Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24 64 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 84 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiritus Mundi

Hi Nibiru,

The image was obtained in an unusual concentration in a vortex that I designed following the hermetic principles we all know.

Yes, I advise you to leave in the refrigerator to freeze.

True, the Spiritus Mundi is so specified - not pure - in rainwater, dew, frost, snow, fog, and so on. But there is a way of starting, breast of air, pure way.

Interesting

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Feel free to PM me. Always interested in networking. Don't be shy, dearie.
    http://i.imgur.com/RoTaXgG.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto alchemist View Post
    So...If already have philosophers mercury, then I think part of that theoretical Retilus process is correct. I would tweak it just a little bit like so:

1/ get philosophers mercury
    2/ split into 3 parts: -> 1 part in sunlight until red -> 1 part in moonlight until white -> 1 part heat until powder
    3/ recombine red liquid, white liquid and powder
    4/ sit in the dark and gently heat.
    It was Retilus who gave me the key about spiritus mundi in sunlight turns red, and in moonlight turns white. So even though I don't think very much of him as a person, for his gift I am eternally grateful.
    So, from this, is it the Ph. Mercury or the SM that turns red/white in Sun/Moon?

Also, I don't think philosophical mercury can be acquired from either sea salt or urine.
    I reckon it is extracted from a calcium carbonate source (Eg limestone), using acid and ether.
    But I'm not really sure how to do this. Also note that LeoRetilus himself changed his thinking to later say that limestone is the source of Spiritus Mundi.
    SM is everywhere and in everything. No created thing could 'be' without it. (SM is hereby regarded as UN-Created)

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    So, from this, is it the Ph. Mercury or the SM that turns red/white in Sun/Moon?
    It seems like ghetto alchemist regards the Ph. Mercury and the SM as synonymous, which isn't to be taken too literally. Perhaps the former is analogous to the latter, or a fixed, "materialized" form of it (of course, everything is a materialization of the SM, but in the Ph. Mercury, the SM is in a "freed" condition, so to speak).

SM is everywhere and in everything. No created thing could 'be' without it. (SM is hereby regarded as UN-Created)
    As such, SM has its existence beyond the realm of time. Therefore, there is no need for it to have an origin, as there is nothing that would have come "before."

MS

Andro asked:
    As Michael says...both, because I assume the 2 terms are referring to the same substance.

By philosophical mercury, I mean a substance mentioned in many alchemy texts,
    which has these properties:

- clear and transparent like water
    - very high surface tension
    - very heavy and dense
    - evaporates almost immediately if not stored in airtight container

Would a flask of Spiritus Mundi have the same properties?
    Last edited by ghetto alchemist; 04-24-2016 at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    My attempt to reconcile those 2 possibilities:

The term 'Philosophical Mercury' is generally also known as (or interchangeable with) 'Alkahest' or even 'Philosophical Spirit of Wine' in some cases.

The 'Alkahest' (or 'SVP'), in its more 'classical' view, contains a (usually 'chymical') Spirit which serves as a 'carrier' for the SM 'passenger' (the more 'passenger', the better).

The 'Alkahest' also contains the volatile parts of the 'Philosophical Earth', meaning the Volatile/Volatilized Salts ('Lac Virginis' in some texts) and the Volatile Sulfur ('Green Lion' in some texts), which could be interpreted as the volatile/unfixed components of the 2 Central Fires in the Matter (Lunar and Solar). Those two components are eventually made ONE along with the third component, the SM passenger-carrying Spirit, hence the Alkahest eventually becomes one inseparable entity (ONE THING out of three). This might be the effect of the SM (contained in the 'spirit' part) 'taking up' (or 'subliming', or 'awakening') the unfixed parts of the 2 dormant Central Fires and transforming them into its own nature. In classical nomenclature, this stage would sometimes correspond with 'The First Rotation'.

In case we are dealing with 'Pure SM' (as in the case mentioned by Leo Retilus, according to Getto Alchemist), the Central Fires might be rendered via lunar/solar exposure and subsequently unified into one inseparable entity. This paragraph is only speculation on my part, as I haven't been working this way.

Regarding acids, they can be useful to alter/decompose/break down the initial matter, making it ready for 'extraction', eventually by means of another Spirit (SM carrier, if we want to go beyond simple Spagyrics).

In some plant work I've done, the potash was first 'treated' with Radical Vinegar, but then 'extracted'/sublimated with another type of prepared Spirit altogether (not Alcohol or Acid or Ether).

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 04-24-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    By philosophical mercury, I mean a substance mentioned in many alchemy texts, which has these properties:

- clear and transparent like water
    - very high surface tension
    - very heavy and dense
    - evaporates almost immediately if not stored in airtight container
    Could you please mention which texts have you found that contain the above description of 'Philosophical Mercury'?

I have never encountered such a description of Ph. Mercury.

Could you please mention which texts have you found that contain the above description of 'Philosophical Mercury'?

Of the four characteristics mentioned, I only recall having heard the last one. Supposedly, the Count of St Germain demonstrated to Casanova his knowledge of Alchemy by opening a bottle containing Philosophical Mercury which then vanished at once.

The path of Nav... ! Which nobody has been able to replicate and Nav evaporated almost immediately once we started to test what he described.

+ Reply to Thread