Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 125 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1246

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    While SM is involved throughout our whole Work, its visible manifestation is not seen with our eyes until later in our Work.
    This brings up an interesting point.

What we refer to as "Spiritus Mundi" can NOT have a visible/tangible manifestation ON ITS OWN. It is not directly measurable. It "manifests" according to the Carrier/Passenger model, wherein the "Carrier" is significantly altered by the presence of its "Blind Passenger". The "purer" & "better" the carrier (geometrically, atomically, etc...) - the better concentration we can achieve and the more potent the "exotic" properties effected by the "Passenger".

The "Carrier" (Host matter) CAN "release"/"loose" its "Passenger" (Guest) in certain situations, and then we are simply left with the common/"vulgar" substance.

This may clarify a few things for a few people, while possibly attracting the righteous wrath of others

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 02-23-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    @Schmuldvich

Are you suggesting that the precipitation of SM is not neccesary; and that a correct and proper preparation of our magnet is all thats needed. And that as we commense the work with the correct magnet(s), then manifestation occurs on its own without special equipment for its extraction?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Well it seems Andro has already clarified this.

Im going to start the work. Maybe ill try a few different ways. Some my typical extremeism; and some a more basic rudimentary approach. I doubt ill learn much more until i have some practical mistakes to work from. But my mind is fairly well moulded and cooked now and i dont see it bending too much without horrible failure being the catalyst.

I think ill forget the glassware for now and focus on the fourth Motif. The shit before the shovel, so to speak
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 02-22-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    This brings up an interesting point.

The "Carrier" (Host matter) CAN "release"/"loose" its "Passenger" (Guest) in certain situations, and then we are simply left with the common/"vulgar" substance.
    Can the carrier then be re-used from the beginning or has it already been permanently altered and is now in a type of 'development'?

@ Schmuldvich

I admire your desire to assist and give guidance
    and to stimulate inquiry is most commendable.

There is constantly new comers called to this Great Work
    and the road less travelled can be very rough and frustrating
    for those who have yet to learn that patience and the ability
    to relax in this study of Alchemy can be great allies.

Make haste slowly!!!

You suggest that ..."While SM is involved throughout our whole Work,
    its visible manifestation is not seen with our eyes until later in our Work".

What do you believe this SM would look like then ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Go outside and look up

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Go outside and look up
    Overcast, grey and some rain.

What am I looking for ?

SM in the puddles ?

Blog Entries
    Sorry; down here is a beautiful sky blue

@Schmuldvich Are you suggesting that the precipitation of SM is not neccesary; and that a correct and proper preparation of our magnet is all thats needed. And that as we commense the work with the correct magnet(s), then manifestation occurs on its own without special equipment for its extraction?
    Elixirmixer,

I am saying that without a proper Preparation all is naught.

Again using the terms you have brainwashed yourself with, these "magnets" must be ascertained through a correct preparation and evolution of our Matter.

Your head is still working too far ahead in the process, Elixirmixer...

Focus on finding your Matter and rightfully preparing it for your Work; the "magnet" will show itself in due time.
    Im going to start the work.

I think ill forget the glassware for now and focus.
    Splendid to hear!!!

Our conversation is working!!!!

Glory!

Onward, friend!!
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    @ Schmuldvich

I admire your desire to assist and give guidance and to stimulate inquiry is most commendable. There is constantly new comers called to this Great Work and the road less travelled can be very rough and frustrating for those who have yet to learn that patience and the ability to relax in this study of Alchemy can be great allies. Make haste slowly!!!

You suggest that ..."While SM is involved throughout our whole Work, its visible manifestation is not seen with our eyes until later in our Work".

Black,

Spiritus Mundi is a gas which is why you see all these sophists rambling on about "capturing" it.

Andro, in post #1051 of this thread, explains this further than I was prepared to discuss.

This post does a wonderful job of clarifying this enigmatic subject whilst still keeping it mysterious and secretive. He chose his words carefully.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Spiritus Mundi is a gas
    Spiritus Mundi is NOT a "gas".

As I wrote earlier (and unlike gases), it is not directly measurable, but only by its "exotic" effects and by the ways it noticeably alters the properties of the Host/Carrier matter, which CAN be a gas, among other states of matter. One of those possible "alterations" to the Carrier Matter is a (scientifically "inexplicable") increase in density/mass. It is such type of alterations which, for example, can make a gas (like Hydrogen) stable in the liquid (or even solid) state, at room temperature.

It becomes even more tricky when we consider that "IT" is present virtually everywhere, albeit in infinitesimal concentrations, making it practically unusable for alchemical work.

For example, even if we create an EXACT chemical replica of rainwater, it will NOT stimulate growth the same way that natural rainwater does. There actually was such an experiment, unfortunately I can't recall the details. We may also say that "Spiritus Mundi" can be loosely compared to "Dew on Steroids". We can also perform (as proof of concept) the work described by Roger Guasco in his book "The Dew Burns the Salt". Relatively "enormous" quantities of Dew are required for this (due to the infinitesimal concentration), but it can nevertheless show us how the properties of the "Host" matter (sea salt, in this case) are significantly altered. Personally, I can not explain this (the resulting salt that melts at 40C) via "normal" chemistry.

To summarize: The better we understand what this "Spiritus Mundi" is (and isn't), the more likely we are to work with better-suited "Carriers", Magnets", etc... and achieve maximum concentration in minimum matter complexity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 02-23-2018 at 06:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread