Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm finishing Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection by D.M. Murdock, just began The Long Trip: A Prehistory of Psychedelia by Paul Devereux, half way through The Psilocybin Solution: The Role of Sacred Mushrooms in the Quest for Meaning by Simon G. Powell & Graham Hancock, and nearing the end of The Astral Plane by C.W. Leadbeater, which I first read 40 years ago. In the mail today, I received a nice, green former library hardcover of Iamblichus on the Mysteries of the Egyptians, Chaldeans, and Assyrians by Iamblichus, and E=ms2: A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation by David Bodanis. The other day, a copy of The White Goddess: A Historical Grammar of Poetic Myth by Robert Graves arrived. I confess that I purchased the whole set of Joseph Campbell's The Masks of God, and I have yet to begin the odyssey.

I mostly sit around and read Rumi poems.
    Mein Gott he's good!

But the moment I'm once again reading through Francis Bacon's Novum Organum.

Blog Entries
    I think this is a cool, but forgotten, thread. Revival time.

Currently reading:

The Psychedelic Gospels by Brown & Brown
    Joseph of Arimathea - the man who buried Jesus by Cruikshank

Recently finished:

Pilate - the biography of an invented man by Wroe

Yeah I'm doing some deep Bible studies at the moment. LOL.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    At the moment, I'm reading:

The Root of Being: Ginseng and the Pharmacology of Harmony by Stephen Fulder
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Like Dev, I'm also doing some deep Bible studies at the moment: "Biblical Literalism: A Gentile Heresy", John Spelby Spong, 2016. A must read to understand how the New Testament came into being and what they actually mean.

I'm on my 3rd iteration of the "Golden Chain of Homer" - Part 1

I was reading a book and I returned to a book I had already read as to go on with the one I am reading.

I am re-reading Dante's essay "On Manarchy" and M. Maier's "Themis Aurea"...

Dante's book "decodes" the political sub-text of Maier, which seems a bit "conservative" if you don't get what he wants.

Both of them are certainly Monarchists (have in mind that other political systems were quite unthinkable when they wrote what they wrote... except as utopias... i.e, a "democracy" was quite unthinkable, the idea of communism and anarchism wasn't developed by then, etc).

But their STRONG Monarchism involved a complete rejection of the puppet governments of the Catholic Church... And what they wanted was a Civil Code (as opposed to a Theocratic Code of Laws). the two of them are very interesting. They also help to understand why there was a time in which being a Monarchist was VERY progressive (LOL, it was mostly like being a radical anarchist!). The two books are quite similar (Maier uses the Rosicrucian Order as an "excuse" to deliver his political ideas, but they are quite close to Dante... with a Lutheran twist).

Blog Entries
    Reading "Cerveau et Méditation", wolf Singer and Matthieu Ricard, treating about meditation and neurosciences, the effects and conceptions of both visions.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread