Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1252

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
    To some people Spiritus Mundi is actually a specified Universal Spirit. That would deserve a discussion.
    Arrakis
    It's essentially the same "thing". When it assumes a form/body (takes a "host"/"vehicle" and alters it), we could say that it is minimally "specified".

From Trithemius:

This spiritual Light which we call Nature or Soul of the world is a spiritual body which may be rendered visible and tangible by alchemical processes; but as it is naturally invisible, it is called Spirit.
    Here is the entire more significant part of the Trithemius text, the more "practical" part that follows the religious dissertation. It is IMO a great summary of the foundation of Great Work:

"This Breath is the Spirit or Soul of the World and is called Spiritus Mundi. It was, at first, like air, then condensed into a nebulous substance or fog and finally transmuted itself into water. This water was at first spirit and life, because it was impregnated and vivified by the Spirit. Darkness filled the abyss, but by the emission of the Word, the Light was engendered, the darkness was illuminated by the Light and the Soul of the World ("The Astral Light") was born.

This spiritual Light which we call Nature or Soul of the world is a spiritual body which may be rendered visible and tangible by alchemical processes; but as it is naturally invisible, it is called Spirit.

It is a living universal fluid diffused throughout Nature, and which Penetrates everything. It is the most subtle of all substances; the most powerful, by reason of its inherent qualities. It penetrates every body and determines the forms in which it displays its activity. By its action, it frees the forms from all imperfection; it makes the impure pure, the imperfect perfect and the mortal immortal by its indwelling.

This essence or Spirit emanated from the beginning from the Center and incorporated itself with the substance of which the Universe is formed. It is the "Salt of the Earth", and without its presence the plant would not grow, nor the field become green and the more this essence is condensed, concentrated and coagulated in the forms, the more stable they become. It is the most subtle of all substances; incorruptible and immovable from its essence. It fills the infinities of space.

The sun and planets are but coagulations of this universal principle; from their beating heart they distribute the abundance of their life and send it forth into the forms of the interior world and in all creatures acting about their own center and raising the forms on the way of perfection. The forms in which this living principle establishes itself become perfect and durable so that they no longer decay nor deteriorate nor change in contact with the air. Water can no longer dissolve them, nor fire destroy them nor the terrestrial elements devour them.

This Spirit is obtained in the same way as it is communicated to the Earth by the stars and this is performed by means of the Water; which serves as a vehicle to it. It is not the Philosopher's Stone, but this may be prepared from it by fixing the volatile. I advise you to pay great attention to the boiling of the Water. Do not let your spirit be troubled about things of less importance. Make it boil slowly, then let it putrefy until it has attained the fitting color, for the Water of Life contains the germ of wisdom. In boiling, the Water will transform itself into Earth. This Earth will change into a pure crystalline fluid; which will produce a fine red Fire; and this Water and this Fire, reduced to a single Essence, produce the great Panacea composed of sweetness and strength, the Lamb and the Lion united."

Hi Andro, how are you?
    Thanks for the text. It is essentially the same thing to me too, but going into more detail, it makes more sense to think that SM is the Universal Spirit after being circulated through Earth, so then a bit specified on a different kind of "fire".
    Regards,
    Arrakis

Blog Entries
    Hi Florius,

The dangers are of every levels.
    Loss of energy, psychic chocs, psychological trigger.or decompensation...

You can try to commit suicide for example. You can undergo a serious depression. You can turn crazy.
    You can spiritually regress. You can develop an illness because you have now a serious lack of energy and immunity. You can be 'burned' astrally. Etc.

Everyone potentially is endangered yes. Don't smell it, don't expose people to it's radiating nature (under certain circumstances), don't touch or ingest it.
    Recovery is on the long run. With a lot of spiritual practice and spageric elixirs.

All the captations have their good and bad points. And are more or less dangerous.

People imagine that working with the Fire of Nature, the great power of 'life' (and death), is without problems. It is the worst venom and poison of the universe. Tricky and insidious.
    This is why it is also represented as a snake or a dragon.
    Don't even think you can dabble with the great snake.

Take care,
    Salazius
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Hi Salazius,

thanks for your answer! According to the texts, it seems the only thing that's working is a prayer before using the scythe or the fishing rod.

Blog Entries
    Praying will help you avoid energetical problems, like negative entities coming to feed, or play with your experiment, but prayer will not protect you from strong radiations of the SM in some processes. It is mecanical. Not only mystical.
    It is a path that in some ways, is theurgical, but stays technical nonetheless.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Thanks again!

Do I understand you right, that those radiation circumstances can mostly accur after the (rather old fashioned/"bastard") collection in further treatment and/or during those collecting methods you refer to as being "pure"?

One test is eventually to see if it doesn't wet your hands..

Hi Florius

Everyone potentially is endangered yes. Don't smell it, don't expose people to it's radiating nature (under certain circumstances), don't touch or ingest it.

By the sound of what Salazius is saying testing on your hand would not be a
    very good idea.

Mrs. Black and I getting ready to do some work in the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Praying will help you avoid energetical problems, like negative entities coming to feed, or play with your experiment, but prayer will not protect you from strong radiations of the SM in some processes. It is mecanical. Not only mystical.
    It is a path that in some ways, is theurgical, but stays technical nonetheless.
    Bonjour Salazius,
    I have read your blog and all your thoughts about ingesting the Stone are just as bad or even worse, so what sense makes to do this way?
    Arrakis

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hi Florius

By the sound of what Salazius is saying testing on your hand would not be a good idea.

Mrs. Black and I getting ready to do some work in the lab.

Whatever turns you both on, right?

I can't help, but that sounds like a very old fashioned riddle solution/joke. But on the other "hand" Alchemy is pretty old.

"Do you know why this water doesn't wet the hands?"

"No, why?"

"Because if you do, you get sick. So don't."

Which leads to another "joke":

"You can eat/drink/touch everything. But some things only once."

And knowing that last joke, I feel there's more to that wet hands thing than just a warning in a puzzle.

And in addition: "The dose makes the poison" - Paracelsus
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 05-12-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    ... after the collection in further treatment and/or during those collecting methods you refer to as being "pure"?
    During and after. That's why for some reasons you need shieldings.

+ Reply to Thread