Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Here is the recipe:

I think that this operation can be shortened by using concave mirrors to concentrate Sunlight and the water cooled in a ice bath or even better use ice instead of water!

Very valuable information about the importance of Solar light in Alchemy can be found here
    Thanks T.P.

As a general statement to the forum, this is the most open, useful and relevant information on this subject (Spiritus Mundi) that I've seen so far. I would have also liked to see some (actually ANY) philosophical discussion on the Spiritus Mundi quotes that I provided earlier (which I thought was one of the key goals of this discussion), but I must have been mistaken.

It seems that most practical discussions often get lost in endless, purely chemical recipes or interpretations (rather than alchemical or even archemical processes or interpretations), and that true "philosophical" discussions rarely happen - most seem to mistake "philosophical discussion" for the provision of the most obscure hints possible or long-winded, childish "guessing games" to processes than may have no relevance to alchemy at all. We are always to take the credibility of the providers of these nebulous "hints" for granted, and waste valuable time on hints that are often no more helpful than the numerous hints already provided in the numerous treatises that are readily available. And all on the unquantified 'faith' that these people really do know what they are talking about and have actually made the PS rather than BS. :-)

I believe that a true philosophical discussion on "Spiritus Mundi" should at least focus on the nature of light as the old alchemists viewed it, and how that light interacted with Nature (the four elements) to 'animate' it, or 'give it life'. As I mentioned earlier, if we are really interested in a truly open philosophical discussion (rather than an egotistical battle of who can provide the most obscure hint), there are numerous additional citations that could be provided, which could help shed some more "light" on this subject. Also, as T.P. has done, there are some very good practical experiments on how to test and interpret the meaning of these old philosophical writings.

I feel that being completely open in a philosophical discussion on the Spiritus Mundi does not necessarily violate any pledge to alchemical secrecy (there are enough secrets in the practical processes themselves so that the preparation of the PS is not freely given away to those who do not deserve the knowledge). The old alchemists were always completely open in the philosophical part of their treatises (at least according to the understanding of those times), and expected the novice to have a complete understanding of philosophical aspects and processes of Nature before entering the laboratory and focusing entirely on the practical work.

I feel that it's the attainment of the philosophical understanding itself that should make a novice worthy of the next step, which is to observe and test this understanding in a lab (the smaller world). The ability to solve riddles should not be the key test of a person's potential alchemical worth. Rather, it should be his or her ability to observe, understand and have intense awe for, the interaction between the visible and invisible processes of Nature.

At least that's my opinion, but I'm certainly open to other views.

FomSigismond Bacstrom, Rosicrucian Aphorisms and Process:

In Nomine Dei Omnipotentis, qui nobis elementia sua tanta Dona largiri voluit! Cui sit gloria et laus sempereternus. Amen.

Aphorismi

Operis Maximi Antiquorum Sapientium

1 ~ The soul of Man as well as all rational Spirits (the Angels) consist (according to their primitive Essence) of the Spirit of the World or Anima Mundi and the power of reasoning. They are Unities and most simple, and consequently in their very essence immortal.

2 ~ In the Beginning God created the Universal Spirit or the Universal Agent of Nature, the Soul of the Universe.

This is the first emanation of Divine Light; it is a unity and immortal, capable of manifesting itself, when moved or agitated, into Light and Fire. It is multipliable and yet is and remains but one. It is Omnipresent and yet occupies no visible space or room, except when manifested or multiplied in its third principle, Fire.

It has the power of becoming material and of returning again to universality.

This is the subject of the Stone or Medicine of the Philosophers. The more you take this in its simple, universal, unspecified or unmarried state, the easier, simpler and greater is your work, but the more this subject is already specified the more troublesome prolix and expensive is your process.

3 ~ Our Magnet to attract it (although every subject in Nature is Magnetical) is Man, and principally (Hadamah, the Dust, red earth of Man), which in the months of March, April and May, the Sun in Aries and Taurus is abundantly found in the blood of a healthy man; the Spirit of the Universe during this season residing therein most abundantly, universally and unspecified.

Hadamah signifies the first man Adam or Red Earth, which appears when the subject is dried up. In Hadamah lies concealed the blood that precious fluid wherein dwells the Universal Spirit, attracted by inspiration, and the Dust of the Red Earth, left by itself when the Universal fire nature quits it.
    This Universal Fire is truly Nature.
    I.A.C.

From Benedictus Figulus, A Golden and Blessed Casket of Nature's Marvels:

Aristotle says that every form of every nature, animal, vegetable, and mineral, is produced by the power
    of matter, intrinsically, except the Human Soul, which, being of a different and higher nature than matter,
    is given, extrinsically, by the Prime Motor, God Himself. It is this thing concerning which, all theologians
    and physicians disputing, nevertheless mostly conclude the Soul of man to be not produced from a germ,
    but, as it were, to be inspired and poured into the foetus in its mother’s womb, by God the Author of all
    life.
    But, since two different things cannot be mixed or joined into one, and the Soul being a certain Divine
    light and substance, emanating immortal from Divine springs, so produced, incorporeally, that it is
    dependent on the virtue of the Agent, no on the bosom of matter, the same is a primum mobile, and. As
    they say, spontaneous and self-moving: And, on the other hand, the Body is wholly earthly matter,
    having its origin in gross, rank. Elementary matter, mortal of itself, unfit for motion, and therefore far
    inferior to the Soul; wherefore it can never be united to the Soul, so different from itself, except through
    a third, a medium participating in the nature of each, a quasi-body and quasi-soul, by which the Soul may
    be added and joined to the Body.
    But such medium they suppose to be the Spirit or Soul of the World, i.e., what we call Fifth Essence,
    because it consists not of the four elements, but is a certain fifth one, above and beside them. Such Spirit
    necessarily requires, as it were, a binding chain, whereby Celestial Souls may bestow on grosser bodies
    strength and wondrous gifts; as also God and Man cannot be united except through a Medium, our
    Savior Christ, participating in the two natures, Celestial and Terrestrial, Divine and Human. But this
    spirit is of the same form in the greater world as in the lesser, i.e., the human body, our spirit, which
    arises from the former, and is with it one and the same spirit.
    For, as the forces of our soul are through the natural spirit applied to the members, so is the virtue of the
    World’s soul diffused through all things by the same spirit, or fifth essence. For the life and forces of all
    inferior species, which philosophers are wont to call souls or lives, are distributed by that ethereal or
    celestial spirit throughout all the elements, as it were, by the members, into the body of the Universal
    World, first by God Himself, then by intelligent beings, then by the stars, and lastly by the Sun, as it were
    the Heart of Heaven. And again, this Spirit being taken away, bodies return to that whence they came;
    and thus the Human Soul, according to the Platonic School, proceeding from Highest Heaven, from God
    Himself, is, by proper media, joined to our viler body. In that first descent, also, the soul is enfolded in the
    ethereal and ardent corpuscle which they call the ethereal vehicle of the Soul, while we name it the Spirit
    of the World and Fifth Essence. Through this medium, by command of God, Who is the Centre of the
    greater world, the Soul descends and is poured into the heart, which is the center of the lesser world i.e.,
    the human body), and from thence is diffused through all the parts and members of its body, when,
    joining its vehicle (or chariot) to natural heat, through the spiritual heat born in the heart, the Soul is
    immersed in the blood, and by it equally diffused in the members. Thus it is patent how the Immortal Soul
    is enclosed in this viler body, viz., by means of the ethereal vehicle. But when the bonds between the
    Celestial Soul and natural vital spirit are loosened by disease, then the Soul, withdrawing from the
    members, flows back to the heart, the first receptacle of Soul and Life. From the heart, the Soul, leaving
    the vital natural spirit, flies away with its vehicle into the Heavens, when, being followed by guardian
    genii and demons, they lead it before the Judge. Then, according to the Sentence, God joyfully conducts
    the good souls to glory, but a raging demon snatches away the bad to punishment. And the Body returns
    to the earth whence it came. Thus man dies. Hence it is plain that the daily preserving of the Soul in the
    body --- that is, our life --- and the avoiding of diseases, and that the greatest dissolution of Soul and
    Body, called death, depend on the vehicle of the Soul, viz., the Celestial and our natural Spirit, and so the
    same has been by various authors called by different names. Some term it Spirit or Soul of the World,
    others Celestial Fire, others again Vital Spirit, Natural Heat, by which nothing else is denoted than that
    oft mentioned Spirit of things celestial and inferior, the gluten of Body and Soul. On examining the thing
    more fully, this is simply the heat and humour of Sun and Moon, for we know the administration of the
    Heavens and all bodies under the Heavens to be appointed to the Sun and Moon; the Sun is the Lord of al
    virtues of the elements; the Moon, by virtue of the Sun, the mistress of generation, of increase and
    decrease. Hence Albumansar says that life is poured into all things through the Moon and Sun; and
    therefore they are called by Orpheus the vivifying eyes of Heaven. Whence also the saying --- the Sun
    and man generate man; for the Sun sits as a King among the planets, in magnitude, beauty, and light
    excelling all, illuminating all, dispensing virtue to them as well as to inferior things, and abundantly
    bestowing light and life, not only in Heaven and the Air, but also in the earth and profoundest depths of
    the Abyss. Whatever good we possess is from the Sun whence Heraclitus deservedly calls it the Fount of
    Heavenly Light, and many of the Platonic School have located the World’s Soul principally therein,
    which Soul, filling the Sun’s whole globe, pours its rays (or spirit) everywhere, throughout all things,
    distributing Life, Sense, and Motion to the Universe itself. And as in animate beings the heart rules the
    whole body, so does the Sun rule and govern Heaven and Earth and all that in tem is. But the Moon, the
    Earth’s nearest neighbor, by the velocity of its monthly course, is joined to the Sun and other planets, and
    receiving their rays and influences as in an espousal, and, as it were, bringing forth, communicates to and
    shed upon its near neighbor, the earth, all life and motion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    We are always to take the credibility of the providers of these nebulous "hints" for granted.
    We are not to take anything for granted. Better switch from complaining to discerning. Our 'Inner Hermes' is required for this.

About processes dealing with harnessing the rays of the visible sun via lenses/mirrors: To the best of my knowledge (based on some handwritten documents from the era), these were known as 'optical/caloric' methods in the 16th-17th centuries, and may occasionally result in powders with some healing abilities. However: Not only according to my own understanding and practice, but also according to the most purist 'source materials', when working on the artistic condensation of Spiritus Mundi, we are NOT dealing with the light of the visible sun.

If anything, vulgar sunlight should be rather detrimental to the first phases of condensation - the Lunar Stage of 'Common Mercury' (Immaterial >>>Vapor >>> Water), and this is also backed up by the more purist 'source material'. I'm sure you all know the relevant quotes by heart... Neither is the visible light reflected by the physical moon necessary for the Lunar Stage of the manifestation.

It's Father is The Sun, It's Mother is The Moon
    By this we are guided to understand the 'parental' function of polarity interplay, that I've been talking about in another post. This polarity interplay is THE key to creating artificial 'backdoor' gateways for Spiritus Mundi to be driven from it's immaterial habitat and ex-creted into our physical realm in undetermined form, especially since the Original Archetypal Polarities (Nothing/Something) lie at the very core of the mystery of Perpetual Genesis and of the Generation of Spiritus Mundi via the tension between Oppo-Sames (symbolized by the sign of the cross).

The ability to solve riddles should not be the key test of a person's potential alchemical worth.
    Rather, it should be his or her ability to observe, understand and have intense awe for, the interaction between the visible and invisible processes of Nature.
    The ability to observe and understand these interactions causes the 'riddles' to no longer be riddles.

WITHOUT this ability, the 'riddles' are unsolvable anyway, so there isn't really a 'test' - only means to try and trigger/activate our 'Inner Hermes/Observer'.

WITH this ability, there are no riddles to be solved - so there are also no 'tests', but rather ways of sharing with other Observers...

IMO

Then, according to the Sentence, God joyfully conducts the good souls to glory, but a raging demon snatches away the bad to punishment.
    On the lower astral planes, this is actually a quite common occurrence for 'departed' spirits who still hold on to these particular belief systems.
    Fortunately, we all move beyond these religious/cultural induced traps, eventually...

However, this could also be interpreted as an allegory for the Philosophical Art of Separation of the pure from the impure, of the subtle (spirit) from the gross (matter).
    ✂-----------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 05-10-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Better switch from complaining to discerning.
    Don't worry - I do a lot of discerning. The "complaint" was just an honest observation.

However: Not only according to my own understanding and practice, but also according to the most purist 'source materials', when working on the artistic condensation of Spiritus Mundi, we are NOT dealing with the light of the visible sun.
    According to the alchemists I have read, it is not just the "light" from the visible sun, but also the reflected "light" from the Moon and the "light" from the stars. In addition, there is a "light"emanating from the center of the earth.
    By this we are guided to understand the 'parental' function of polarity interplay, that I've been talking about in another post. This polarity interplay is THE key to creating artificial 'backdoor' gateways for Spiritus Mundi to be driven from it's immaterial habitat and ex-creted into our physical realm in undetermined form, especially since the Original Archetypal Polarities (Nothing/Something) lie at the very core of the mystery of Perpetual Genesis and of the Generation of Spiritus Mundi via the tension between Oppo-Sames (symbolized by the sign of the cross).
    Interesting concept. Can you provide some original sources which elaborate on this theory?

The ability to observe and understand these interactions causes the 'riddles' to no longer be riddles.
    Then what is the point of riddles in the first place? Wouldn't it be more productive to focus on the interactions themselves?

WITHOUT this ability, the 'riddles' are unsolvable anyway, so there isn't really a 'test'
    I wasn't referring to intrinsic tests - I was referring to the biased judgements often made by those who present themselves as Adepts to the novices.

Fortunately, we all move beyond these religious/cultural induced traps, eventually...
    I would hope so, but there still seem to be billions in the world who haven't yet seemed to have let go.

I would hope so, but there still seem to be billions in the world who haven't yet seemed to have let go.
    To quantify this statement, some sources state that about 4.5 billion people on earth belong to either the Christian, Islamic or Hindu faith. About 1.1 billion people claim some sort of "nonreligious" affiliation.

Blog Entries
    According to the alchemists I have read, it is not just the "light" from the visible sun, but also the reflected "light" from the Moon and the "light" from the stars.
    In addition, there is a "light"emanating from the center of the earth.
    This 'Light' is in fact the Spirit which is enabled to act upon matter via 'Gateways' provided by bodies such as the ones you mentioned.

When harnessing the physical sun via optical means, I believe we are dealing with Spirit that is already specified to visible light and to heat.

I was tempted to conduct some 'opticalorical' experiments in the past, but something happened that entirely deconstructed and subsequently re-formed my perspective and my practical applications.

Interesting concept. Can you provide some original sources which elaborate on this theory?
    I am not aware of any 'original' sources elaborating on this more than the sources we are already familiar with. I'll see if I can find anything...
    But not everything is elaborated upon in texts... unless we also count Nature as our textbook and our 'Inner Hermes' as our torch/guiding light to illuminate its pages.

Also, quoting myself from another thread:

"The Universal Key to the Art is the Revelation concerning the Mystery of Genesis, which needs to be completely internalized, not only mentally, but also emotionally, with one's whole being.
    This cannot be 'taught', it needs to come from within. Theorizing and arguing about it serves no purpose, since one simply KNOWS.

It is the kind of revelation which is very difficult to contain and process by most people, and even if understood to some degree without the ability to fully process it internally, it can really mess up one's mind and lead to an extremely disturbing experience if one is not 'ready'. One should also be careful not to confuse KNOWING with religious or scientific dogma or belief. Such confusion places one at the level of a 'False Summit', and more often than not this results in internal friction, which in turn is subconsciously 'repressed' in order to preserve the belief system."
    

...those who present themselves as Adepts to the novices.
    This is an age-old pathology. As long as there are novices, there will be charlatans to take advantage of them, or, even worse, the 'False Summit' types and their good intentions.
    This is very unfortunate, but it's part of the game and a great terrain for (sometimes hard) lessons in discernment.

[...] some sources state that about 4.5 billion people on earth belong to either the Christian, Islamic or Hindu faith.
    About 1.1 billion people claim some sort of "nonreligious" affiliation.
    It is also possible to 'let go' after departing the physical body, and for some, even after departing the astral plane.
    It doesn't have to occur while physically incarnated, and for most - it doesn't, as per the above mentioned statistical sources.
    However, eventually, we DO all move on... It's inevitable
    Last edited by Andro; 05-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.

This 'Light' is in fact the Spirit which is enabled to act upon matter via 'Gateways' provided by bodies such as the ones you mentioned.

When harnessing the physical sun via optical means, I believe we are dealing with Spirit that is already specified to visible light and to heat.
    I agree with both these statements.

I was tempted to conduct some 'opticalorical' experiments in the past, but something happened that entirely deconstructed and subsequently re-formed my perspective and my practical applications.
    Can you elaborate? The experience must have been quite profound.

I'll see if I can find anything..

Thank you.

But not everything is elaborated upon in texts... unless we also count Nature as our textbook and our 'Inner Hermes' as our torch/guiding light to illuminate its pages.
    That's often the best teacher(s). However, many of the past sages state that Alchemy involves a unique process unknown to Science that Nature cannot do herself. Thus it must be learned either through a profound, inspired revelation or through the assistance of another who has previously gained this knowledge.

Also, quoting myself from another thread:

The Universal Key to the Art is the Revelation concerning the Mystery of Genesis
    Several past alchemists have mentioned this. They see a lot of parallels between the story of Genesis and Alchemy. But with all such stories, they are very open to interpretation, and are often more useful in hindsight than in foresight.

This is very unfortunate, but it's part of the game and a great terrain for (sometimes hard) lessons in discernment.
    The lesson can be quite painful, especially to those who like to remain positive and see "good" in people of similar interest. The discernment seems to extend to many past treatises as well.

It is also possible to 'let go' after departing the physical body, and for some, even after departing the astral plane.
    It doesn't have to occur while physically incarnated, and for most - it doesn't, as per the above mentioned statistical sources.
    However, eventually, we DO all move on... It's inevitable
    There are many who believe that we keep returning to the earthly realm after death in subsequent incarnations, until certain lessons have been learned and the personality has evolved spiritually.

According to the doctrine of the alchemists, Spiritus Mundi is that universal agent in Nature which promotes the growth of all living beings. That means that Spiritus Mundis is something different and not the same thing with the common mercury / first solvent of the alchemists and we don't acquire that Spiritus Mundi under a liquid form, nor in the beginning nor in any other phase of the practice, as the author of this topic seems to affirm.

As Spiritus Mundi is that agent which promotes the growth of all natural things, it is easy to understand that to capture/attract it, it is essential to use a proper magnet, and this magnet is only one and at the same time many magnets, and is the spore inside its proper matrix. Plant spore in the soil is such a magnet. Male sperm in female womb is such a magnet. The metallic spore in its proper matrix is such a magnet. At the first two cases, which concerns living beings, Nature is able to capture Spiritus Mundi by herself. That doesn't happen in the third case, so the Artist has to kill the living to revive the dead.

And when the Artist has reached the point where the attraction of Spiritus Mundi has taken place, he shall not see some special liquid or water in his vial, but a growing process which obeys to a fundamental natural law, symbolized under the Greek letter X. Fulcanelli, in his Dwellings, analyzed in great depth that essential point of the practice. When this has taken place the old authors says that the Stone has acquired a Soul. "At that phase of the Work", says Philalethes, "you shall see your Mercury sprout and grow like a tree". Bernard, earl of Trevisan, affirms the same thing. And not only like a tree, but like the nervous or circulatory system of an animal, and any other system which acts like a circuit for the circulation of the vital fluids.

So the first thing which the Artist must seek is that special solvent / common mercury of the alchemists (work of Nature) which is not Spiritus Mundi under a liquid form. He has to accomplish his philosophical dissolution with this solvent to extract the spore out of the metallic body and, following the example of the farmer, plant this spore to its suitable earth (work of Art). After that he has to let Nature accomplish the capturing of Spiritus Mundi and the growing of the new formed body. Philalethes says that, Trevisan says that, Fulcanelli says that, and especially Nature and the Hermetical law of analogy teaches this to us everyday. That is the truth and the only truth.

Blog Entries
    Hi Hellin Hermetist,

Quote Originally Posted by Hellin Hermetist View Post
    According to the doctrine of the alchemists, Spiritus Mundi is that universal agent in Nature which promotes the growth of all living beings.
    Not merely 'growth', but the entire cycle of generation, preservation, destruction and regeneration.

That means that Spiritus Mundi is something different and not the same thing with the common mercury / first solvent of the alchemists.
    I disagree. I perceive 'Common Mercury' as Universal (common) Spirit in its First/Initial/Lunar/Passive/'Needy'/'Thirsty' incarnational phase.

The Lunar (Spirit/Mercury) Principle is SO 'needy' for the Solar (Soul/Sulfur) Principle that it will feed/fuse itself with anything that comes along. See the 'Universal Harlot' concept.

The most interesting part is that if it doesn't 'get some', it will make it's own, and THEN 'eat it'... but not without tension/resistance... Here, we are really touching upon the Mystery of Genesis...

we don't acquire that Spiritus Mundi under a liquid form, nor in the beginning nor in any other phase of the practice
    The Vapor/Water is an Incarnational Matrix for the undetermined (and at first extremely volatile) Spirit to incarnate (become fixed) in corporeal form.

The 'Immaterial >>> Vapor >>> Water' sequence is also referred to in the sourced quotes from the earlier posts of this thread.

The liquid matrix may be deemed 'superfluous', and dispensed of at one stage or another (depending on how we work).

"My water just broke!" - - - The 'baby' is 'fixed'
    So the first thing which the Artist must seek is that special solvent / common mercury of the alchemists (work of Nature)
    If you have found the common mercury/universal solvent readily available via the works of un-aided Nature, you know more than I do, and I can not possibly argue with that statement.

He has to accomplish his philosophical dissolution with this solvent to extract the spore out of the metallic body
    This is certainly possible and a valid way to Work. However, it can over-complicate things... The most 'difficult' part about The Work is its simplicity.

Not many are aware that the Lunar incarnational phase moves by itself to the Solar birth (self-impregnation via auto-feedback), resulting in the Hermaphrodite (BOTH So(u)l AND Luna in the flask).

When this has taken place the old authors says that the Stone has acquired a Soul
    This most likely also refers to the above mentioned Solar Birth (the 'Virgin' Birth of the Solar Child/Side, the emergence of the First Sulfur from the 'Mercurial Sea', when the 'Male' side emerges from the self-impregnating Passive Principle). This is the incarnational phase of the Hermaphrodite, when the matter has a 'female' side and a 'male' side. It is marked by a change in color.

This is an Image Excerpt describing the Hermaphrodite Incarnational Stage:

"The Undetermined Tears of Diana, after Apollo has appeared." (Urbigerus)
    This finally leads to the Alchemical Marriage, evetually resulting in the Philosophical Androgyne.

The marriage is marked by the Sulfur/Solar Child being 'killed'/'devoured' by its 'Maternal Bride' while the relationship is 'consummated'/'consumed'.

This 'consummation' signals the Black Stage (NO putrefaction before Sulfur is present), followed by the sequence of colors we are all familiar with, ending with the Homogeneous Androgyne.

This Homogeneous Androgyne is no longer an internally self-antagonizing and polarity-split Hermaphrodite. I hope I've explained the difference clearly enough.

I can't stress enough the importance of understanding this Incarnational Sequence.

This Philosophical Sequence not only happens in the flask of the Alchemist, but in our spiritual lives as well, as we undergo our correspondent Initiations. Some of you may know what I am talking about.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, to wrap it up - it is NOT an absolute requirement to extract any spore from a foreign body (even if several Authors discuss this variation).

Ignis et Azoth Tibi Sufficiunt

we don't acquire that Spiritus Mundi under a liquid form, nor in the beginning nor in any other phase of the practice
    Let's not confuse the baby with the bathwater...

Also, it appears that the jury is still out (between various authors) regarding the philosophical definitions of this phenomenon, like for example the 'Golden Chain' previously quoted by Illen:

Thus Humidity or Water is the Body, the Vehicle and Tool, but the spirit or fire is the Operator, the Universal Agent and fabricator of all Natural Things. This universal fire fills that immense space in the Universe between the heavenly bodies, and as it has a power to become material, it generates a subtle vapor or invisible most subtle Humidity, its first passive principle. [...]from fire and water, or spirit enclosed in Humidity all things in the World are generated, preserved, destroyed and regenerated.
    And from 'The Confession of Trithemius':

"This Breath is the Spirit or Soul of the World and is called SPIRITUS MUNDI.

It was at first like air, then condensed into a nebulous substance or fog, and finally transmuted itself into water.

This Spiritual Light which we call Nature or Soul of the World is a spiritual body which may be rendered visible and tangible by Alchemical Processes."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "It is not the Philosopher's Stone, but this may be prepared from it by fixing the volatile."
    That is the truth and the only truth.
    I'm sure it is... for you. Especially if you really, really believe it. But I would be careful with such statements...

I would rather say that IF there is any 'ONLY Truth' - it lies in Principles and Archetypes, for which there can be a wide variety of applications, in Nature as well as in Art.

Or, we could take it even further, even to the extreme, and affirm that there IS NO 'TRUTH'.

That ALL of 'Creation' is actually completely IMAGINARY, a self-invented and auto-propagating LIE that totally believes itself... Including this very statement that I've just stated...

And that there is no NOTHING, but also that only NOTHING is real.

And that at the basis of all possible (and inevitable) realities, lies (!) the most amazing Paradox.

How's that for 'Truth'?

From the movie 'Hurlyburly':

Eddie: "I lie to myself. I'm a really great liar. And I'm very gullible."
    In any case, thank you very much for your input. It IS a philosophical discussion, after all
    Last edited by Andro; 05-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread