Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1252

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Quoth ICH in "Hermes Old Nature Way":

Quoth Hyle & Coahyle:

There are (of course) some deliberate omissions in those texts, but one can tinker around to fill in the blanks
    What do you mean by common fire?

The elemental one?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    What do you mean by common fire?

The elemental one?
    Common fire is not Elemental. It is the fire (or heat) of your fire place.

Elemental fire is the state of a matter, say, light, before it becomes matter. It is all things, when they are at their highest manifested vibration. Not related to common heat very much other than just the obvious correlations.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Common fire is not Elemental. It is the fire (or heat) of your fire place.

Elemental fire is the state of a matter, say, light, before it becomes matter. It is all things, when they are at their highest manifested vibration. Not related to common heat very much other than just the obvious correlations.
    Common/Elemental/Vulgar fire are used interchangeably depending upon the author.

Some even use the same for Our Fire while pretending otherwise.

I could not figure out what he meant.

Blog Entries
    I could not figure out what he meant.
    Just simple/normal fire/heat. Like from a candle, stove, etc...

Just simple/normal fire/heat. Like from a candle, stove, etc...
    The agent to pull the astral spirit down from the sky and corporify it is the heat of the common Fire, because the Fire is the food of the Air and attracts it, and as such happens, it is transformed into Water.
    You had quoted this statement which resulted in my response.

How can you use heat of the stove to attract Our Fire isn't it in violation of Like attracts Like and attract the celestial by the material correspondence as Paracelsus says.

I accept that there may exist setups where you use vulgar fire and other tricks to fix the spirit.

My response was specifically to the quoted text and the context in which you put the text.

I am no scientist but I read that some are using a Magnet?
    Last edited by Seraphim; 07-08-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've quoted this before, don't remember the source, though...

"He who knows how to unite the energy of the elemental fire with that of the Ignis essenzialis (essence of fire) will be able to observe the very slow but very sure formation of fluid drops which are without peer for a host of disease!”

Blog Entries
    How can you use heat of the stove to attract Our Fire isn't it in violation of Like attracts Like and attract the celestial by the material correspondence as Paracelsus says.
    Fire attracts Fire

Besides, Fire in this case is NOT the traditional alchemical magnet (although a Magnet can be used in addition, and was indeed very common), but it's the AGENT for corporification of said Spirit.

Also, if "Like Attracts Like" is THE law, then all common magnets (as well as all heterosexual people) would be in criminal violation

I accept that there may exist setups where you use vulgar fire and other tricks to fix the spirit.
    One's acceptance or lack thereof is of no consequence to the mechanics of it in the actual practice. Look at some R+C devices on this forum. They are NOT designed to collect common Dew. In our "modern" times, we can even replace the magnet material (that holds/keeps the spirit) with something else, a different kind of "astral refrigerant", so to speak.

Fire attracts Fire

Besides, Fire in this case is NOT the traditional alchemical magnet (although a Magnet can be used in addition, and was indeed very common), but it's the AGENT for corporification of said Spirit.
    What you are saying if my interpretation is correct, common fire partially plays the role of magnet? Where does the magnetical attraction spring from in such a case, you need to have that to bring the other closer?

Also, if "Like Attracts Like" is THE law, then all common magnets (as well as all heterosexual people) would be in criminal violation
    Elemental fire is different from Our Fire, so there is no violation. Elemental attracts elemental, our attracts ours.

The quote that was posted by you was related to Pulvis Solaris using sun and moon. What the ICH guy says is related to pure fixation IMO without additional stuff(Sun and Moon).

Blog Entries
    The quote that was posted by you was related to Pulvis Solaris using sun and moon.
    No it wasn't.

Where does the magnetical attraction spring from in such a case, you need to have that to bring the other closer?
    Fire is Fire is Fire, only differing by degree. There's a Fire in the Air, and those "elements" have a natural affinity.

However, Fire, in this case, is used less as a "magnet" (in the traditional alchemical sense of the word), and more as an "agent" for corporification.

+ Reply to Thread