Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 124 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1238

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Blog Entries
    Id like the italian copy please alfr.

Ill send you a PM with my email if you dont already have it.

EDIT: Your meddage box is full Alfr
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    I found this:

Seems to be pretty similar to what Bacstrom did. According to the source it can be done with cool air or warm and humid air, but you have to either softly heat or cool the flask depending on the air.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries

Logistical Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    What is figure 2 showing?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    I found this:

Seems to be pretty similar to what Bacstrom did. According to the source it can be done with cool air or warm and humid air, but you have to either softly heat or cool the flask depending on the air.
    Can we please have the key to this figure? What is represented by "A", "B" ect..

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Can we please have the key to this figure? What is represented by "A", "B" ect..
    According to the text you need a window to the east in a room where all the other openings should be closed very well. A is a funnel out of sheet metal that is sticked through a round carved opening of the window. B is a covering of the funnel made out of lead. C is another kind of funnel. It should be as long as an arm and also made of lead. H is a heating unit and on top of it G a plate of tin filled with ashes. When having cool clear weather it should be heated gently and some liquid is supposed to appear in the receiver F. When having warm and humid weather the ashes must be replaced with NaCl and under the tin plate ice is placed. This way you get the stuff like when having cool weather. The lead covering B should be covering funnel A when there is bad weather.
    D and E should not be needed to be explained.
    The whole process should begin in May and at sunrise and should be stopped 9 hours later.
    That's the whole process of the first step of the 5th grade. I hope I didn't miss something I just wrote that from memory.

Edit: I forgot that the process needs to be repeated until "enough" liquid is obtained. It has to be filled into glassware with (glass)stoppers. According to the text one has to watch out that there is no air in the glass together with the liquid, because it would form an earth and ruin the process.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 03-21-2018 at 10:20 PM.

What is figure 2 showing?
    The legend below says that figure II represents "the collection of the virgin earth".

Blog Entries
    I could never understand the use of metals in a system like this. Isnt the whole point of SM, to reduce metals to their first matter? So then.... wont it react with the metals???

Edit: Oh by the way, thankyou too both of you who andwered my questions.

I could never understand the use of metals in a system like this. Isnt the whole point of SM, to reduce metals to their first matter? So then.... wont it react with the metals???

Edit: Oh by the way, thankyou too both of you who andwered my questions.
    Welcome to the perennial conundrum & contradiction of all those who actually take that whole "universal solvent" thing quite literally. Kunckel used to mock their beliefs by pointing out one pertinent fact: if this thing really dissolves "everything", then how can you possibly prepare it or store it? It would dissolve the vessels used for the purpose!

Blog Entries
    The "water" that is supposed to be condensed with this system never actually touches metal. It only condenses in the last receiver F.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Welcome to the perennial conundrum & contradiction of all those who actually take that whole "universal solvent" thing quite literally. Kunckel used to mock their beliefs by pointing out one pertinent fact: if this thing really dissolves "everything", then how can you possibly prepare it or store it? It would dissolve the vessels used for the purpose!
    Yes, but the first Spirit is not the Secret Solvent. It is still "Mercurius Simplex", after certain nomenclatures.

The Secret Solvent results from the Spirit interacting with its Earth (the "Virgin Earth" of Image II, in this case) and "absorbing" the volatile Fire contained therein. The remaining fixed Fire of this "Earth" is to be later rendered into the Philosophical Sulfur. I'm just saying what the books are saying

+ Reply to Thread