Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saturn

Blog Entries

Saturn

Saturn - the vessel/urn
    it is saturated, just as the goat(saturn) horn of Amalthea, the Cornucopia.
    (Copia - ops/opis = power, wealth, resources)
    Ethiops - black face, burnt face
    Opis/Opus/Ophis(serpent)
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Anagrams for: Saturn

A Runts
    A Turns
    An Rust
    An Ruts
    Tarn Us
    Rant Us
    Tsar Nu
    Tars Nu
    Arts Nu
    Star Nu
    Rats Nu
    Rat Nus
    Rat Sun
    Art Nus
    Art Sun
    Tar Nus
    Tar Sun
    As Runt
    As Turn
    Sat Urn
    Sat Run
    At Runs
    At Urns
    --------------

Anagrams for: saturnus

Anus Rust
    Anus Ruts
    Tarsus Nu
    Taus Urns
    Taus Runs
    A Turns Us
    A Runts Us
    A Suns Rut
    A Sun Rust
    A Sun Ruts
    A Nus Rust
    A Nus Ruts
    A Nu Rusts
    A Nu Truss
    An Rust Us
    An Ruts Us
    Rats Nu Us
    Tars Nu Us
    Arts Nu Us
    Star Nu Us
    Tsar Nu Us
    Art Sun Us
    Art Nus Us
    Rat Sun Us
    Rat Nus Us
    Tar Sun Us
    Tar Nus Us
    As Turn Us
    As Runt Us
    As Sun Rut
    As Nus Rut
    As Nu Rust
    As Nu Ruts
    Ass Nu Rut
    Sat Run Us
    Sat Urn Us
    At Urns Us
    At Runs Us
    SATURNUS
    A mythical king of Italy to whom was ascribed the introduction of agriculture and the habits of civilised life in general. The name is, notwithstanding the different quantity, connected with the verb sero, sevi, saturn, and although the ancients themselves invariably identify Saturnus with the Greek Cronos, there is no resemblance whatever between the attributes of the two deities, except that both were regarded as the most ancient divinities in their respective countries. The resemblance is much stronger between Demeter and Saturn, for all that the Greeks ascribe to their Demeter is ascribed by the Italians to Saturn, who in the very earliest times came to Italy in the reign of Janus. (Virg. Aen. viii. 314, &c.; Macrob. Sat. i. 10; P. Vict De Orig. Gent. Rom. 1, &c.) Saturnus, then, deriving his name from sowing, is justly called the introducer of civilisation and social order, both of which are inseparably connected with agriculture. His reign is, moreover, conceived for the same reason to nave been the golden age of Italy, and more especially of the Aborigines, his subjects. As agricultural industry is the source of wealth and plenty, his wife was Ops, the representative of plenty. The story related of the god, is that in the reign of Janus he came to Italy, was hospitably received by Janus, and formed a settlement on the Capitoline hill, which was hence called the Saturnian hill. At the foot of that hill, on the road leading up the Capitol, there stood in aftertimes the temple of Saturn. (Dionys. vi. 1 ; Liv. xli. 27; Vict. l. c. 3, Reg. Urb. viii.) Saturn then made the people acquainted with agriculture, suppressed their savage mode of life, and led them to order, peaceful occupations, and morality. The result was that the whole country was called Saturnia or the land of plenty. (Virg. Aen. viii. 358; Justin, xliii. 1; Macrob. Sat. i. 7; Varro, De Ling. Lat. v. 42; Fest. s. v. Saturnia ; Victor, l. c.) Saturn, like many other mythical kings, suddenly disappeared, being removed from earth to the abodes of the gods, and immediately after Janus is said to have erected an altar to Saturn in the forum. (Macrob. l. c. ; Arnob. iv. 24; Ov. Fast. i. 238.) It is further related that Latium received its name (from lateo) from this disappearance of Saturn, who for the same reason was regarded by some as a divinity of the nether world. (Plut. Quaest. Rom. 24.)

The Saturnalia was the festival solemnized by the Romans in honour of Saturn. The statue of Saturnus was hollow and filled with oil, probably to denote the fertility of Latium in olives (Plin. H. N. xv. 7. 7); in his hand he held a crooked pruning knife, and his feet were surrounded with a woollen riband. (Virg. Aen. vii. 179; Arnob. vi. 12; Macrob. l.c.; Martial, xi. 6. 1.) In the pediment of the temple of Saturn were seen two figures resembling Tritons, with horns, and whose lower extremities grew out of the ground (Macrob. Sat. i. 8); the temple itself contained the public treasury, and many laws also were deposited in it. (Serv. ad Aen. viii. 319.) It must be remarked in conclusion that Saturn and Ops were not only the protectors of agriculture, but all vegetation was under their care, as well as every thing which promoted their growth. (Macrob. Sat. i. 7, 10; comp. Hartung, Die Religion der Römer, vol. ii. p. 122, &c.) - source
    Anus Rust... ha ha.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

.....some say that it is the key to the beginning and end to the work........the gateway from this existence to the next.......

Blog Entries
    I was just observing Saturn, along with Mars, last night. Do any of you truly believe the movement of the planets affect us?

Quote Originally Posted by Eshai View Post
    I was just observing Saturn, along with Mars, last night. Do any of you truly believe the movement of the planets affect us?
    ...absolutely , until you learn how to recognise their affects and counteract them......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleeding yolk View Post
    ...absolutely , until you learn how to recognise their affects and counteract them......
    Would you care to elaborate further on counteracting the effects of planetary influences?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Would you care to elaborate further on counteracting the effects of planetary influences?
    ......the seven hermetic principles........i can elaborate further if you wish....but not today........

Blog Entries
    Lately I have been fascinated by the movement of the planets for some reason I cannot pinpoint. I suppose I have simply reached the point in my life where I am now patient enough to observe them intently, rather than simply looking at the stars in passing. For up until now, I knew not how to identify which "stars" were planets and which were not. I just never took the time to learn, and it has now motivated me to go and purchase a telescope (which I have not yet done) so that I might see them better.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeding yolk View Post
    ......the seven hermetic principles........i can elaborate further if you wish....but not today........
    ....and in keeping with the number seven ,....it might be useful to investigate the seven deadly sins and the seven virtues , and the traditional characters that went along with the planets......and also the the four substances in their three states of becoming........

Blog Entries
    I did such researches a momemt ago Bleedingyolk. And it does match.

+ Reply to Thread