Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Separator

Blog Entries
    The allegorical story of The Separator brings to our attention a mysterious THIRD 'deity', which is truly omnipotent and as such is placed above and beyond any and all dualistic archetypes.

This Separator is explicitly mentioned in 'Hermes Trismegist's Wahrer Alter Naturweg':

"Der Mensch, Minor Mundus, ist die Summa und Extract Majoris Mundi.
    In Minore Mundi liegt der grosse Arcanum Macrocosmi, das grosse Universalgeheimniss.
    Sheide nur das Böse vom Guten, du hast den Sheider bei dir, suche nur in dir."
    My own translation:

"Man, the Microcosmos, is the Sum and Extract of the Macrocosmos.
    In the Microcosmos lies the great Arcanum of the Macrocosmos, the great Universal Secret.
    Separate only the Bad from the Good (Pure from Impure?), you have the Separator, look only in yourself."
    In the same work, The Separator is mentioned as the Divine 'Instrument' used at the Creation of the World.

Questions to ask ourselves: What is our inner Separator? How can this Separator Principle be applied to practical lab work?

A few lines below these lines of the Separator in "Hermes Trismegist's Wahrer Alter Naturweg" you will find this part:

Von diesem Lichte meldet uns auch Moses in seinem Buche Cop. 1. wie Gott Himmel und Erde, Licht und Finsternisz aus dem groszen Chaos oder Wasser geschieden, und wie aus Wasser und Geist das Salz gebohren werde. Das Salz ist nun ein gut Ding, das herrlichste unter allen sichtbaren Wesen, der Saamen und das Korn der ganzen Welt. Unser Salz aber in der Luft, ist kein Salz, sondern nur ein Geist, und wird erst im Wasser zu einem Salz gebohren. Das Salz ist der gröszte Schatz und Reichtum der Welt, das Mittel-Wesen und aller Dinge Anfang und Ende. Es ist dieser der Geist, der indem er in der Luft wohnet, auch alle Saamen auf Erden, die Insecta nicht ausgenommen, lebend macht, er ist Alles in Allem. In der Erde wächset, blühet und sprosset er, in den Thieren belebet, verändert und kocht er, in den Bergwerken rauchet, durchdringet und figirt er. Wenn er durch Kunst gebrauchet wird, so erhält er das Leben und heilet alle Krankheiten und verändert die Metalle. In den Flüchtigen ist er flüchtig, in den Fixen ist er fix; in den Thieren thierisch; in Vegetabilien vegetabilisch; in Mineralien mineralisch, und in allen Dingen ist Dieser Geist einer durchdringenden und vollkommenen Eigenschaft und eines gar zarten und geistigen Wesens.
    I understand this as that salt is a matrix to harbour and/or attract our first matter/spiritus mundi from the air/from the above which itself manifest as a saltpeter as so often called which is vulgar saltpeter.
    "look only in yourself" only as in also ... The urine and body fluid works come to mind. We are after vulgar salts here.
    The salt/saltpeter itself isn't the secret it is what this salt/saltpeter attracts/harbours in itself.

So what is so special about salts. It's their geometric forms.
    Besides that isn't salt itself a union of good and bad or more like the union of one extreme with the other.
    That no mans land lies within a salt.

If you separate a salt you get to its inner fire, to capture that is called the art. "The Separator brings to our attention a mysterious THIRD 'deity', which is truly omnipotent and as such is placed above and beyond any and all dualistic archetypes"
    The Separator is us humans, the divine instrument is our intelligence and wisdom to do the work, to bring us the third deity, the spiritus mundi/the first matter.

... the above lines are thoughts of mine which are probably too materialistic ...
    handle with care

Rueb

Blog Entries
    Hi Rueb,

Since you are quoting from the German text of 'Alter Naturweg', I think it would be a good idea to translate your quoted segment into English (as I did), as a courtesy to readers who are not fluent in German.

Quote Originally Posted by Rueb View Post
    The Separator is us humans, the divine instrument is our intelligence and wisdom.
    Yes, to start with - but further insight is necessary to transpose and carry out The Work in the Realm of Matter.

Also, the First Matter/Universal Spirit is not [what I refer to as] 'The Third Deity', but merely the most Primordial Emanation of it.

It's like the first thing to come out the door of the corridor.

I am sorry my english isn't that good to transcribe the essence and meaning of alchemical texts.
    I am native german speaking from austria.

Rueb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teofrast40 View Post
    I often red from you citations of tv series/hollywood movies as alchemical sources, but I would not consider it to be part of the alchemical corpus.
    At least do yourself/yourselves one HUGE favor and watch at least THIS EPISODE of the TV series 'Lost'.

IMO, it beats the hell (and heaven) out of certain aspects of the canonical 'Alchemical Corpus', as it is ridiculously forthcoming in some matters of Principle and Application.

'Our Water' is there, and its 'Source' as well... Not to mention countless other subtleties, which are not-so-subtle to the more subtle eye...

I most highly and strongly recommend watching the entire series, but the above linked online episode may well do the trick for the lazy (but smart) ones

If you decide to check out this lead and wish to comment and/or elaborate on any additional insights you may have gained from it, please take your comments to the Spiritus Mundi Thread, where I feel they belong.
    ✂-----------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 05-19-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    The Separator is the Principle used in the Lab in order to make a Distillation of the Water of Life. It is indeed a distillation, but a philosophical one, not a vulgar one. This is by this mean, by the Separator, the the Impure and the Pure are made apart.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    Here's a snapshot from 'Compass of the Wise', for whomever it might benefit:

I find it especially significant to notice the following section from the above quote, in the context of The Separator's 'Cloak':

"Shuts itself up against the emanation, against the introduction of Nature's egocentric will, operating with the Life-force of unity through Nature."
    ✂----------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 06-14-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Read THIS.

Very much in context and on topic (Separator, No-Man's Land, etc...)

(For the slightly more scientifically inclined )

This is a short story of creation from the book "Pyramid Yantra for Vaastu" by: Dr. Dhara Bhatt that I thought was well written.

"Before time began, there was just an inconceivably large egg out of which P'an Ku was created. When he emerged from the shell, darkness poured out of the egg, but so did light. All that was clear and bright rose to the sky and all that were muddy and heavy fell to the earth. Since he was afraid that the brightness above would fall onto the darkness below, he held the two apart with both his arms for thousands of years. He did so until finally he collapsed with exhaustion. He offered himself fully to the world. His last breath became wind and clouds. his voice became thunder, his left eye became sun and right became the moon, his limbs and torso became the plains and mountains, his blood formed rivers and lakes, his muscles formed soil and tendons formed paths and roads, his hair and beard formed stars, fine body hair and skin became grass, trees and flowers, his bones, teeth and marrow changed to rubies, jade, and minerals, Thus, he gave birth to all life."
    Still Searching.............

Hi Nibiru

It says P'an Ku is a 'he'...isn't Mother Earth a 'she'?

Perhaps Androgynous?

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

+ Reply to Thread