Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Square & Compass

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Thanks to Aleilius, as well for the post. I never would have thought of that. Is the name of God different from the word of power?
    I believe they are the same.

I'm pretty sure it's okay for me to reveal this secret. The Word of God is AL. A (Aleph) is represented by the square (FYI: the capital letter A looks like a square). L (Lamedh) is represented by the square. From this we can understand the phonetic connection with El, Allah, etc.

Take a moment and intone the Supreme Word: AL. Notice the movements of your mouth, and tongue. Repeat the word, but bring your tongue down from the top of your palate. The result will be "AL-LA." From these we can understand the "battle cry" of a certain religion. I was also able to draw a connection between the slithering tongue of a serpent/snake, and this Word (since a snake's forked tongue travels up & down).

In the beginning was the Word. Indeed, one intones the Word of God when saying the first letter in almost EVERY alphabet: "Aleph."

God is ALL things. The word "all" itself hearkens to the Word.

It's a neat little trick that I realized/flashed upon my mind a few hours before I made this thread. I wanted to share it with all of you, but I suppose nobody really caught on to it. I mentioned it to Seth-Ra in private.
    Last edited by Aleilius; 01-07-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks again ALeilius. Did anyone else see the word AUM in the square and compass? I interpreted the compass as the A, the square as the U. V is U in latin script. Together, both form the M.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Thanks again ALeilius. Did anyone else see the word AUM in the square and compass? I interpreted the compass as the A, the square as the U. V is U in latin script. Together, both form the M.
    Ah, yeah I see what you're saying about AUM. That's also really cool!

Here we see the square shaped a bit more like the letter 'L:'

Cool. I just learned that in Sanscrit, OM means simply solar-fire.

Link - The Lost Word

The square and compass is a symbol no different than the star of David. The true mason is balanced with masculine and feminine energies in order to be a master of himself. It is inspired by "as above so below".

+ Reply to Thread