Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Separator

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Hi Nibiru

It says P'an Ku is a 'he'...isn't Mother Earth a 'she'?

Perhaps Androgynous?

Ghislain
    Hi Ghislain, good catch! I'd have to lean towards the latter, at least in this story's context, but the "he" may not be a reference to the earth .. The "He" in this quote reminded me of the seperator character from Androgynus's story, and that's why I posted it in this thread.
    Last edited by Nibiru; 10-01-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Still Searching.............

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Do go back to the point you are stressing here Andro, about the "separator", it is also a principle of equilibrium, between two polarities, Heaven and Hell for example, we will have a kind of "no man's land".
    Separator is for me, an equilibrator, borned by the action of the two opposed forces, a dwelling place to keep balance (libra), but in the matter/dualistic world.
    For now, this is what come to me.
    Yes, that is well said Salazius.
    The Separator is an equilibrator in the matter / dualistic world.
    like Libra - which is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac. It is a dead-neutral - not a thriving living balanced positive realm of male and female unified.

As such, despite having a pretty cool role in the world of matter/duality, and having a pretty mysterious look to him/It, I don't think the Separator has the power to or is as highly ranked as the story makes him out to be - then he'd be God, which he is not.

Blog Entries
    When I first read this on the separator, I was reminded of Thomas Vaughn's "binarius".
    Do these seem the same Androgynus, or a bit different context?

"You may remember how, in my former discourse of the nature of man, I mentioned a certain simplicity of elements according to their several complexions in the several regions of the world. I shall now speak of another triplicity --- much more obscure and mystical --- without which you can never attain to the former, for these three principles are the key of all magic, without whose perfect knowledge you can never truly understand the least idioms in Nature. The first principle is one in one and one from one. It is a pure, white virgin and next to that which is most pure and simple. This is the First Created Unity. By this all things were made --- not actually but mediately --- and without this nothing can be made, either artificial or natural. This is " Bride of God and of the Stars." By mediation of this there is a descent from one into four and an ascent from above by four to the invisible, supernatural Monad. Who knows not this can never attain to the Art, for he knows not what he is to look for.

The Second Principle differs not from the first in substance and dignity but in complexion and order. This second was the first and is so still essentially ; but by adhesion to the matter it contracted an impurity and so fell from its first unity, wherefore the magicians style it Binarius. Separate therefore the circumference from the centre by the diametrical line, and there will appear unto thee the philosopher's Ternarius, which is the Third Principle. This third is properly no principle but a product of Art. It is a various nature, compounded in one sense and decompounded in another, consisting of inferior and superior powers. This is the magician's fire, this is Mercury of the philosophers, that most famous Microcosm and Adam. This is the labyrinth and wild of magic, where a world of students have lost themselves --- a thing so confusedly and obscurely handled by such as knew it that it is altogether impossible to find it in their records. There is no late writer understands the full latitude and universality of this principle, nor the genuine metaphysical use thereof. It moves here below in shades and tiffanies, above in white ethereal vestures ; neither is there anything in Nature exposed to such a public prostitution as this is, for it passeth through all hands and there is not any creature but hath the use thereof. "
    http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy6/animagica.htm

And a different source:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=die...narius&f=false

Hmmm. I found another source that equates the serpent binarius to that one in the garden of eden which
    persuaded Eve to eat the fruit.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Moshe, you have interpreted the story in a very different way than me, which is great IF it works for you.

The Separator (in this context) is NOT Libra, but nevertheless encompassed by it.

The Separator is of an Aries/Mars nature, and also a Portal to non-duality FROM and TO a world of duality (Libra).

But we also need Libra (the scales, represented in this story by the archetypal oppo-same emissaries of 'god' and 'satan'), we need the utmost archetypal extremes of duality in order to move beyond it.

"Venus and Mars are the parents of the Stone."

Blog Entries
    Sol,

Basically - Yes to all your points above.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    The Separator is an interesting Character. After my last couple experiences with magic mushrooms, I've been looking into the 'grid' as it relates to alchemy and the Athanor.

Androgynus, your link to that blog post on the Primordial Matrix has made some connections for me

Chapter One of Sal Lumen Et Spiritus Mundi Philosophici or the Dawning of the Day begins with a similar character:

This vast Body then [the World], is indued with motion, yea, continually agitated therewith; and this motion cannot be wrought without some vital Spirit: for whatsoever wants Life, is immoveable. But here I mean not of violent motion from place to place, but of that, which in reference to a form, is privation to perfection, imperfection. The vegetation of Plants, and concretion of Stones, are effected by the motion of this universal Spirit, agitating this great Mass, and the mediation of a certain radical and nutritive Spirit, whose origine or principle, like some primary procreating cause, resides in the Centre of the Earth; and thence, as from the heart, exerts all vital functions, and extends itself through the whole Body. And this root or principle is included in the bosome of the ancient Demogorgon, that universal Parent, whom, old Poets, those diligent Searchers of Natures Secrets, have ingeniously described clothed in a green Cloak, obduced with rust, and covered with thick darkness; feeding all kindes of Animals, into whose belly, the virtues of the Celestial Luminaries, continually descend, penetrating the very bowels of the Earth, and impregnating it with all kindes of Creatures.
    The addition of the Green Cloak wrapped in darkness is interesting to me, as it connects with the Hermetic Tree, and even the idea of the Black Sun. And continuing along, Sal Lumen defines the Demogorgon further:

where the elementary qualities and powers offer their services to this old Parent, as to the Producer and Distributer of all things; who continually occupies Iliastus, in dispensing of specifical forms; and Archeus, in exciting vital heat: which Iliastus and Archeus, are as it were two instruments, whereby he informs, conserves and augments all things.

Here note, that by Iliastus we mean a general Steward that affords matter for all generation; and by Archeus, natural or radical heat, which digests this matter, and acts upon it.

This Demogorgon then is he, by whome, as by his Instrument, God produces all things in and under Heaven: so that he containing his Iliastus and Archeus, does with singular providence, unknown to vulgar Philosophers, and therefore masked under the supplement of occult causes, form and generate, then nourish and preserve all things.

Besides this alchemical work, there is are references to the Demogorgon in literature. Plato's Dream by Voltaire:

Demogorgon received the lump of mold we call Earth, and having formed it as it now appears, thought he had created a masterpiece.
    And lets not forget Medusa, the Gorgon, and her ability to turn men into Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    While descriptions of Gorgons vary across Greek literature and occur in the earliest examples of Greek literature, the term commonly refers to any of three sisters who had hair made of living, venomous snakes, as well as a horrifying visage that turned those who beheld her to stone. Traditionally, while two of the Gorgons were immortal, Stheno and Euryale, their sister Medusa was not, and she was slain by the demigod and hero Perseus.

The Demogorgon is similar to the Demiurge, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 10-28-2014 at 03:47 AM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    I was reading through the introduction to a translation of the Sepher Yetzirah and came across this paragraph. Thought I'd add it in case it sparks any connections.

The following interesting quotation is from Rabbi Moses Botarel, who wrote his famous Commentary in 1409:--"It was Abraham our Father--blessed be he--who wrote this book to condemn the doctrine of the sages of his time, who were incredulous of the supreme dogma of the Unity. At least, this was the opinion of Rabbi Saadiah--blessed be he--as written in the first chapter of his book The Philosopher's Stone. These are his words: The sages of Babylon attacked Abraham on account of his faith; for they were all against him although themselves separable into three sects. The First thought that the Universe was subject to the control of two opposing forces, the one existing but to destroy the other, this is dualism; they held that there was nothing in common between the author of evil and the author of good. The Second sect admitted Three great Powers; two of them as in the first case, and a third Power whose function was to decide between the two others, a supreme arbitrator. The Third sect recognised no god beside the Sun, in which it recognised the sole principle of existence."

Blog Entries
    I came across an interesting reference just now, from This Website

The yakshas (male) and yakshinis (female) look after treasure hidden in the earth, and come under the dominion of the god Kubera.
    The 64 Chetakas

These are servitors of Shiva, akin to elementals. Once drawn into service, they require nourishment. You have to keep this work force happy if you take them on.

They are (1) Amorous One (2) Vehicle (3) Heroic One (4) Separator (5) Angry One (6) Poet (7) Roaring like a Lion (8) Very Noisy (9) Beautiful [. . .]
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 05-10-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    The allegorical story of The Separator brings to our attention a mysterious THIRD 'deity', which is truly omnipotent and as such is placed above and beyond any and all dualistic archetypes.

This Separator is explicitly mentioned in 'Hermes Trismegist's Wahrer Alter Naturweg':

(...)

My own translation:

(...)

In the same work, The Separator is mentioned as the Divine 'Instrument' used at the Creation of the World.

Questions to ask ourselves: What is our inner Separator? How can this Separator Principle be applied to practical lab work?

First time I see this thread, but I completely follow your logic of the Third Deity who is the Instrument of the creation of the World and also a separator!

You can find much more on this issue is you read the Chaldean Oracles, where Hecate is the "Third Deity" (The First one is the First Mind, the Second one is the Second Mind or Nous).

Hecate is the one who creates the World, but is also the "membrane" or the "separator" or the "limit" (in the Oracles the word Horos is used: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CF%8C%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%82 )

In some other interpretations of the Oracles, Hecate is NOT the "membrane" and the "separator" itself, but her mother (whilst the Hypezokos -Flower of Fire- or "Demiurge" is the Separator and the son of Hecate).

I follow the first interpretation.

If you don't want to get into the Oracles, a quick wiki article about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalde...of_the_Oracles

And since the Oracles and the philosophy of Plotinus and Porphyry are one and the same...

The First "God" is ONE (Hen)
    The Second "God" is Nous ("Intellect", but not in the sense we use the word nowadays)...
    And the Third "God" is Psyche ---> Who is Hecate in the Oracles and the "Anima Mundi" in several alchemical texts.

Needless to say that these "Macrocosmic" deities had a correspondence in the Microcosm and the Psyche of the Macrocosm is, of course, in correspondence with the Psyche of the Microcosm.

Psyche... the "Separator", the Greek "Horos".

EDIT: If anyone has the compass.... please, please, please, send it my way!
    EDIT #2: Compass no longer needed!
    Last edited by zoas23; 05-11-2016 at 07:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread