Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Transmutation Is Not a Valid Test For The Philsopher's Stone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    What I have found out is that the more The Art is understood, the less the working environment will look like a classical laboratory. Most of my labware is now off-duty and on decorative display...
    However, The Work is still quite expensive, since there is rent to pay, clothes and food to buy (or grow), bills to pay as well... but these are the really significant expenses of The Work...
    (Unless of course one is a 'rich kid' from birth or just got some juicy inheritance )
    Heater, cooking pot, and a couple of mason jars? hehe. I find the 1/2 liter wide-mouths indispensable, as they are fairly heat tolerant, there's not "bottle neck" to get in the way of gathering material from inside them, and they are easy to scrape and clean. Now if only there was a "screw on" alembic head, they would be just about perfect for everything.

On the other hand, I've seen pictures of peoples labs long ago that are filled with all manner of testing devices to verify transmutation in tiny amounts. Fruitless, IMO. The masters would have made enough that they needn't be bothered with tiny particles too small to see.

It would

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Heater, cooking pot, and a couple of mason jars?
    Not really

But, as I believe Sendivogius wrote, "Simplicity is the Seal of Truth".

@Aunt Clair

Those are some really interesting and thoughtful posts. I loved what you had to say and look forward to more, if/when you can. Coincidentally enough I was reading one of your posts from 2011 last night and you bring a completely new dimension to the spiritual discussion that I thoroughly enjoyed. Please keep them coming

How many of us would we be ready to effect a jump of faith to face the truth?
    To be stopped on the line of all / nothing, life / death, true / deception, To continue being / not to be, etc, and to give a step forward... or not.
    Happy the one who comes to this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    How many of us would we be ready to effect a jump of faith to face the truth?
    To be stopped on the line of all / nothing, life / death, true / deception, To continue being / not to be, etc, and to give a step forward... or not.
    Happy the one who comes to this situation.
    If you have ever been in this situation (I know Awani and a few others here have, including myself)...the ONLY thing you can do is surrender. The rest will work itself out.

I like your answer, Schmuld... i feel it's correct and makes sense to me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Why transmutation is not a valid test for the Philsopher Stone ?
    In Hermetism there is the science of Archemy, that deals partly with the transmutatory matters, and "particulars" able to make sometime, powerful (more or less) transmutation powders, looking like a Powder from a Stone, and making the same effect on lead or any metal (and making of gold a red glass, etc).
    Salazius
    An old but very intersting thread.

When you got a philosopher's stone it means that you made a step on your own "evolution".
    If it's the first one or the 10 000th of course the effect will be different.

For exemple : an alchemist want to test "the power" ot what he got in the metallic path.
    He takes some metal and try to get some gold.
    If he is in his "starting work", he will get 1% of gold or less or nothing (yes, it happens)!

If he get no gold at all it's not because he didn't get a P.Stone, but because he didn't work at all on something.
    He missed a part on his work ...

More he is working with his "matter", more this "matter" his working on him (my english is not well, maybe I'm not clear ... Sorry about it).

Time after time, he will be "cleaned"/"purified" on his 3 levels (body / soul / spirit).
    Then the result of his P.Stone will allow transmutations with more and more % of gold.

An adept who is very "avenced" on his path wont make tests anymore.
    He will become able to materialised his thougths : by thinking about gold, he will get "materialised gold" in the front of him.

At that level, nothing is needed : as if "tests" are only for "new adepts" to allow them to mesure where there are on the path they choose.
    The Philosopher's Stone gives you the tools to do it.

This story about the thougths which become materialised can happen in a involontary way !

This is the big choc for the person ...
    It means that this person made an evolution without any "Labora".

Everything is possible.
    Each path is totaly personnal and unique.

Hi Chrysa Lead

Over the years here on Alchemy Forums (I do believe) there have been many members
    that have felt they have discovered something of value in this Alchemic Art.

It would be a great benefit to anyone working in the lab to be able to put their work to a Test.

The more tests that we can conduct the more sure of our work we can be.

Could you suggest any additional tests we can do to help verify our work ?

If so ... I'm sure there are many members and readers of this Thread that would
    greatly appreciate any advice.

An adept who is very "advanced" on his path wont make tests anymore.
    He will become able to materialized his thoughts : by thinking about gold, he will get "materialized gold" in the front of him.
    There is a thread on materializing : The power of materialization/transmutation with the mind

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...-with-the-mind

I would be glad to hear if you have more to say on this subject.

Trying to argue that transmutation is supposedly not a valid test for the Stone is an obvious cheap cop-out by the type of people who have repeatedly failed to achieve any such thing but still want to engage in the fantasy that they have produced the Stone or some other truly alchemical "tincture". In other words, a silly excuse by people who do not want to admit failure and still want to fantasize that they are "adepts". They will invent 1001 excuses rather than honestly admit they haven't succeeded in obtaining the real thing, since none of their supposed "Stones" can do what they have been forced to desperately try to deny. The fact is that alchemy since its very beginning has been inextricably linked to the making of gold and silver by means of substances that will perform transmutation by means of "projection" over much larger amounts of base metals. The property that alchemical "tinctures" have of doing this is what actually distinguishes alchemy and its productions from everything else, and yet this type of people want to deny the very thing itself! So, yes, transmutation by "projection"* is not only a valid test, it is in fact THE DEFINITIVE TEST OF SUCCESS in alchemy, as no other branch of human industry can achieve any such substances but alchemy.

*Notice that I say "by projection", because it is possible to achieve transmutations by "direct" methods that do not require such "tinctures". But these processes belong to transmutational chymistry, not alchemy (the majority of alchemists in fact stubbornly and rather ignorantly deny all such methods and brand them as "sophistical and false" and its proponents as "fools", "sophists", "puffers", "multipliers", etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Trying to argue that transmutation is supposedly not a valid test for the Stone is an obvious cheap cop-out by the type of people who have repeatedly failed to achieve any such thing but still want to engage in the fantasy that they have produced the Stone or some other truly alchemical "tincture". In other words, a silly excuse by people who do not want to admit failure and still want to fantasize that they are "adepts".
    Hmmm... Go back to the first post. The message is quite clear there:

1) If a Stone can transmute, it does not necessarily mean that it is "safe" to consume it.
    2) A Stone that is "safe" to consume does not ALWAYS have the "power" of turning metals into gold.

... both ideas are perfectly compatible with a vast amount of texts that simply explain that a transmutational Stone needs to be feeded with gold, whilst a "medicinal" one is identical, but does not contain metallic gold (I know, other authors disagree and state that there are not "2 forms", but only one... and some of them insist on the idea that it MUST contain gold, whilst others insist that it is better if it doesn't... and others that it should not contain gold in both cases).

So, it is truly a "safety" thread, which is always good... and simply saying: "If you have something that CAN transmute metals into gold, don't rush to consume it and be cautious, because it may be poisonous".

... which is a good advice, especially considering that several members have a "R.I.P." sign under their names... So it is an excellent advice actually.

+ Reply to Thread