soul, jiiva'tman, and the Cosmic Soul, Parama'tman, are One. Thus when an entity realized its own soul it becomes omniscient, omnipresent, like the Supreme Soul, like the Supreme Consciousness -- it knows everything; it can see everything that is happening everywhere in the universe because everything is being "reflected"


    In Alchemical union then, the male and female, combine in the Shiva/Shakti union archetype and make something else entirely.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Maybe I am a turtle. But if one is not able to look and see beyond form, they won't be able to tell if I am an 'awakened' turtle or not, unless they are 'awakened' as well.
    Hi Androgynus,

    I agreed with your answer of "Yes" 100%. The turtle question was simply a joke by way of agreement that fell flat. My apologies..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    The turtle question was simply a joke by way of agreement that fell flat.
    Or maybe my perception of it fell sharp

    Either way, thanks for a good exercise in communication

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    4,568
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    Hi Solomon,

    So let's continue this idea of shape and structure. Remember the Sufi story of the blind men and the elephant; each of them thought that they were examining something different because they were each only aware of a tiny part of a larger thing. From examining one square foot of sand with no other information one can't tell if it is in a sandbox in the middle of a big city or a tiny section of beach along the shore half a world away. Also, I'm not telling this based on regurgitating statements from other people. I am telling it based on my own many experiences and memories put together over at least this lifetime plus the experiences gained by having taught half a dozen people mostly each over a period of years and even decades. On top of that I am a systems analyst which flavors everything.

    At one stage of alchemy it might be described similarly to Excel min function. Firast one starts off with one's self at the stage of "One". This could be viewed as a single cell in the spreadsheet. Then this cell is replicated across the width. As the formula is adjusted in each cell, each cell is a little different from each of the others. Then one goes through the process of incorporating (integrating?) this row across with all it's variations. When this is done then one "rotates" and replicates this entire row down, again eqach cell changing slightly. Again one integrates all that. Then it is done again and again, replicating into a new dimension each time. After a certain number of these operationsa completeness is reached and suddenly one is once again "ONE" but this time larger. This new form of "ONE" as an object, now goes through the entire growth process again.

    The process of integrating is a process of purification, of fitting all the pieces together without inducing distortions. Each purification and integration expands the size of knowledge/understanding/KNOWING. Enlightenment grows step by step. however, each step is a quantum step. There is no in between. It is "X" or it is "X+1". When one reforms it is an entirety, Real changes happen, suddenly and immediately.


    The "speeding up" thing... time. You lose me there. I mean I can follow you; I see what you're saying. But as long as we are speaking of/from the field of separation, there's no difference between faster and slower evolution. The separation is not a linear one on the same plane, but rather a quantum leap or dimensional shift. A slowly evolving person could "arrive" before a quickly evolving person.

    I am not saying anything that hasn't been well discussed with my jnana Yogi friend. With him it was a matter of mapping the ideas as expressed in the variant of English I speak with science and computerese added in to the Sanscrit terminology he learned. And as we were both very experienced we were both speaking with actual experience which also mapped to the language we used. To the outsider it would certainly sound like some kind of really weird jargon. It did work well enough that we were able to discuss and understand what each said.

    So what we generally think of as our "self" exists in space-time and the local meta-space-time containing it. As the energy "structure" that is our base class sits outside of space-time what we do to our present instance of our base class doesn't affect our base class until we do a "writeback", or a "save" or a "backup" or whatever you want to call it. The system is always the "live system", there is no off line development. Our present instance is the development system and as soon as it is written back to the base class all instances of this class, no matter where or when they appear to be in space-time are affected. It is like when you have a directory being viewed in Windows Explorer and you do a save on a file from WORD. As soon as that save is made your directory view is updated to show the current file size, status and update size and time/date stamp. Each additional instance of that WORD file that you then bring up is the changed file, not the previous form which may have been saved as a backup, or not. In this meta-space-time each time your base class is modified via a writeback, each instancing of that base class is changed even if it appears to be 20 years earlier in your life than you made the changes. It is a one to many relationship since each instancing in our lifetime points to the same eternal base class. One of the "rules for claiming something new" is that the new metaphysics must be compatible with the old. So the revised class being instanced earlier in your life doesn't change the experience then. It means that when looked back upon from now that the changes we can NOW see were always there but hidden in what appeared as noise art the time.

    So these characteristics of space-time can be confusing since time isn't what it seems. As the creature in the blue room said "TIME IS THE SIMPLEST THING THERE IS". (Clifford Simak). Object oriented language makes speaking of these things simpler since it has dealt with the idea of asynchronous changes. All of ones experiences that take place in space-time or meta-space-time all take place in the same cosmic instant so the whole idea of sooner or later or before and after as relating to sometime done in space-time and how it relates to the eternal instant can't really even be asked. One doesn't "arrive" anywhere. One "becomes" something different in an instant. Most never notice such changes and if they do, it's only immediately when something happens and it is as quickly forgotten.

    Evolution of this kind isn't a race. As one has as long an apparaent duration of space-time as is needed to evolve to the extent one is able it is entirely misleading to speak of it as slower of faster. Right now in this apparent pseudo instant, and all others, each of us is as evolved as we ever get in all eternity. None the less next year or the year after in this space-time we may each perveive our self be more evolved than we perceive what we are at this pseudo instant. In the eternal instant our most evolved self is already there jusrt waiting for us to become aware of it. However our self in this instance of our base class and earlier instances doesn't have the purity and complexity to decode our more evolved self so the things that are ahead of what we currently can perceive is just meaningless noise. As one removes the blocks, removes the distortions, removes the fantasies and fears and includes more dimensional information we become able to decode the multi-dimensional fractal and thereby realize the evolution.

    So when one takes on the work of removing the impediments to being enlightened and using that to direct evolution the whole schema speeds up. There is the appearance that growth is by a proportionate amount. When one is just learning to ski a 45 degree slope with 5 feet of fresh powder entered by jumping off a cornice is suicide. When one is an expert skier in those conditions it is great fun.

    Preparation for evolution happens as fast as a person can stand. For somebody in this for a long time and who is thoroughly evolved the steps might seem overwhelmingly large for a person just starting out whereas such steps might be too small to even see by somebody vastly further along.

    One thing that most folks seem confused by is that most of these things are quite impossible until they happen, then when they happen they have ALWAYS been that way.

    There is an Alchemical equivalent (and time traveler equivalent) of Fermi's Paradox (you know, if intelligent life isn't unique and star travel is possible, so where are they all?). If Alchemy in one form or another actually works where are the successful Alchemists? If even one person has ever succeeded at this quest, where are they? Perhaps the problem is one of recognition. How would you recognize a sucessful Alchemist?

    Let's make it simpler. How would you recognize an enlightened person standing in front of you or passing you on the street? Or maybe the more fundamental question is "How do you recognize an AWAKENED person standing in front of you?" Is the answer "It takes one to know one"?

    To be continued...

    This is a beautiful post. I am in complete agreement with this paradoxical explanation of time.
    That is my experience also.
    I've witnessed (and am now witnessing) several speeds or levels of time simultaneously.
    While I don't have a computer language background, I do have a green language background,
    and I have THE background, and I completely understand and agree with the view of "base class"
    (I call it a foundation) and "writebacks", etc. For me one of the nearest examples we can relate to is
    how often people want something, a particular reality, and get frustrated in not getting it because they
    haven't seen and changed their true intent which is often subconscious - especially the intent of separation and time
    (which is another level/foundation of intent as well).
    I was also watching these fractal loops of time/reality today and witnessing myself casting dreams into the future/higher frequencies;
    I saw it as picking up anchors that have been grounded to this dream/reality and casting them into another dream.
    Then I simultaneously saw the future dream pulling in this dream/anchor like a kite on a string as if it was a memory/the past.
    So I was watching three foundations at once, or three positions (maybe two foundations with the kite being a 'bridge'.)
    So I witnessed the change in the direction of time, and also witnessed the flow of time from outside of it as a third person.
    So i get what you're saying.

    Yes, it takes one to know one.
    The Jnani sees everyone as Jnanis, and the ajnani sees everyone as ajnanis.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    4,568
    Blog Entries
    4
    My replies will be in brown/russet this time within the quote.
    Hmmm. My color didn't work and i don't really want to go through and change it all,
    so you can find me in the parenthesis [COLOR="rgb.....

    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    Hi Solomon,

    So we continue:

    Because it's, say, a vertical leap having nothing to do with horizontal velocity.
    I guess we also have to define what is being evolved. If one is evolving the mind/ego - "I know more now than I knew then" -then this is illusion: what appears to be evolution is merely moving from one corner of the box to another.
    ...
    ... I don't see such illusions existing when the mind ceases to exist.

    I think we have a fundamental misunderstanding about both evolution and alchemy. Evolution is voluntary. Nobody has to do it. Alchemy is a method for evolving.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Yes, I think this means different things to us. I can see how what you are saying is true, but mostly i don't see it that way.
    But there are different definitions of voluntary. That which the egoic mind/"separate self" can volunteer for will not evolve it as it will be the past/known.
    In that sense, evolution must come as a "blow to the head", something unexpected and jolting - evolution clobbers one, (Shiva the destroyer).
    But if you equate will (voluntas) with something beyond the egoic mind, then it cannot be "my" will anymore, though we can identify with this will as
    being one with the will of God, or the Holy Guardian Angel, or some such lingo which points to/describes a larger picture of the self. In this level of
    connectedness, one can't distinguish between personal will and submission to the whole, or a greater part of the whole (being an instrument). [/COLOR]


    I know nothing about "mind" ceasing to exist. That which is conscious of being conscious exists. It exists eternally conscious of being conscious.. The Yogis speak of the eternal in-fall into the Absolute. They say nothing at all of not being conscious. Have you ever watched a mind ceasing to exist? Perhaps if you define the mind as unconscious ego, completely separately from the consciousness and structured energy that makes up our "soul", our very being, or whatever you want to call that, you could have something that just disappears. Or maybe you are speaking of the embryonic spark that has the chance to grow into an eternal consciousness though it doesn't appear to always do so and many don't... Obviously that of which you speak is not that which evolves and persists eternally if it can just disappear, so that is not of which I speak. It's just an illusionary intellectual straw-man, or somethoing, but not that of which I speak..

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Yes, it was the ego mind or separate self that I use the term 'mind' for - that which thinks. This is different than the so-called hermetic axiom
    that "All is mind". Yes, I think the only disagreement is in word choice/definition. There is always only that which is conscious of existing. Ok.[/COLOR]


    There is the mythology, but I meant to address the reality of a "tempting" force. Aren't we compelled to do that which is denied us, what is forbidden, even if not simply to prove that we are greater than rules and laws.

    I know of nothing that is denied or forbidden. Suicide might come close but is really just a real bad idea rather than forbidden as such. Haven't you ever done something that you wanted to do despite knowing it was a bad idea and that it would cost you and you did it anyway? The "cost" is part of the rules. . "I", meaning this consciousness at this time apparantly animatimg this body is not compelled to do anything though eating, drinking, breathing and defecating all come damn close to being required. What is actually against the rules that you feel compelled to act against?

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Well, as i went through a stage of shining light on my shadow, I felt compelled to act against everyone!
    Anyone saying I "should" do this or "shouldn't" do that... anyone judging me or thinking they know me better than I know myself.
    Anyone claiming to be authority for me. Anyone thinking they can describe reality for me as if I don't have eyes open.
    I'm not in that phase anymore, not the majority of me or my gravitational center or whatever, though I do/can still taste/visit it as the forum
    observed a short time ago with my dispute with Leo Retilus when he tried to claim responsibility for my visions and experiences.
    Another thing which I have seen directly and qualifies for "forbidden" is to look past "the veil of Isis", or to taste of the "tree of knowledge" guarded
    by a "flaming sword". But lately when i see that place I've had a different perspective and it is I telling others why it is forbidden instead of others telling me,
    and I am becoming more familiar/comfortable with "dying" from eating this fruit.
    I'm sure you understand what I mean, and I also agree with you - there is nothing forbidden.[/COLOR]


    even if not simply to prove that we are greater than rules and laws.

    That might be a reasonable thing to do, going through a red light in the dead of night without a car in sight, after stopping and waiting for 5 minutes for a broken light to work, demonstrating that we are not machines without consciousness. There are a lot of hearsay "laws and rules" that all sorts of authoritarian folks have tried to impose upon the flocks being fleeced complete with highly imaginative ridiculous retributions for violating their made up rules, but let's get real. It probably isn't even possible to think anything that actually violates "real" rules of the system. Show me how to violoate the laws of gravity, motion, thermodynamics, speed of light and so forth. The real laws of the real system are no more violable. And if you can make anti-gravity and FTL work then anti-gravity and FTL fits into the rules. Man made rules might inspire men to torture or murder others of whom they don't approve, but that is merely man made mythology. The better one learns and cooperates with the real system rules via alchemy the more successful the alchemist is.at alchemy. The rules of the system inspire one towards evolution. The system needs that evolution. All the rules that impede evolution are man made.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Yes, I agree. And also gravity, speed of light, these can be broken because of greater "laws", like quantum mechanics is a larger picture than Newtonian physics.[/COLOR]


    The unprepared may achieve it before the well-prepared.

    Perhaps, but I have never seen that. It is rare enough for the well prepared. And in this I don't mean the "let's play pretend" prepared of which there are all too many.. In any case the unprepared are unprepared for living in that level of knowledge and energy and find it an absolutely hellish unbearable insanity and try urgently to go back to sleep before the influx of divine knowledge destroys them. That's why it takes place in a a progression form easy little steps for muddy little feet right on to the full functioning of the system. This is one system that absolutely can't be scammed. In the book INDECENT PRACTICES - Making Sense of Tantra. JR Haule states that perhaps 1% of those claiming to be teachers of Tantra are genuine. So the other 99% are simply fooling their clients if their clients think they are actually being prepared for tantric alchemy. On the other hand if they think that they are only there to learn about sex and maybe a little Kundalini and expect nothing more then perhaps they are not being mislead.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]An example, at one level of the fractal, and thus replicable in all levels, is a documentary film I just watched yesterday:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSgEILVD0BI
    So there are people who wish to see what he sees and make efforts towards it and don't necessarily succeed, and here's Jonas making
    no effort just "woke up one day and..."
    [/COLOR]

    I don't see such illusions existing when the mind ceases to exist. One doesn't perceive 'here' and 'there' or 'this' and 'other'. Thus it is called non-duality.Thus it is called non-duality. Are you saying there is more beyond non-duality? Or are you describing a pre- non-dual state? It appears pre- non-dual to me. Who would be there to think about getting out of an incubator?

    I have no idea what you mean by "pre non-dual".
    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Yes, that was a really poor choice of words that don't really say anything. [/COLOR]

    IN the non-dual one doesn't perceive of God as being separate and outside of man. In non-dual one perceifves one's highest identity as being God. We are not separate from God. The world is not separate from God. Instead we are all part and parcel of the one and same and whole. Perhaps God is doing the equivalent of twiddling it's metaphorical thumbs in considering humans but is aware of having a huge number of such metaphorical thumbs. Some would say that the physical is the mind of God. Distinctions can still be seen and made but they are different distinctions than a dualist would make.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Yes, pre non-dual refers to the appearance of reality before one realizes its non-dual nature. [/COLOR]

    Who would be there to think about getting out of an incubator?

    Every being (not body) who makes it to that level and completeness of consciousness would want to get out of the incubator once they have the size of consciousness, Chi etc that makes a consciousness able to be self-existent within the full system and become aware that they are in an incubator to begin with.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]I guess it seems like a person who realized a universe beyond the incubator would have to re-imagine being in the incubator.
    But I won't argue that often it seems we have to work to 'fix' a new realization. Perhaps it's a choice that is not a choice at all. [/COLOR]


    Not everyone rebels; but I wouldn't say the conformists are the spearhead of evolution. Cain and Satan/Lucifer are archetypal rebels.

    There is absolutely nothing to rebel against. Evolution isn't really a rebellion against itself.. Evolution comes from those willing to fill in blank spots or change understanding based on a broader viewpoint.or expand past the edge of the world. Rebelling against one's self doesn't really make sense.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Yes, that's true. I guess it's just a matter of perspective. I see I'm preferring a Kabbalistic interpretation where there
    must be a "B", BITh, dwelling/container to resist the expansive nature of the Light in order to have realities, to make nirvikalpa prakriti into vikalpa prakriti.
    I'm also observing my own experiences where the greater the picture i see the more the little "I" is challenged.
    In the Bible, "God" sends "Moses" to "Pharoah" and tells him straight out: "I will harden Pharoah's heart (against you)."
    If we don't take this as a lesson in ordinary (poor word) human history, but as a history of the involution and evolution of energy or "the thing conscious of itself",
    we interpret it that the evolving force is catalysed by placing the entity in a dire situation, often face-to-face with death/destruction.
    I think it is accurate to say conformists will die out (we even see them kill themselves when placed in dire stressful situations) and what I call
    "Rebels" evolve/adapt to the challenge. Some "resistors" will be "blown" by the greater "current" passing through, while some can manage it. [/COLOR]

    And just to clarify the Shiva - Shakti - Brahma situation alchemically speaking....

    In Alchemical union then, the male and female, combine in the Shiva/Shakti union archetype and make something else entirely.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Oh yes. I got that. I was just saying that the trinity - creator, preserver, destroyer - also exists as a teaching/perspective.
    I don't disagree with what you said.

    I really enjoy talking with you and seeing more ways to describe ... "things". The more associations, points of view, angles/perspectives we have to
    describe a "thing", the more fixed it becomes. In almost all instances, I think our differences are/were in vocabulary and details. [/COLOR]

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
    Posts
    531

    COMPUTER ARCHEOLOGY CONFERENCE, Dec 5-10, 2821

    Technology Data Recovered from Deteriorated Optical Digital Media of the 21st Century

    This fragmentary manuscript was found in the collection of personal effects from a computer consultant of the late 20th and early 21st century. It is somewhat confusing. It apears to be a routine commercial review of items in routine use in the early 21st century and yet because of the lack of artifacts appears to actually have been used only in a highly restrictive environment on a "need to know" basis. And yet it has features we have never duplicated and are only now reinventing We had no idea the adaptive plug technology was so advanced at the time of this writing. It appears to anticipate the universal self adaptive data connector of the 27th century after the end of the new dark ages. No samples of the 7 channel switching hardware in question has ever been found despite the appearance of widespread adoption. The fuel cell technology would indicate that this was a mission critical function, possibly of military origin and highly classified. We had no idea that small microwave wave-guide structures were used for inter-chassis data transmission in that period. The tendency to overload and leak hydraulic fluid is disturbing though since the technology is self repairing and designed to deal with that we can suppose that it did not represent a serious problem. We had thought that plug-and-play technology was in full flower at this time.

    We thought that they had fully gone to light guides and optical technology though it appears that the hard connection wave guide technology was a fallback situation able to seek and find the signal in a high noise environment. Because of the uncertainty of signal acquisition a high speed burst method was used to transmit as much data as possible with extreme rapidity before the connection was lost. Suggested though not explicitly mentioned another method often used in conjunction with burst transmission is to repeat the entire set of signals many times and use information theory to extract meaningful data. Apparently the sun was changing even then and causing widespread electromagnetic interference on a scale we didn't think had happened until sometime in the 23rd century, well into the death centuries. This also appears to be the first mention ever of the current new darling of the high tech field, room temperature superconductor fiber cooling. We had no idea that such technology was developed prior to the collapse of the global culture in the beginning of the great dying. So much history and technology was lost in the Butlerian Jihad led by the 21st Century No-Nothings that we may never know the whole meaning of this manuscript fragment.


    ARE THESE UNITS ACTUALLY PLUG COMPATIBLE?

    While the original OEM claims that only units of their manufacture should be connected together, other manufacturers are now claiming that their replacement components are fully plug compatible. In this comparative review we are testing units supplied with anonymous cases so that OEM can't be determined by a simple visual inspection. The units being tested are coded as WDF-1 and WDF-2. They are both being tested with the same WDM-1 unit with an OEM that matches one of the WDF units but on a double blinded basis.

    The WDF and WDM units are fuel cell powered and are part of large production runs though each unit is customized in many ways so that appearance can vary widely while supposedly retaining the same functionality and plug compatibility. As is common with all of these WDF and WDM units, most have performance degradation on a predictable curve as the unit ages. As there is multiple functional redundancy built in, some subsytems can suffer 90% or more performance loss without catastrophic failure, and as degradation typically follows a normal distribution curve, a rigorous preventive maintenance schedule can prevent or delay many full breakdowns until outright replacement is the only option.

    Both the WDF and WDM units are multichannel, 7 main channels and more than 1000 sub-channels, information processing and automatic switching units. There are many ways connections can be made and the system can automatically map the internal connections needed to switch the information to the correct i/o channel(s) regardless of input channel(s) origin. Most connections are visible or non-visible radiant data connections. In case of noisy conditions there is one hard network connection plug unit that can operate under the noisiest of connditions. As there has been so much variation in the same basic design over many model updates both the WDM and WDF wave guide components are self sizing via inflation across a broad range.

    In the WDF units the data receptacle is placed about 70 mm inside the chassis so that it is well shielded from visible and many non visible radiant spectra reducing interference noise considerably. The WDF wave guide plug receptacle automatically sizes itself to the WDM inflated wave guide. The WDM wave guide connector itself has considerable variation ranging from about 100mm to 200mm length at 4 standard deviations, with the 2 standard deviation range being about 125mm to 162.5mm of length. As the WDF waveguide receptacle typically adapts to 100% of WDM wave guide gauges the OEMs don't consider there to be any notable differences except in very rare extreme mismatches.

    All three units were in the probable second half of their 2 standard deviation expected operational lifetime but still had potentially many thousands of hours of operating capacity remaining. All three units showed normal operational wear and tear and signs of previous structural repairs, possibly from impact damage. All three units were capable of sustaining specified data rates though their fuel cell systems were showing some signs of a reduced maximum power generation capacity typical of the falloff expected in the second half of the expected operational lifetime. The finish on the chassis and case of all 3 units had numerous dings and unevenness in color and finish though overall still in at least "good" condition. The fibrous case-covering showed the most shifts in density and color, with some areas comletely stripped to the base and also had been custom modified in various non-standard decorative ways making only non-operational differences in all cases.

    Both WDF units operated in very similar ways and so will only be described once though any significant differences will be noted. The data transfer session is initiated in what seems like a somewhat old fashioned method now that we are all used to automatic bootstrap loading. The WDF needs the boot and warm-up sequence manually executed. This is done with a small unmarked keypad at the entry point of the WDF waveguide. The exact sequence generated depends upon how the keys are stroked as to specific place, force, direction and speed. Often the boot and warm-up sequence of the WDF can be enhanced by use of the fuel cell "IN" port attached to the small keypad. For the WDM, boot and warm-up sequence can be easily initiated by applying the WDF fuel cell "IN" port to the WDM waveguide intitating the inflation procedure if the WDM hasn't already self initiated the inflation procedure. The inflated wave-guide might be thought of as a joystick for entering the boot routine via any of several manual methods if the autoboot routine fails. Boot sequence and warm-up can take anywhere from about 15 minutes to more than an hour for the WDF waveguide receptacle to be ready for the insertion of the WDM inflatable waveguide. Sometimes an accelerated boot-up and warm-up can be initiated when time is critical but that rarely produces the best results. As units age and become less able to self generate the required waveguide lubricant a variety of commercial products are easily available. Inadequately lubricated waveguides use can cause many problems including sustained periods of inoperability though actual galling is rare. Frequent proper usage helps maintain long term functionality and quality data flows for both WDM and WDF waveguides. Actual material breakdowns can occur during prolonged periods of little or no usage as the automatic internal repair systems are not activated if the unit isn't in service regularly. There are standby mode operations that can be self intiated by both WDF and WDM to maintain system operational functionality if the units are set for tha option.

    After all proper boot-up and warm-up sequences are completed the main data transfer and switching session can be initiated. Usually there is a direct hard connection of both units involved. However, if more than 2 units are involved, the units can be daisy chained. The scope of this review is strictly limited to 2 unit direct hard connection data transfer. So, upon completion of boot-up and warm-up sequences to full system specs the WDM inflated waveguide is inserted into the WDF waveguide receptacle. Because of the adaptive nature of the WDF and WDM waveguides and because the WDF waveguide receptacle has several data connection points, the system works on a continual "seek, aquire and adjust" basis as the signal is aquired and lost over and over. Sometimes a very good signal lock is acquired and the signal strength and data flow increases to maximum and can stay there for hours if the WDM system doesn't overload. This "seek, aquire and adjust" positioning system of the WDM inflatable waveguide within the WDF waveguide receptacle can go on for anywhere from minutes to hours, often until there is a system overload and discharge of the WDM capacitors usually with loss of some hydraulic fluid, bringing the data transfer session on the hard connection to a close until a suitable "cool-off and recharge" period can occur. However data transfer, somewhat slower, can continue via fuel-cell IN port to keypad or manual keypad entry. If these methods are used to maintain the WDF unit in full system data transfer readiness then no further boot-up or warm-up sequence is needed when the WDM waveguide capacitors are once again full and ready for inflating the WDM waveguide for hard connection transfer.

    While the DWF-1 and DWF-2 units were superfically very similar the entire waveguide receptacle design, keypad wiring, program functionality and actual data transfer rates were very different despite both units meeting specifications. With the DWF-1 the inflatable waveguide did not seat well into one of the key data ports and so data transmission was hindered. The DWF-2 was superior in most areas of data transfer functionality with the DWM-1, and was able to reach and maintain a high data throughput for up to several hours at a time repeatedly. Because of the massive difference in actual performance the evidence would suggest that the DWF-2 and the DWM-1 were from the same OEM and hence fully compatible via a fully complementary design. This large difference calls into question whether truly plug compatible design actually exists at this time.
    Last edited by III; 11-02-2010 at 06:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts