Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hooliganism

Blog Entries

Hooliganism

Not as common in the US, but in most parts of the world there is violence done by the fans of soccer or ice hockey. The media debates this a lot and so does the police. What to do etc...

To me it is certain proof that nationalism and patriotism is unnatural and produces violence. To be a fan of a team is the same emotion as to be a patriot.

Music fans of a certain band does not form a group and go out and beat up people.

Art is proof that this is the direction we must take, in all areas of society.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Music fans of a certain band does not form a group and go out and beat up people.
    Maybe not, but if some music fans dislike a certain band, they sometimes like to put down fans of the band they dislike

And what about the cultural phenomenon known as EMO music? I'm aware of instances where bands considered to be EMO were beer-canned at rock festivals.

By the way, what's the most widespread expression of dislike on youtube?

Answer: "That's so gay".

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Art is proof that this is the direction we must take, in all areas of society.
    I agree. Art requires creativity, passion, and the will to create. This is tough considering the current evolutionary status of many of our "brothers & sisters."

It's much easier to destroy than to create.
    Last edited by Aleilius; 12-29-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    The problem does not lie with good Art, just as it does not lie with good soccer players per se.
    The 'problem' lies with the sometimes huge egos of some artists, especially some celebrities, and with the herd mentality of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleilius View Post
    It's much easier to destroy than to create.
    Oh yeah?

How easy is it to destroy one's ego? One's beliefs? One's comfort zone?

And Destruction is an Act of Creation, by the way

Blog Entries
    Actually hooliganism, nationalism and patriotism are all part of only one bad human emotion: group hysteria.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    How easy is it to destroy one's ego? One's beliefs? One's comfort zone?
    Oh yeah? You're taking this out of context.

It is not possible to "destroy" an ego. It's only possible to alter it in order to make one think that he/she has "destroyed" their ego.

The ego can be calcined, but not destroyed.
    Last edited by Aleilius; 12-30-2010 at 11:54 AM.

It is not possible to "destroy" an ego. It's only possible to alter it in order to make one think that he/she has "destroyed" their ego.

The ego can be calcined, but not destroyed.
    If a house were to undergo calcination it would seem that the level of order/structure that had once allowed it to be a reliable “home” would be effectually undone. At least that’s the perspective my landlord in Santa Cruz insisted on the morning after the house burned down. Reluctantly, I conceded his point and upgraded my living arrangements to a tent in the hills .

Yes, “ego” [I] is, at minimal, the sense and system of individuation - not a bad thing in itself. It seems to be the ornate, compounded structures of delusion that we build on it, identify with, and live out of, that become problematic. Loss of perspective due to lack of dialectic with greater context [via heart]?

Not taking an oppositional stance here - just pondering…
    Last edited by Albion; 12-30-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Not taking an oppositional stance here - just pondering…
    Yeah, no worries. Another way to see this is thus: a salt can be calcined, but it cannot be destroyed. Calcination leaves us with the purest part of the matter.

Another way to see this is thus: a salt can be calcined, but it cannot be destroyed. Calcination leaves us with the purest part of the matter.
    To be followed by dissolution? Is the cycle repeated, ouroboros-like, for further refinings?

Last edited by Albion; 12-30-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    To be followed by dissolution? Is the cycle repeated, ouroboros-like, for further refinings?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Dissolution (solvation), yes, but not destruction. The end goal is to obtain the most pure of the pure.

The point being: one does not destroy his/her ego, but reduce & purify it. Sorry, we're going way off topic here though.
    Last edited by Aleilius; 12-30-2010 at 03:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread