Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1155

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Would you recommend using some iron containing mineral like pyrite as an easier way?
    Since you're asking me, this wouldn't be anywhere near my first choices. Others may reply differently.

The recently translated text 'Hermetic Recreations' may trigger additional insights.
    Last edited by Andro; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries

SM: Climate

Does the climate of the location effect production? I dont mean the weather per se; full moon, clear skyies all of that... but would collections greatly differ say, in the tropics, as they would in say, the desert?

This is a really important question that i really need to get answered before dinner tonight because we are discussing where we intend to move and so far its looking like the opal capital of Australia, but that is a barren wasteland of dirt and rocks gor the most part.

I do not want to move somewhere where SM is unavailable in good quanities as it will soon become the main focus of my investigations and I have to.... well you get the idea...

CLIMATE!?!?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Does the climate of the location effect production? I dont mean the weather per se; full moon, clear skyies all of that... but would collections greatly differ say, in the tropics, as they would in say, the desert?

This is a really important question that i really need to get answered before dinner tonight because we are discussing where we intend to move and so far its looking like the opal capital of Australia, but that is a barren wasteland of dirt and rocks gor the most part.

I do not want to move somewhere where SM is unavailable in good quanities as it will soon become the main focus of my investigations and I have to.... well you get the idea...

CLIMATE!?!?

It sounds like you are still under the impression that you can
    collect SM from the night air or a local river etc, etc.

If you read the old Master Alchemists books they make it
    quite clear that if you are wanting to pursue the Great Work
    then you will have to acquire your SM from the mineral/metallic
    realm.

Only this way can you have sufficient quantity and quality.

If you are working the Agent and Patient path then the SM that
    you are using must be of a strong enough QUALITY to do what
    is required of it.

If you are living in the tropics or the Arctic your lab or your lab
    processes /glassware may need to be heated or cooled for the
    desired results.

Blog Entries
    This is a really important question that i really need to get answered before dinner tonight because we are discussing where we intend to move.

CLIMATE!?!?
    Move to Mexico.

Preferably before dinner

The man known as Cyliani, of whom little is known personally, wrote the present volume in 1831 and had it published the year after. Its main interest lies in the fact that he influenced a school of French alchemists who based their work on his findings. The first of these was G. F. Tiffereau who brought a piece of gold from Mexico, which he claimed to have manufactured by the Art. Tiffereau spent the years from 1847 to 1891 trying to persuade French scientists to take his work seriously, but only succeeded in stimulating the alchemists such as Jollivet-Castelot and others. He complained that the sun in France was not as suitable to the work as that of Mexico.
    SOURCE

Blog Entries
    Do we know where Cyliani was living in Mexico? It seems to have two very dietinct climates. A more tropical one on the coast. And a temperate one inland.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Well, if SM is the cause and sustenance of life (particularly vegetable life), then it seems logical a desert wouldn’t be so great. Maybe there’s not enough moisture to hold it around.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Well, if SM is the cause and sustenance of life (particularly vegetable life), then it seems logical a desert wouldn’t be so great. Maybe there’s not enough moisture to hold it around.
    Or maybe, (just speculating) it's more concentrated in the area, such as water in succulent plants and particular survival methodologies for the things that do inhabit the desert. Just a thought.

@Dragons Tail
    Maybe this might help or is related
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108109/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Or maybe, (just speculating) it's more concentrated in the area, such as water in succulent plants and particular survival methodologies for the things that do inhabit the desert. Just a thought.
    I can agree with that. It’s not like deserts are completely devoid of life
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Do we know where Cyliani was living in Mexico? It seems to have two very dietinct climates. A more tropical one on the coast. And a temperate one inland.
    Cyliani did not live in Mexico, it was the chemist Tiffereau who did. In any event, you don't have to worry about solar light. Australia is one of the sunniest places on the planet.

+ Reply to Thread