Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Mysteries in Limestone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Well, I've ingested the calcium hypochlorite in gel caps as Jim Humble recommends.
    I like it - feels really clean. The first one you feel the most, then, if you're not really sick I imagine,
    you get used to it pretty quick. But i was really surprised at first. Felt it even on my brain and in my cells - effervescent!

I didn't do the whole "Protocol", so not exactly as Jim recommends.
    I just take a capsule now and then for maintainance and immune boost.

Just in case anyone thinks about trying this without reading up on it, DO NOT CONSUME WITHOUT THE GEL CAPS.
    Calcium hypochlorite has a pH of 12. You can drink baking soda in water, but not this stuff.
    Put it in the gel cap and drink a couple glasses of water with it.
    Are you sure this is not dangerous for ingestion? This is the solution I use to dissolve gold (sodium hypochlorite plus HCl). HCl reacts with the hypochlorite to form elemental chlorine. I know that in mild acidic conditions, it gives hypochlorous acid but is this happening in the stomach? (drink alot of water!). There is a saying that the dosage makes the medicine but this stuff is corrosive (could open hole in stomach) and possibly it can chlorinate organic molecules (eg. from food). Maybe thats why users feel sickness and have diarrhea.

Blog Entries
    Greetings!
    No. I'm not sure.
    But I've ingested it over a dozen times now and I'm fine as far as I know.
    I'm sure there are others who have ingested it a lot more than me.
    This guy has a large following of practitioners. Lots of testimonials.
    I too woriied about the corrosiveness. I don't take it too often - just when I feel
    I could use an immune boost.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Hm, it seems to worth taking the risk..

Blog Entries
    Hi RogerC.
    Haven't seen you around but I was thinking about a couple things.
    First, thanks for your elaboration on limestone. It did bring some things together for me.
    I do not argue or doubt the miracles in limestone, but there are a couple points (not about silicates this time).

You've mentioned the Paracelsus alcahest a couple times. But this is not the only alcahest.
    There are alcahests from tartar (which Paracelsus used in the limestone recipe as well) and urine and nitre...
    All I'm saying is that if all these alcahests exist, it does not argue for limestone being the one thing,
    but rather that it is one alkali(est) among several. But you have a clear path, and that's good.
    It's just that that path does not deny or oppose other alkali paths, including silicates.

Secondly, the argument for limestone is also an argument for Dead sea salt and other sea salts.
    These are not contrary.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporite
    As you see, the product is mostly calcite, dolomite, gypsum and halite.

So, again, not to take anything away from what you've said about limestone, but I don't see any reason
    why this should exclude other alkali paths and point to only one thing - limestone.
    That would basically mean that the alkali must be calcium based.
    I can understand the relation between man and calcium. Do you think this is a valid argument/reason?
    That calcium is a better vehicle for the stone for man?

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Hi RogerC.
    Haven't seen you around but I was thinking about a couple things.
    First, thanks for your elaboration on limestone. It did bring some things together for me.
    I do not argue or doubt the miracles in limestone, but there are a couple points (not about silicates this time).

You've mentioned the Paracelsus alcahest a couple times. But this is not the only alcahest.
    There are alcahests from tartar (which Paracelsus used in the limestone recipe as well) and urine and nitre...
    All I'm saying is that if all these alcahests exist, it does not argue for limestone being the one thing,
    but rather that it is one alkali(est) among several. But you have a clear path, and that's good.
    It's just that that path does not deny or oppose other alkali paths, including silicates.
    I am not arguing limestone is the one thing...I said spiritus mundi is the one thing, the one thing that nothing in this art can be done without ...limestone can be used to got it as well as other paths involving other alkahests but in order for any of the them to have any alchemical action, the spiritus mundi must be present and its is he that performs all the works, he works as separator, sower and reaper, calciner, solver and coagulator the same way he does in nature just in a purer form under our direction and supervision. What I argued is against the view that some take away that silica or any other mineral or material for that matter is the mother of metals it is clear that in all these texts they meant the spirtus mundi and no other...the water that wets not the hands....

So, again, not to take anything away from what you've said about limestone, but I don't see any reason
    why this should exclude other alkali paths and point to only one thing - limestone.
    That would basically mean that the alkali must be calcium based.
    I can understand the relation between man and calcium. Do you think this is a valid argument/reason?
    That calcium is a better vehicle for the stone for man?
    Absolutely, we have alot of references to bones and permanent material like that which remains after fire in a man it is his bones...calcium,... in a plants is the ashes which contain the potassium, both salts as you say, the root of all life in all three kingdoms in this realm is the salt, like the compass of the wise says, but only for the physical realm, only for the bodies, where then comes the rest...the life? The animating spirit,the information, the coding or mercury principle, it goes up in the smoke..it is not of this realm, just like our stone... but our stone is not just animal just as it is not just plant and not just mineral but instead universal that is why we have to introduce it to the kingdom we want to have action in especially if we know how to catch it in pure form, in nature if left to its devices it moves freely from one kingdom to the other, it foresakes one body for another when the times has come, nature decides the time, the corruption of one thing is the generation of another and so on and so forth, this is why dead plant material makes good compost, putrefied black material from any kingdom shows the spiritus mundi is present and working, he will show his presence in the collection of the salt like a niter that contains the living acid of nature, "the vinegar of the mountains" the niter is a very good fertilizer and the quantity of spiritus mundi present decides how great the action, if alot is present maybe we can witness something miraculous like the sprouting and growing of a plant in an instant, and the logic follows this was his next incarnation so to speak, that is why it is important that if an alkahest is to have any action not only will we have a solving of sol but also a blackening of it and if the black never comes will then chemically we dissolved gold but there will be no alchemical renewal or exhaltation. On the other hand if we collected it in pure form there is no chemical action at all, it melts sol like ice in warm water, likewise we can introduce it to man and it will have the same action it does in nature, it penetrates deeply into him and renews his constitution, but perhaps not before making his teeth and hair fall out...something still of a renewal, if used in pure form and not an alkahest the solving of sol was chemical this would not be possible it would dissolve our tongues like any corrosive capable of attacking gold, but it doesn't so this shows its origins is not terriestial, but instead astral,because what on this earth can solve the most permanent thing on this earth sol and not kill us by consuming it, like if we drank aqua regia our innards would be consumed . We have to study nature and look at the spiritus mundi and how he moves and circulates through nature vivifying and destroying in cyclic nature, there are many hermetic spirits, the spiritus mundi is just one of them, we know his signature by the ouroboros, the saturn scythe, kronos, the hollow oak, etc..etc...

WARNING

I strongly suggest that you do not ingest hypochlorites, whether bleach or calcium hypochlorite. This could be mildly corrosive to your esophagus, and may react with the food in your stomach to form potentially cancer-causing chemicals.

Chlorates are also poisonous in more than very small quantities, although chlorate tablets were once chewed in the mouth as an early treatment of mouth sores, although of course the chlorate was then rinsed out with water, and people knew not to swallow it.

Perchlorates are also somewhat poisonous, and long term ingestion of small quantities can lead to thyroid problems.

The oxidizing chlorine salt used to "treat" some diseases, such as certain parasites, are chlorites.
    Chlorites, such as sodium chlorite NaClO2, can be purchased on ebay. The type of chlorite salt meant for human ingestion is a very pure form, free from any trace of chlorate or hypochlorite.

http://youtu.be/Li3DfhMVqzo
    Rock Biter: A delicious-looking limestone rock. Mmm! Mmm! Nice bouquet. Must be a real vintage year.
    Night Hob: [laughs nervously] Yes, you're right. Those delicious rocks are the reason we camped here, all right.
    [to Teeny Weeny]
    Night Hob: Is he a nutcase?
    Teeny Weeny: No, he's a Rock Biter.
    Night Hob: A Rock Biter... A Rock Biter!
    HUMANKIND CANNOT GAIN ANYTHING WITHOUT FIRST GIVING SOMETHING IN RETURN.
    TO OBTAIN, SOMETHING OF EQUAL VALUE MUST BE LOST.

Archangel Ariel 777

Blog Entries
    Thanks for clarifying that for me Rogerc.

Greetings Anders. Thanks for that info.
    Hypochlorites are quite caustic, and yet... ???
    It is the same guy who discovered the uses of sodium chlorite who now also recommends the hypochlorite.

Certainly, take this and all info with a grain of salt.
    Personally, I still use the calcium hypochlorite once in a while and it definitely kills an oncoming cold
    or sore throat. It has not caused me any problems that I am aware of. Sometimes it causes wicked
    chlorine burps (for about 5-10 minutes), but sometimes it goes almost unnoticed.
    But to be on the side of caution, I only take it when I feel a need for immune boost, maybe once every
    two or three weeks. If you try it, just drink a glass or two of water.

My body tells me that it feels good. I especially like how it feels on my brain.
    One could also use smaller gel caps if desired. I do.

Blog Entries
    I've been fond of the nitre fixed by charcoal path.
    Due to Rogerc's persistence on limestone, I've been contemplating it quite a bit and
    had the idea of utilising that instead of plant carbon.
    It produces a yellow water, similar in appearance to nitre fixed by charcoal.
    I have some intuitions about this though. I'll keep experimenting - see how it acts as a menstruum.
    It seems an archemical way to create a nitrous lime magnet similar to what one might find or create
    in other paths requiring the same.
    Lots of precipitate too, as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerc View Post
    Paracelsus being a true philosopher, do you think it strange he wrought his alkahest(mercury) out of limestone and not silica?(like limestone when properly prepared, does it not incise deeply into metals? do we see this action with silica? (see note below)
    Or does it seem congruous to the principles implied when we make a deeper study of nature?
    Here is an example of what I mean.....
    The Extraction Of Mercury By Heating Cinnabar With Lime Or Iron In The Absence Of Air
    This method of mercury extraction has the advantage that the vapours of that metal are obtained in a concentrated condition, and are therefore readily condensed. The first cost of the furnace and condensers required is also lower than of those needed for the extraction of mercury by heating cinnabar in the air. On the other hand, the residues contain more mercury, so that the output is thus reduced and the process gives no better results even with the most careful work than can be obtained with the other method. The costs of working are very high, in consequence of the necessity for employing fluxes and for previously crushing the ore, as also on account of the high consumption of fuel and the small output of the retorts. The costs of repairs are also high in consequence of the retorts becoming rapidly destroyed. The greatest disadvantage, however, may be considered to be the injurious effect of the fumes of mercury upon the workmen. Generally speaking the process is unsuitable for poor ores, and for rich ores it is in no way cheaper than the other methods •of treatment, whilst for hygienic reasons it cannot be recommended even for rich ores. It should therefore only be employed when small quantities of very rich ores or soot are to be treated, and should be condemned for working rich ores upon a larger scale. The retorts in which the cinnabar is decomposed were first pear-shaped or bell-shaped, and were made of clay or cast-iron; later cast-iron alone was employed, and the retorts received the shape of those employed in the distillation of coal-gas. The condensers, which were formerly made of clay at some works, are now also made of cast-iron. The flux required for decomposing the cinnabar should as a rule be quicklime; iron or hammer-slag have only been used exceptionally for decomposing the ore. Lime acts upon cinnabar at a red heat, as ishown by the following equation:—
    4HgS + 4CaO = 3CaS + CaS04 + 4Hg,

the action of iron being as follows:—

HgS + Fe = FeS + rig.
    Last edited by rogerc; 10-08-2011 at 01:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread