Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Transmutation Is Not a Valid Test For The Philsopher's Stone?

Blog Entries

Why Transmutation Is Not a Valid Test For The Philsopher's Stone?

Why transmutation is not a valid test for the Philsopher Stone ?

In Hermetism there is the science of Archemy, that deals partly with the transmutatory matters, and "particulars" able to make sometime, powerful (more or less) transmutation powders, looking like a Powder from a Stone, and making the same effect on lead or any metal (and making of gold a red glass, etc).

Now, gold is said to be different after a transmutation by a Stone (harder, not attacked by acids...). But one can perfectly change the nature of a metal by adding too much of this or that, and to make it very hard or brittle or glowing red instead of green while melted. Depending of the "cooking" !

So, in this case, there is only the very high potential of transmutation of a tiny peice of Powder, from a Stone that could possibly make the difference, but how can we be sure that it is safe as a medicine ?
    Sometime a Stone cannot transmute by itself, you need to know Archemy in order to make it a Powder (sometime it is not the case). It can perfectly fail the transmutation, and being a Stone.

Why making a test of transmutation if we seek a spiritual and physical remedy ? In this case, why don't we try the Stone upon an old and ill animal ? Making a healing, and a regeneration maybe. This could be a proof. A real proof. Not like a transmutation made with Archemical procedures with a Stone. And a metal do not die or present illness after being exposed to a high level of toxic material. How to be sure it is safe ? (Of course, one can use homeopathy also).

It is said that the Stone makes an evolution. Yes of course, as a remedy, it makes things perfect. But an animal regenerated will not be transform as a human baby, and a nettle will not transform in a rose tree. There is not change in the form, only in the quality, it is not a trans-formation, it is a mutation.

Salazius
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Well, IMO as alchemy is science and the stone is first created "in mind/in spirit", there is no need for master for any test.
    & as I read somewhere L /alch. Au/ is more malleable and finer.

Well, according to animals, occured to me a funny idea, which I would rather not post.

Valid tests for the philosopher's stone is something that I've been trying to point out for a while. If we do not seek to test an unknown material, we'll never be able to completely ascertain the true nature, and limits of the material at hand (whether it be an archemical powder, alchemical stone, etc).

I do believe transmutation should be used as one of the verdicts, but it should not be the end all verdict. The stone must also be able to heal/regenerate a life-form, and to extend life. Testing with old, or sick animals is one way to do it, but it might not be so ethical. Another test is to determine if the stone being tested has the ability to drastically increase plant growth (i.e. the growing of a seed, to full plant/vegetable, in hours/minutes).

When it is made within self, as it is made outside self, you will know it without having to waste the valuable outward substance by tests upon tests. One or two grains taken and you'll have any and all proof you could want.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Would somebody quote some classic master about some "psychic" or enlightening effects of stone? IMHO thats only logical myth, probably true, but not mentioned. Or its effect in hours on vegs? /I know only John French´s quickened salad from dung & moss ;-) /.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

One can try on plants, or even metals, in wet or dry ways, but in order to know if it is the True Stone, and if it is safe for a human body, or we can make an homeopathic dilution or for higher dosages, with a fly or any other little beast of short life (a fly live three days sometime, if it last a lot more then ... the test is valid for life extension).
    Ethical, probably, but we don't make vivisection here, and we are not crual at all. The game is not to congeal the blood of the beast or to make it disappear into Light.

Plants can be of course a good tests, but is it also ethical in this case, after all they also 'live'. Or we take a dead plant, an resurect it... And a plant can resist a cyanid compound, not an animal.
    Or maybe one have to make some complete tests of chemistry, but the "life level" will not be found, and maybe some "exotic" matter cannot be found too.

Some archemical process, having colours etc, are sometime for the white made with arsenic... it will of course transmute lead to silver. But it is surely not a medicine for humans.

Horticult, I know no masters that speak about that, but Flamel speak about making flourish in a night a apple tree.

Alchemy is one of the science where most people wander for years, and when they acheive something, they can be wrong, or maybe be right (you have the same chance to win in lottery), we have to know that transmutation is not a valid test at all.

SHD
    Salazius

My Works

Well summed up guys. Transmutation is definitely not an end-all test for the Stone, but it should be one of the tests used accompanied with other tests. Heck, if it doesn't transmute, then it's not even a stone, or an archemical powder!

For a few months now I've been on this kick of trying to get others to stop readily coming to the conclusion that anything they concoct is a stone, or forbid, THE Stone.

Ok, sorry to jump in here with noob questions, but I'd much rather get it from you all than from wikipedia (because wiki is always 100% correct and unbiased!)

-Philosopher's Stone, one of two ultimate creations an alchemist can make, other being the Elixer of Life? Am I correct, or way off the beaten path need to read alot more?

-If one thought they made a stone of great ability, whether it be the absolute most perfect stone, or 99.999999% perfect, would you not want to test it in many ways?

-Is the Philosopher's Stone specifically made out of one exact product or group of products and method, or could it be said that the absolute perfection of any substance through perfect method could potentially yield a stone of great ability?

Please catch me up to speed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frater IA View Post
    -Philosopher's Stone, one of two ultimate creations an alchemist can make, other being the Elixer of Life? Am I correct, or way off the beaten path need to read alot more?

-If one thought they made a stone of great ability, whether it be the absolute most perfect stone, or 99.999999% perfect, would you not want to test it in many ways?

-Is the Philosopher's Stone specifically made out of one exact product or group of products and method, or could it be said that the absolute perfection of any substance through perfect method could potentially yield a stone of great ability?
    1. The Elixir is said to be made out of the Stone. (Was it what you asked ?)
    2. You can do what you want.
    3. Both. Depending what you seek, to have or do.

Just my "now" vision as always.
    Salazius

My Works

Thank you, Salazius. Yes, that's a great answer.

+ Reply to Thread