Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Increase the Yield of Au in the Acetic Acid Process ?

Quote Originally Posted by vineet99 View Post
    Hi all,

Can we increase the yield of Au in the acetic acid process ?
    How can you "increase the yield" of something that does NOT work and gives ZERO yield in the first place??? Zero multiplied by any number still = ZERO

Actually what is happening in this process?
    Nothing. Vinegar does JACK-SQUAT to mercury. Anyone who has tried this silly claim knows this well.

plz share your thoughts .. ..
    A nonsense claim made up by that charlatan Monti guy.

Well, this thread was brought back from the dead, so I guess anything is possible

Curious to see if any of the people who commented they would give this a try noticed anything. Am I missing something? Is the claim her that I can stick a drop of mercury or a lump of silver (more likely a hammered sheet) in a jar of "natural" vinegar, shake it every day for a month, and then pour out trace amounts of gold?

I'm not the type to outrightly accuse people of lying, but if that was the whole process, I have a feeling that someone would be investigating it, and industrialists would be using it.

In
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    Mercury acetate beautiful crystals, are you going to distil them or leave them for a while longer?
    Sorry,no distillation or dissolution. I haven't the necessary lab equipment to perform the task in total security.Hg damages brain permanently....
    But I have found this video that shows the result:https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=FLJ...&v=Twz90II_sLQ

I dont understand why gold come out as organized crystal and not as amorphous shape.Any idea?

...And why it have to be dissoved in Nitric?. Passing it into a siringe with a cotton ball inside, isn't enough?
    Last edited by Cyrano; 11-15-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    But I have found this video that shows the result:https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=FLJ...&v=Twz90II_sLQ
    The video only says it is the result of a mercury into gold transmutation, but does not mention by what method was it allegedly produced.

I dont understand why gold come out as organized crystal and not as amorphous shape.Any idea?
    Apparently gold separated from mercury takes on a crystalline appearance. I don't know for sure because, I repeat, I never got any gold whatsoever from this phony-baloney claim. But I do know for a fact that gold can separate in different shapes depending on the metal it was mixed with. For example, gold separated from silver by means of nitric acid always takes on the appearance of a dark calx. But the exact same gold separated from copper by the same acid always takes on the appearance of a reddish-brown calx.

...And why it have to be dissoved in Nitric?. Passing it into a siringe with a cotton ball inside, isn't enough?
    The amount of mercury vs the much smaller amount of gold supposedly produced by the action of the vinegar would not permit to separate it by simple filtration. Mercury strongly retains some amounts of gold that can only be separated by distillation or solution in nitric acid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Well, this thread was brought back from the dead, so I guess anything is possible

Curious to see if any of the people who commented they would give this a try noticed anything. Am I missing something? Is the claim her that I can stick a drop of mercury or a lump of silver (more likely a hammered sheet) in a jar of "natural" vinegar, shake it every day for a month, and then pour out trace amounts of gold?

I'm not the type to outrightly accuse people of lying, but if that was the whole process, I have a feeling that someone would be investigating it, and industrialists would be using it.
    Yes, correct, except that Roberto Monti (the guy who seems to have invented this silly claim) says that it should be a mixture of wine vinegar and conc. acetic acid. I tested this claim many years ago when it first came to the surface. I kept the sample of my triple-distilled pure mercury inside such a mixture for months, shaking it periodically, and would take samples of the mercury every now and then and dissolve them in nitric acid to see if any gold had formed. Total nonsense. No such thing ever happened.

I admit I just saw the crystals and didn’t read the rest of the thread until I saw the fresh comments. It is dubious that this would work, it would have been stumbled on in the Middle Ages I think when mercury and vinegar were more likely to be kept lying around in the same room for later use. I mean you distil mercury off gold as part of the collecting of scrap gold so if any significant quantity of gold was noticed by vinegar accidentally mixing with it, this would have been quickly investigated by those that stumbled on it.

Roberto Monti shared another recipe,promising much more consistant yeld.I remember that the method consisted into dripping melted silver into a concentrate solution of calcium hydroxide.
    Looks like Ormus making.If someone has the equipment and some Alchemy inclinations,should try to put calcium oxide in deliquescence ,under the rays of full Moon,and see if "our Mercury" has some multiplication factor to raise the yeld....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Roberto Monti shared another recipe,promising much more consistant yeld.I remember that the method consisted into dripping melted silver into a concentrate solution of calcium hydroxide.
    Looks like Ormus making.If someone have the equipment and some Alchemy inclinations,should try to put calcium oxide in deliquescence ,under the rays of full Moon,and see if "our Mercury" has some multiplication factor to raise the yeld....
    Monti did not invent that one, it comes from the work of an 18th century "chymist". Unlike Monti, though, most of the old "chymists" were well aware that silver is the metal closest to gold, not mercury (no matter what modern physics claims regarding this with its speculations/theories about matter; I am talking about empirical facts, not fanciful theoretical ruminations) and therefore it is pretty much the only metal that can be successfully used to make artificial gold by "chymical" (note: "chymical", I say, NOT "chemical", which vulgar/common/ordinary techniques are useless and do nothing to any metals, and NOT "alchemical", which techniques only deal with making the Philosophers' Stone, but "C-H-Y-M-I-C-A-L") means. I have yet to see a successful gold-making "chymical" process that did not involve silver in one form or another. With some of the other metals (ex: lead, copper, tin, bismuth, etc.) you can make silver, but not gold, at least not "directly" (the base metals need to be forced to yield silver, and then some gold can be obtained from the silver.)

Also, calcium oxide does not "deliquesce" when exposed to air. It changes into the hydroxide (which is a non-deliquescent solid) when it absorbs moisture from the air.

You can build your own melting furnaces, a la MacGyver. Most of the furnaces I use in fact are not "professionally" made but ones I have built out of empty metal containers (anywhere from split-pea soup cans all the way up to large steel garbage cans), refractory blankets & cements, and propane torches/burners.

JDP,
    I know the art of Archemy, but this is something that only serves to verify the reality of the ancient transmutations. But the dry way is long, expensive, difficult. I prefer simple methods and more meaningful results.
    You are right: silver is the best subject to transmutate. In fact, if metal calxes are matured, silver comes out just before gold, depending on the cooking times.
    Yeah, you're right: the exact term is hygroscopy. But, also the delinquescence have the same purpose:without "Fire", the results are scarce.

Blog Entries

Logistical Post

New topic continued here: The Alchemical Fire

+ Reply to Thread