Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Blog Entries
    I'm glad this thread is constantly evolving and taking such refreshing directions. WOW! We're past the 500 post mark! I think it's a record

The practical applications (of what we are currently bringing to the table here) can be very lucrative, and this is definitely (relatively) closer to my own directions of research than the more 'classical' approaches.

Alfr ~ I don't know where the picture is from, but it resonates with what you quoted from Bacstrom's 'Aphorisms and Process', as well as with the M.P. Hall version of 'Chemical Moonshine' (brought up by True Puffer, I think). And yes, it relates to what we call 'corporification' of this Spirit. It's certainly not a 'new' concept. If we cross-examine ideas by the more 'fringe' (and spiritually oriented) scientific geniuses (like Russel, Tesla, etc...) with concepts from researchers and Alchemists like Danae Harding and Solzaref (among others), we can come to very constructive conclusions. And even these conclusions need to be taken further and 'rectified' to achieve 'Something Of Value' in our practical Work.

The first picture was sent to me by an Alchemist Friend via Skype, while we were discussing the RAMifications of this subject more in depth. I don't know the source, I'm not much interested either, but I could ask him next time we speak.

Dendritic Xylem ~ First, I'm glad to see you back here, after being gone for a while

The picture only came with a number, so I renamed it 'Old Sparkie' (like the electric chair ) - the 'reasoning' being that what brings 'death' can also revive . It's cool that your synchronistic follow-up brought you to Franklin and those insights, I'll be sure to read the entire article you've linked to, when I get back from work.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Solazaref worked with a tower, where copper antennae and lightning rods pointing to the sky, all connected to a big copper wire, going down into the tower, and being connected to a crucible, sealed, containing a matter.

He puts himself into a Faraday cage, and waits for the lightning, then, when the discharge happens, the matter is in a plasma state and generally transmuted into something else - if the crucible do not explode.

I heard he goes out of the cage exhausted.

Some, also use almost the same principle in via seca, putting a sealed crucible into a reactive agent, firing the whole thing, a little like thermite reaction. Generally the matter is found is needles, crystallized and transmuted into various metals if the matter inside was a metal. But we are no more in the SM field here, butI guessed it was good to be mentioned anyway.

Anyway, we are here in the old fantasmas of "electricity if life", look at Dr Frankenstein and the monster ! A vile body, dead, receiving a spark of life ...

Last edited by Salazius; 02-26-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Adding infos
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    About Chemical Moonshine, there are almost three versions.

The RAMS one, without the "Process".

Bacstrom one, translated by himself from german. Containing interesting things about electricity, thunder, etc, and its relationship to Niter, sulfur and alkali. Few interesting variations in the process of attraction, compared to the web version of C.Moonshine, where the process is not translated in the same way, but 90% saying the same thing.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    I think this work might explain more about Alchemy than 99% of Alchemical manuscripts.

http://books.google.com/books/reader...=gbs_atb_hover

The Vital Force = uncondensed SM
    Does it not?
    One of the first enlightening posts in this thread. The rest was just... I don't even know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    I think this work might explain more about Alchemy than 99% of Alchemical manuscripts.

http://books.google.com/books/reader...=gbs_atb_hover
    The PDF version can be downloaded HERE.

(It may take a while to load. There's a download button on the page.)

Crestind-- Thank you for the compliment, but in my opinion there are at least half a dozen VERY enlightening posts sprinkled throughout the thread.

Androgynus-- Good idea posting a pdf link. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Just fyi, the google books link and the pdf are two different translations.

Google link
    If we make downward passes with strong magnets, having a supporting power of about 10 lbs., along the persons of from 15 to 20 individuals, but without touching them, we shall always find one or perhaps more among the number, who feel affected thereby in a peculiar manner.
    PDF
    If a strong magnet, capable of supporting about ten pounds, be drawn downward over the bodies of 15 or 20 persons, without actually touching them, some among them will always be found to be excited by it in a peculiar manner.

The pdf version looks to be better english.
    I was lucky enough to get an original hardback book of the google version.
    160 years old, and I paid less than 1$ per year.

Haven't had time to fully compare the two versions. I hope neither is missing anything.
    Last edited by Dendritic Xylem; 03-02-2013 at 06:11 PM.

None of us could live without it and the more of it an object contains the more it shines. Capturing and manipulating the life force would be the primary interest for the majority of us here. About eight years ago I was studying a direct knowledge form of spirituality and it taught me about observing nature. The more you are in tune with nature the more aware of life force one can become. Many people are so toxic from unclean lifestyles such as fast food and pollution they get used to the poison rather than the cure. A simple detox from such things can let one appreciate nature from a more hermetic view and increase the power of their alchemy work. One also needs to detox from society itself sometimes. Now I'll follow with a small bit about the nature of a magnet.

The way I see it there are two types of fish in the pond of about equal number. The orange fish and the blue fish. At one point both fish leave the pond and enter a connected stream, becoming more mobile. The orange fish has a far greater potential than the other, but most of it's members swim downstream since it's easy. There are a few fish of that orange half who swim upstream. Upstream the water is thicker and much more pleasant but also comes with risks that some simply can't handle. It's not to say that the blue fish who have the lesser potential are inferior, they simply don't have the means to the same end as the orange fish. Orange fish who swim downstream and blue fish are still capable but if they were to attempt a grand art it would not be as easy as it will be for the orange fish who swims upstream.
    Last edited by Lunsola; 03-19-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: TMI

Thanks Androgynus for the engraving & pdf. I'm glad that the largest thread talks about the SM, 500 posts of this topic is simply amazing. I'm sure that no other forums in the net has so many posts talking about this subject.
    The ida of a relationship between electricity and the SM is very plausible as SM needs the motion factor to manifest. While as all kinds of invisible or 'meta-physical' phenomena are commonly associated with force fields, such as electro-magnetic or even radio-active (in minimal portions obviously). SM seems to be more manifest in mountain areas, where static electricity fields are particularly strong and cosmo-telluric forces more active.
    Lunsola, the best way to ovserve nature is by contrasting an insane area and insane life style with the purest ones. Many people having the healthiest of lifes are not in tune with nature at all. The best way of seing things is from the outside, just like we can only see what earth looks like from out space or ourselves through a mirror. That's why I thing that the best observers are those who live in urban or industrial areas and make regular trips to the countryside to compare. One enters in higher symbiosis-tune with the forces of nature when is used of the void of the depressing-contaminated areas. It has alot to do with the theory that you cannot fill a glass that is already full, you can only do it from emptyness and then change to the richest of manifestations.

Arrakis

Quote Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
    Lunsola, the best way to observe nature is by contrasting an insane area and insane life style with the purest ones.
    Depends on what one considers to be insane and what actually constitutes pureness. I've noticed a lot of people who say they observe nature actually do not. They merely think about it in their minds and consider it while going over it in their memories(or other people's studies) to be 'observing'. Few people correctly observe nature or learn anything worthwhile at all.

Many people having the healthiest of lives are not in tune with nature at all.
    Then perhaps they are not living the healthiest of lifestyles. Most people very serious about living healthy do so because they at least partially understand why it's healthy. This being why people interested in health know so much about diet drinks, hfcs, msg, or anything else unnatural or man made. The general rule would be "the more processed the food the unhealthier it is". Granted there are exceptions to this. Also one does not have to live a healthy lifestyle to succeed in alchemy but it couldn't hurt.

To live the "healthiest of lives" one must truly be in tune with nature. If one were truly in tune with nature one would know what constitutes healthy and what does not. There are reasons why the healthiest diets get results. Serious lab alchemy isn't the only subject that gets dismissed or ignored by the majority. Being able to do the research on what's really healthy isn't that hard. Being able to stick to it is a bit harder but not impossible. Many people are too addicted to their big macs to care either way.

Mod Note: Spin-Off thread created to further discuss the above topic: Healthy Lifestyle: An Open Discussion

SM seems to be more manifest in mountain areas, where static electricity fields are particularly strong and cosmo-telluric forces more active.
    I've found that where I live there are six good months for collecting and six not as good for collecting. Beyond that it helps to be closer to the equator in an area than isn't barren. It's not really that big of a deal unless you're in a really bad place. And even then you still should be able to do it. You don't need to have everything be perfect to have success. You can either capture spiritus mundi or you can not.

On a side note I will say this. If there are different ways to do something then there are most likely more optimal ways to do it and that holds true for alchemy as well.
    Last edited by Andro; 03-23-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Spin-Off Thread Topic Management

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Solazaref worked with a tower, where copper antennae and lightning rods pointing to the sky, all connected to a big copper wire, going down into the tower, and being connected to a crucible, sealed, containing a matter.

He puts himself into a Faraday cage, and waits for the lightning, then, when the discharge happens, the matter is in a plasma state and generally transmuted into something else - if the crucible do not explode.
    [. . .]
    Anyway, we are here in the old fantasmas of "electricity if life", look at Dr Frankenstein and the monster ! A vile body, dead, receiving a spark of life ...
    Interesting that the idea of electricity has come up, as on and off I have been reading Electrons: The Building Blocks of the Universe by the Ascended Masters. To quote in part:

CREATING THE PERMANENT ATOM
    An Instruction by the Beloved Paul the Venetian

I beg you take my notes in consecutive order, for they are like the scientific steps in a chemical process, none of which may be omitted in order to have a successful achievement. They represent the action of the Holy Spirit and must not be considered as entertainment or mere accretion of useless knowledge. I expect every student to study and make this instruction a part of himself that the hue and cry about precipitation may be stilled and this law be utilized to the fulfillment of the divine plan. Neither breathing nor walking nor any other process of living can be accomplished in a haphazard manner, nor can the laws that govern the universe be applied by mere wishful thinking or wild ejaculations or incomplete application of cosmic principle.

PRELIMINARY DEFINITIONS
    1. THE PERMANENT ATOM -- a nucleus of the physical form.
    Some time back Kuthumi mentioned the projection of the permanent atom into the mental form of the desired precipitation. This permanent atom is the nucleus--the cohesive power--around which the electronic substance is drawn to create the perfect physical form required.
    2. THE ELECTRONIC LIGHT -- the universal light substance unformed, but intelligent. The electronic light to which we refer, which fills the universe, contains within itself a central core of blue-white flame.
    3. THE CREATIVE POWER -- the Godhead, the Three-fold Flame.
    The GODHEAD is the creative activity of life--the Threefold Flame, the triple activity: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and this is the ONLY creative power in the universe.

PLEASE RE-STUDY the above paragraphs until you can differentiate between the CREATIVE POWER and the LIGHT SUBSTANCE, which is the essence that obeys and becomes the clothing of the creative flame.

4. The great THREEFOLD FLAME may multiply itself without limit and form points of consciousness anywhere in the universe. Whether it is the Godhead direct (the Solar Logoi) or whether it is a spark from the Godhead--the mighty I AM Presence in the individual--this makes no difference. The fire of creation is equally powerful whether it is in the heart of the Great Central Sun or in the heart of man in the gutter.
    and if interested, more on the Solar Logoi can be found here:
    http://www.ascension-research.org/logoi.html
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread