Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone reading at the moment?

What's everyone reading at the moment?

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well. Anyway, have ton of books to start to read and etc.

As for me I'm reading Extraordinary, Ordinary, People: A Memoir of Family, Condoleezza Rice.

I've recently acquired "The Middle Pillar" by Israel Regardie, so that is what I've currently been studying. If you haven't read any of Carlos Castaneda's books, you should look into getting some of his material. I think it is a good place to start for becoming familiar with spiritual discipline and they are written in the form of a story. They are quite captivating for most who have read them....

Blog Entries
    Not reading anything at the moment, but the next book in line that I will read is probably The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Not reading anything at the moment, but the next book in line that I will read is probably The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot.

I've read it earlier this year. It was decent/moderately good.
    Last edited by Aleilius; 11-27-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ok, well these days descent is what we should be happy about.

Excellent, well most books that are excellent were all written before either of us were born

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I'm reading the "Alchemical and Hermetical Writings of Paracelsus". A lot lot about archemy, spagerics, but some very very good gems about Alchemy.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    I've got one from the library called "LSD: Doorway to the Numinous"
    Wanted to see if it matches my visions at all. I've never had the opportunity to try it personally.
    I'm usually reading several books at a time.
    So I'm also re-reading "Quantum Consciousness" by Stephen Wolinsky - a great book,
    and "Sepher Yetsirah" by Carlo Suares and "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" by John Allegro.

If I find my Robert Monroe books I'd really like to re-read those. And the Castaneda books.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post

"Wholeness and the Implicate Order" by David Bohm is another good one Dev.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by mybodymyself View Post
    Extraordinary, Ordinary, People: A Memoir of Family, Condoleezza Rice.
    Just finished reading the book that I mention in the quote. Have to say it was even though it took me a long time to read it. Expect these past few days of course. Unsure if I'm going to read her next memoir. Which I have no clue on the details of it.

Anyway, just started America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag, Sarah Palin.

Blog Entries
    I'm currently reading 'The Angel's Game' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. Can't put it down... Truly magical (to me)...

+ Reply to Thread