Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Square & Compass

The Square & Compass

I am not a Freemason, but I will tell you all a little secret. The mysteries of God are in this symbol:

This symbol reveals the name of God, and the supreme word of power.

What is the λόγος? λόγος itself is not the word, it is an allusion to a word, and does not reveal the mystery.

And?

Quote Originally Posted by True Puffer View Post
    And?
    And, what?

That middle one square looks like a typical british product. /where is some vomiting smile?!/

Horse & 1/2 of kingdom 4 that G!

Quote Originally Posted by horticult
    That middle one square looks like a typical british product. /where is some vomiting smile?!/

Horse & 1/2 of kingdom 4 that G!
    I love the strife I receive from all of you. It really brightens my day. Where's that vomiting smile?!

Ah, sometimes I still wish I had my super-administrator status on this board.
    Last edited by Aleilius; 11-29-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Aum. I can't read greek, though. What does it say?

Blog Entries
    "In the beginning was the word" - John1:1

If you memorize the letters, the words are often recognized by their roots:
    en - in
    arche - beginning
    logos - logic, reason, order, word

http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Thanks so much, Solomon. Maybe I'll eventually work a bit on greek, but right now, I'm working on picking up enough latin to be able make some sense of some older texts. I've been working on memorizing latin words using smart.fm.

Thanks to Aleilius, as well for the post. I never would have thought of that. Is the name of God different from the word of power?

Illustration from "Hamlet's Mill":

Albion, thanks for such an interesting image. I don't know much about the constellations and such, but it reminds me of myself, seeking to identify and separate the round and the straight in my surroundings and within myself. Not just the round and the straight, but other dualistic pairs as well.

The neat thing is that it looks like that beneath the level of action (or perhaps conscious awareness) that the observer/measurer is both perfectly round and perfectly straight at the same time.

What did you take from it?

+ Reply to Thread