Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    This is certainly possible and a valid way to Work. However, it can over-complicate things... The most 'difficult' part about The Work is its simplicity.
    Agreed! ....and also in that it is exceedingly cheap,... everyone is looking for an expensive, and exotic first matter and apparatus to begin their work,...they travel far and wide searching for it and will pay any price instead of first esteeming that stone outside of his own house which "man kicks away with his foot that which could be more valuable to him than his best cow...if only he knew what great mysteries were put into it by God by means of the spirit of nature." The key with this thread and what I believe the originator is trying to accomplish is in understanding how to intercept that said spirit of nature before it goes into said stone and fixes itself therein which only complicates the process as Bacstrom said in the quote above when he said "This is the subject of the Stone or Medicine of the Philosophers. The more you take this in its simple, universal, unspecified or unmarried state, the easier, simpler and greater is your work, but the more this subject is already specified the more troublesome prolix and expensive is your process."...and that can be accomplished by intercepting it and fixing it to itself so that it remains indeterminate and in an unspecified state, in other words pure spiritus mundi or pure nothing or pure consciousness however you want to view it, the classics say it is like a chamelion for it puts on all garments and all colors. Also I agree that to be able to come up with a practical method of condensing it into a tangible form from its universal fuming state we must first learn the basic philosophical and archetypal and elemental tenents that come into play in how it procedes from the astral realm into this one, same goes with the processes and recipes upon vulgar or tangible matters given also in the classics,... instead of following them blindly we must seek to see the spirit behind the letter, and recognize the invisible magnetical processes that is going on, then we must be careful that we "do not kill or eat the messenger"... besides that I see nothing wrong with recipes and said processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Let's not confuse the baby with the bathwater...
    Let's also not toss them out together
    Last edited by rogerc; 05-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerc View Post
    what I believe the originator is trying to accomplish is in understanding how to intercept that said spirit of nature before it goes into said stone and fixes itself therein which only complicates the process [...] and that can be accomplished by intercepting it and fixing it to itself so that it remains indeterminate and in an unspecified state [...] to be able to come up with a practical method of condensing it into a tangible form from its universal fuming state we must first learn the basic philosophical and archetypal and elemental tenents that come into play in how it procedes from the astral realm into this one
    Thank you. This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

we must seek to see the spirit behind the letter, and recognize the invisible magnetical processes that is going on [...] I see nothing wrong with recipes and said processes
    I've started this thread because after all the time I've been working in my lab and participating in Forums (actually, only this Forum...), I have seen how some people either hunt for 'recipes' without any desire to understand the Natural Philosophy in its most naked beauty and simplicity, OR over-complicate (over-specify ) everything when applying their understandings in practical work, or by endless auto-tail-chasing with authorship disputes, collections of books, lineages, methods, psycho-phonetics, etc... I perfectly understand that this is a phase that probably most of us must go through.

Aspiring Alchemists who are ready to move (or have already moved) beyond this phase, ARE the reason I want to keep 'recipes', processes, methods and pseudo-philosophical matters AWAY from this thread, because they can close the mind and the heart when one lacks a solid base in Natural Philosophy. There are more than enough threads to discuss 'recipes' and other such topics. Nothing 'wrong' with that. Just not on this thread. Even better, we can apply what we learn (or UN-Learn) here, when we go to other threads to discuss methods and formulas.

we must be careful that we "do not kill or eat the messenger"
    Ha-ha, you seem to catch the more subtle points

Let's also not toss them out together
    Yeah, that's the whole point of the baby/bathwater analogy...

Blog Entries
    To summarize, so far:

Spiritus Mundi is being pressed/expressed into our physical realm through 'Gateways' created by interaction fields between oppo-same polarities in or between bodies, some better than others.

It incarnates gradually according to a determined sequence: Immaterial > Subtle Vapor/Mist > assuming a Material Matrix (sometimes referred to as 'Our Water' in the so-called 'Wet Way').
    The Female/Passive Principle (Common Mercury) incarnates first, then, if 'caught'/'isolated', it generates the Male/Active Principle by itself via self-impregnation (Auto-Feedback, generating Self-Awareness).
    When the two Principles are side by side in an unmarried state, we have our Hermaphrodite.
    Then, the Marriage takes place, and the subsequent putrefaction and color sequence - death and re-birth into the Androgynous state.

Spiritus Mundi descends from the Celestial Bodies, just as it ascends via the Earth's own Gateways.

We can 'catch' it in either way, if we find the best sources/gateways for Life-Force in Nature, and also (for example) in Hermetic Architecture at times.

Let us then look and observe where Nature generates its strongest and most balanced Fields/Fluxes between the Parental Polarities.
    Let us find Nature's best 'Gateways', so we can either use them or emulate them in our 'Lab' practice.

Why, in various Particulars, involving (for example), rainwater - we are advised to collect the water in conjunction with a thunderstorm?
    Why, in Bacstroms's 'Aphorisms and Process', are we advised to 'electrify' the vessel a few times for better results?

I've been talking a lot about polarity interplay... Go back to the story of the omnipotent Separator, and note well the conditions/circumstances of his appearance.
    Also pay attention to the Knight in the story. And if inclined, check out my last POST in the 'Separator' thread, as it provides an important lead, connecting back to this thread and to Spiritus Mundi in general.

Let us also remember that we are dealing (at first) with extremely subtle and volatile energies, and that vulgar lab operations (such as what we commonly use - distillations, calcinations, etc...) -
    may well be misplaced in our truly Philosophical Practice, which, as many treatises mention, may in fact be one single operation that is NOT performed by hands....
    (IF working the 'Purist Way'), relying on Nature to 'know' the right proportions...



This short summary already covers a great portion of my observations, insights and understandings so far - although there are things that I am (still?) not able to put into words.

I will gladly continue this line if anyone shows any interest in discussing the topics I have brought up and elaborated on so far.

We'll have to see where this is going
    ✂-----------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 05-19-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Hello all!!! It's been a while, as I believe I slipped into a short nigrado phase after my girlfriend(22 years old) was diagnosed with cancer. She had to have her thymus removed and tumors on her heart. She just finished radiation treatment and things are beginning to looking up.

Today is the first day I've read from this forum in a while and I found the recent posts in this thread quite serendipitous since I was just speaking with Dr Milewski through email today about laminar crystals and Super Light. If you read his theories on super light, they seem to parallel many descriptions of spirit mundi. http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/milewski.htm
    Last night I was reading from Regardie's "The Tree of Life" and came across the chapter on The Astral Light, it appears to also be the same substance we are seeking. I believe the same material or rather immaterial has been most commonly referred to as the ether. I could be wrong in my observations, So please correct me if I'm wrong...

P.S. Solomon, pm me with an address to send The Gateway Experience series as I've finally purchased a new computer

Blog Entries
    Spiritus Mundi is being pressed/expressed into our physical realm through 'Gateways' created by interaction fields between oppo-same polarities in or between bodies, some better than others.
    In one experiment, I use two magnets opposing each other in order to create some interesting/abnormal condition in the between and hopefully measure it. I wonder, should I make them face North-North or South-South? Supposedly the North pole projects a stream of "energy" outwards, while the South sucks it in, creating emptiness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    Supposedly the North pole projects a stream of "energy" outwards, while the South sucks it in, creating emptiness.
    I'm not sure about North and South, but the Positive side projects and the Negative side sucks it in.
    In Astrology for example - North is Dark/Lunar/Passive/Negative, while South is the opposite.

I myself have never really experimented with permanent magnets, but I'm sure that facing same polarity sides can give interesting results,
    similar to the infamous counter-rotating fields of the Philadelphia Experiment or other UFO stuff...

This is also not exactly what I had in mind with 'Oppo-Sames' - but this is the beauty of it!
    People can draw their own ideas and applications from studying these principles

I myself am not really knowledgeable on this subject. I guess it's up to you to pursue this line of research
    ✂------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 05-31-2011 at 07:31 PM.

^^ I hear energy flows out of the north pole and into the south pole : http://higherselfguides.com/free-art...h/forgiveness/

Magnetic fields are great for creating a field to capture energy. Magnets and vortex action is how I make my trap-water, the water once spun through the magnetic field is quite energetic and has an oil floating on the top. I hear you can extract this oil with ether and obtain a buttery type of grease. I've even been told that this grease will dissolve gold...

I just watched a dvd on a talk by William Henry called "Anointing of the Dove". In this lecture he spoke alot on alchemy and 2012. His theory is that "The Dove" is the Manna that fell from the sky in the bible and that the Earth is constantly being bombarded with this primal energy that springs forth from a black hole in the center of our galexy. As the alignment nears we will be flooded with more and more of this Manna. The building blocks of the universe.

In the meantime though, we'll still need to find a practical way to capture this material that is at once everything as well as the field that contains it.

Blog Entries
    Whatever it is you guys are experimenting with, in attempting to understand and apply the principles, keep in mind the concept of 'Portal' or 'Gateway' - much like opening a sort of 'window' into matter.

Also keep in mind that Nature's Fields/Portals/Gateways are not quite the same as our more modern developments.

I cordially recommend attempting to understand and internalize the principles, observe carefully how Nature 'does it' and then employ your Art to take it one small step beyond

"One small step for Man..." etc...

(Couldn't help it )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    energy that springs forth from a black hole
    To me (personal view), Black Holes are a more like Remoras than like Salamanders

I would take the theories of Milewski and various 'Black Hole' theories with a grain of salt and a grain of pepper, too.
    As a matter of fact, I would take EVERYTHING with a grain (of something), and ALWAYS use my own discernment.
    Still, I'm sure something may be extracted from these theories, as long as we don't take the whole Lock, Stock and Barrel for granted.

We can't inspect Black Holes in person, but we can definitely observe the mechanics of Natural Cycles here on Earth.

It is for good reason that 'Hermes' Old Nature Way' makes frequent use of the term 'Little Farmer'.

Generally, for myself, I try to apply the K.I.S.S. rule to the best of my ability...

Blog Entries
    Another related Mutus Androgynus:

You may be familiar with both Archetypal Images, but perhaps not juxtaposed like that...

+ Reply to Thread