Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fixation of mercury or solid mercury metal

Question fixation of mercury or solid mercury metal

by process of alchemy, can we change form of mercury? I have tried much but not sucess yet. By amalgmation i done, but its not stable in fire. Can anyone suggest me book or link about it? According to me, sophic mercury is nothing else but form of mercury, which stable in near 1000 degree c. It must be glowing red in heat. It is the red lion.

Blog Entries
    Hello,

What do you call "by process of alchemy", an amalgam of vulgar mercury is just chemistry. What do you really plan to do ? What are your goals ?

You should deduce by yourself the laws related to such process if possible. But IMO, you should at first learn how to make a running mercury out of solid metals, and then, you'll have just to reverse the law in order to make it back to solid state. Just an idea. Look into RAMS, Joseph Duschesne sieur de la Violette, Digby etc, give some clues about it.

SHD
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"Alchemy as Science, Art and Philosophy is at first a mindset, and not a Technique."
    "You have to transmute Principles and Laws into recipes, and recipies into actions." S.H.D:.A.H.S

Blog Entries
    Welcome. Here is a link that could give some inspiration http://www.whatthebleep.com/herald11/health.shtml. He describes a process on making the incalescent mercury by Antimony amalgamation and hints to the usage of radioactivity.

my goal is to do 16 purification process of mercury (sanskara).

Actually there are 18 samskaras and not 16 and they are so complex that you will need 2 years to complete it.

in indian ras shastra(alchemy), there is 16 samskara. Named 1-svedna. 2-mardana. 3-murchhana. 4-uthapana. 5-patna. 6-rodhna. 7-niyamana. 8-samdipana. 9-anuvasna. 10-jarna. 11-druti (garbha, bahir). 12- charna. 13- ranjna. 14-kramna. 15-vedh. 16-sharir yoga.
    First 8 samskara i completed. Now that mercury is chemically n medicinely pure. But not alchemically. Less 8 samskaras for to make mercury stable in high temperature, to provide seed of gold. To make red form. But i dont know how to do last 8 samskaras.

Blog Entries
    This is beyond my scope Rasendra.
    The only thing that comes to mind is the use of fusible sea salt to fix mercury.
    I'm not sure how or if that would apply to your work.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Hi, it really depends on what you mean by "fixing" mercury. Do you wish to coagulate it into a compound, or fix it via means of transmutation (i.e. firming up, if quicksilver is transmuted to gold its melting point changes dramatically, and thus it's so-called "fixed")? If you want to fix something volatile then you need to unite it with something fixed: you need a salt, or body; potassium, or sodium; gold, or silver.

A very telling hint is that sulfur is able to coagulate quicksilver, and is the appropriate mate for quicksilver. Following this line of thought you can either use spagyric/elemental sulfur, or an alchemical sulphur extracted from a metal. Either way you'll need heat, and time to accomplish the transmutation (simply making an amalgam, or coagulating with sulfur will not bring about the exalted fixation - it needs to be cooked).

Also, certain times of the year are better for this sort of thing. Rotation is another key (Fires of Rotation).
    Last edited by Aleilius; 01-02-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    But IMO, you should at first learn how to make a running mercury out of solid metals, and then, you'll have just to reverse the law in order to make it back to solid state. Just an idea. Look into RAMS, Joseph Duschesne sieur de la Violette, Digby etc, give some clues about it.
    Have you actually been able to accomplish this Salazius?
    Last edited by Aleilius; 01-02-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    Welcome. Here is a link that could give some inspiration http://www.whatthebleep.com/herald11/health.shtml. He describes a process on making the incalescent mercury by Antimony amalgamation and hints to the usage of radioactivity.
    I've got a neat little PDF about incalescent mercury. Let me find it real quick.

Here's the link: http://www.vitriolum.net/files/Incalescent Mercury.pdf

+ Reply to Thread