Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 125 FirstFirst ... 14 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

The principles laid out, ... most wont even try/put in motion.

Yet they are the means of the most universal/undetermined way which would definitely bring great joy and awe to any person. Our scientifically inclined community and newcomers have a hard time to believe/imagine/handle these thoughts.
    Yet following a recipe will yield you likely more knowledge in chemistry but no-thing else.

It has been said a particular wont get you anywhere which seems to be quite true at first hand although if you know what you are looking for it can still help you/your thoughts along. What I learned from you and in regard to these recipes is not to follow one strictly but to think about the principals in place, compare them to others and Then follow one.

eg one should ask himself what is the principal behind the geode way ... - actually I am not interested in that one at all.
    I would love talking about a particular which wont lead to a poisonous transmutational gold fever stone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rueb View Post
    The principles laid out, ... most wont even try/put in motion.
    I am rather convinced that the knowledge protects itself.

I sometimes wonder how many people participating in the Practical Alchemy section are actually doing any practical work...

What I learned from you and in regard to these recipes is not to follow one strictly but to think about the principals in place, compare them to others and Then follow one.
    The problem with recipes is that many times they are incorrect or incomplete, mostly in terms of matters, ratios/quantities, order of operations, time frames, omitting certain key factors, over-complicating things, etc...

In one of the Harry Potter movies, the students are given textbooks with recipes for magical preparations, yet nobody succeeds in completing the assigned task.

Nobody - except for Harry Potter, but we soon find out that his textbook copy has some of the printed matters and ratios/quantities stroked out and replaced (in pencil handwriting) with the correct ones.

I also had (on few occasions) the chance to compare publicly available texts with similar texts from private collections which are kept secret. There are differences, sometimes minor, but essential.

I would love talking about a particular which won't lead to a poisonous transmutational gold fever stone.
    I don't think this is the appropriate thread for discussing various particulars, but I have found (by experience) that working on a Plant Stone or Ens can bring many revelations and insights that can only be had by ACTUALLY performing the lab work.

I would personally recommend attempting a Wine Stone or a Primum Ens. Problems WILL arise, and insight & intuition (or a little assistance) WILL be necessary to work out the missing bits from the recipes.

For example, if it weren't for the help I received from a friend here on the forum, I would have become completely stuck with the rectification of the Oil of Wine, when I was working on a certain Wine Path.

That was (relatively) long ago... But thanks, again! (you know who you are )

In any case - there are many threads here, discussing interesting Particulars. Just pick your poison

Blog Entries
    I've mentioned some things that I would like to put together here under this topic.

1) alchemy is more like feng shui than chemistry:
    Feng shui is the placement of items in respect to eachother and the whole in order to create
    a specific energy.The items themselves are not this energy. The placement of certain items can
    create a house (if you build it, he will come) or magnet or nest for SM.

2) an alchemist/hermes rules communication:
    As with alchemy and feng shui, communication happens well when two people (or objects)
    establish rapport/agreement/magnetism/like attracts like. Alchemy is establishing rapport with God
    or the life force or Universe/Oneness, or with the Spiritus Mundi. Mankind/Alchemist is the mediator/communicator
    between heaven/God and earth/Nature or spirit and matter. This communication is broken if the below is not
    as the above. Thus an alchemist also demonstrates the ability to speak the Green Language and understand
    all creatures through an exact knowledge of oneself and the subject via establishing rapport/likeness.

3) an alchemist is an androgyne:
    because that is the necessary rapport/likeness with the first matter which is not of the four elements.
    If you are not an androgyne, you cannot communicate or establish magnetism with an androgynus subject,
    which our SM is both and neither.

4) an alchemist loves:
    It is not a coincidence that alchemists are called Philosophers - lovers of Sophia. Love is unconditional, as is
    our subject undetermined, unconditioned. It is not by force or strife or torture that we "acquire" our mercury.
    No dualistic/separate process will ultimately work. Thus mercury is called a servus fugitivus, a runaway
    slave or servant, fleeing anything but that which is homogenous to itself.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    Here's a link I found by chance today that I find to be very relevant to this thread and quite useful for meditating on the Principles... You can ignore the music if you like, but it is quite relaxing and hypnotic with headphones on (produced using isochronic or binaural beats, I believe). Though I feel it's the amazing imagery that says it ALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCLcbHnQWP8
    **Of special interest would be the images shown from 4:30 to the end of the video, but I was able to find a relationship to the principles with most of what was shown..

P.S. Solomon, did you see the affirmation in the final image of the set? It read, "I Am Love"..
    Last edited by Nibiru; 10-19-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Still Searching.............

Blog Entries
    Hi there,

Yes of course the Lab practice makes a big difference, the best teacher is the matter itself.
    You can understand a lot of the process just by working on particulars, just for learning, not necessarily in order to produce something commestible, or for gold.

I personally learned so much with Stibin and Cinnabar wet paths, and the multiple versions of the Minerals Poors Paths ! It is amazing how sometime the process is showing you something of importance, and you don't understand it properly, because you have filters in your perception. Sometime, a year after you understand far more deeply this thing, wit a new angle, a new light. And you are amazed. You are the witness of life in action, and you just stroke the first domino...

LabHurrah !
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    I am aware of various perspectives maintaining that 'Internal Alchemy' is a flawed or misinterpreted concept.

Some of those perspectives consider 'Internal Alchemy' as better fitting Psychological/Jungian concepts, rather than what we are regarding as Alchemy here, in our 'Practical' sections.

Well, I beg to differ.

The Human Vehicle is of such marvelous design, that it can perfectly serve as Vessel, Magnet and Athanor for Spiritus Mundi.

What's even more interesting (although not at all surprising), is that practicing what we refer to as 'Internal Alchemy' - follows the EXACT sames Principles as 'External'/'Lab' Alchemy.

These Principles have been described more than enough on this thread and others.

Applications are currently being studied and also researched in Practice, with surprising initial observations.

When one understands and integrates the Principles, one will see their potential Applications, BOTH 'Internal' AND 'External'.

Just wanted to share this with you all...

Continuing to wish everyone wisdom and success...

A.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    I am aware of various perspectives maintaining that 'Internal Alchemy' is a flawed or misinterpreted concept.

Some of those perspectives consider 'Internal Alchemy' as better fitting Psychological/Jungian concepts, rather than what we are regarding as Alchemy here, in our 'Practical' sections.

Well, I beg to differ.

The Human Vehicle is of such marvelous design, that it can perfectly serve as Vessel, Magnet and Athanor for Spiritus Mundi.

What's even more interesting (although not at all surprising), is that practicing what we refer to as 'Internal Alchemy' - follows the EXACT sames Principles as 'External'/'Lab' Alchemy.

These Principles have been described more than enough on this thread and others.

Applications are currently being studied and also researched in Practice, with surprising initial observations.

When one understands and integrates the Principles, one will see their potential Applications, BOTH 'Internal' AND 'External'.

Just wanted to share this with you all...

Continuing to wish everyone wisdom and success...

A.
    Agreed.

I'll give the example of martial arts. Proper breathing, meditation, attracts and harnesses the Spiritus Mundi, then it is acted out through the physical art itself - this is both inner and outer, and without the inner, there is no outer. Without that which is IN the flask, then there is nothing to be used outside of it. The body is the same. Iron is a handy key - in many ways, and many kingdoms - including universal.

Behold the cross, invert it - a sword, harness it within the breathed Word. All the world is at your grasp, as the ankh of your sword, your cross, the Word, attracts and acts, on all that will have heard. With solemn humility, and royal grace to walk in, BE the Stone instead of lookin'.

There, a little rhyme for ya all.

Be that which you seek, with every breath draw it in, with every action, send it out - attract, circulate, coagulate, transmutate.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    Good points and even better examples (IMO), Seth-Ra... And you don't necessarily have to practice Martial Arts...

Just like in the Lab, there can be many Applications of the SAME Principles...

To which I will simply add that you can just:

* 'Locate'/'Identify' your Vessel (it's in there!)

* 'Prepare' your Magnet.

* 'Ignite'/'Activate'/'Amplify' your 'Secret' Fire/Athanor.

PS: I also wish to add that the above is just one perspective among many others.
    I have no intention or desire to 'argue' it.
    You either resonate with it, or you don't - and it's OK, either way
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 11-01-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post

* 'Ignite'/'Activate'/'Amplify' your 'Secret' Fire/Athanor.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello, just needing a quick refresh on my terminology... Is an athanor an oven, veil piercing device/sword, both, or neither??
    Still Searching.............

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    Hello, just needing a quick refresh on my terminology... Is an athanor an oven, veil piercing device/sword, both, or neither??
    Athanor:

In alchemy, an athanor is a furnace used to provide heat for alchemical digestion. An athanor is a self-feeding furnace, designed to maintain a uniform temperature.
    The athanor was also called Piger Henricus ("Slow Harry"), because it was chiefly used in slower operations, and because when once filled with coals, it keeps burning a long time. For this reason the Greeks referred to it as "giving no trouble", as it did not need to be continually attended. It was also called the Philosophical furnace, Furnace of Arcana, or popularly, the Tower furnace.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanor

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

+ Reply to Thread