Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alchemy Groups & Peripheries!

Alchemy Groups & Peripheries!

Hi,

I was thinking that how about getting ourselves linked with one another through various networks and mote and teach Alchemy materials to one another? I think this is very beneficial for all Magus, Adepts and even for Neophytes. The newbies can actually learn Alchemy from the Magus or Adepts privately. The experts can actually lead their own apprentices and teach them their own perceptions for Alchemy voluntarily since Alchemical studies are very wide and universal; concepts are arguable and negligible.

Advantages:
    1. Mentors, Adepts and Experts can guide the Newbies or 'Interestees' along the way of the Alchemical path on their own personal or meeting time.
    2. The Newbies or Neophytes can update to their mentors what they have learnt or studied over a period of time. First of all, this can ensure that the Newbies walking on the right track. On the other hand, the newbies can get updates or learn easily with the teachings directly from their mentors.
    3. When the Newbies started to get bored with weird/long teachings on Alchemical text or feel less motivated, their Mentors could hint, motivate and even encourage them not to give up.
    4. Time and priority would spend wisely if the Newbies could stick with their mentors' updates.
    5. As the time goes by, the Neophytes will turn into an Adept and able to handle new amateur alchemists and Neophytes, and in turn, they will teach them just like how they have been trained.
    6. Then Finally, there will be more and more Alchemists, getting more and more mentors and when we have more high-alchemical intelligences, then we could bring better insights and a better view on how Alchemy could work. When that happened, more people would have great knowledge and would contribute better teachings or practices into the Alchemy and thus, advance upward Spirituality!

What do you guys think?! =) Is it a good idea? Of course, this only a suggestion. I was just letting go my body, relax myself and this idea suddenly popped up onto my mind.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Berylac

Blog Entries
    Well I don't think there are any real Adepts in this field really... there are some scholars like Adam McLean (but he wouldn't come to this site if I put a gun to his head LOL). Everyone in this forum are growing, and we are growing together. True some here know more about certain areas than others, but then again the very same people know less about other aspects and so on and so forth.

I think a lot of what you write is already happening in private messages... I am not against your idea... just saying what I feel the situation is at the moment.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Soooooooo, which Order is it that allows for one to be titled Magus prior to passing the veil of Daat? Kinda hard to complete labwork without a body? Anyway. I'd agree with Dev on this one, I wouldn't really say there are any "adepts" in alchemy, its such an expansive field that any who would complete their "personal great work" with it would most likely have the vow of silence down pretty good so we'd never really hear about it per say. What may work for one, may not work for another, so it is very difficult to pass FULL alchemical knowledge from one person to another. Explaining lab processes is one thing, but the outcome may different as the practitioner is different.

With alchemy I see the lab work itself as knowledge, and the final outcomes as understanding of that knowledge. As every perception is different, every understanding is thus different. But yeah, there are a few more open groups around that are ok with mutual sharing of knowledge. I wouldn't mind seeing what they have to say, but I'm not expert alchemist, nor am I a moderator here.

Blog Entries
    There have been some people here that has claimed to be great Adepts... funnily they in the end always seem to get banned LOL!

I've been into alchemy for a decade now... I still feel like a neophyte...

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Berylac View Post
    I was just letting go my body, relax myself and this idea suddenly popped up onto my mind.
    I think this is how all knowledge is going to come to those that are open to it.

I just read the post The 7 stepped Emerald Formula and I am amazed at what I have been doing without any knowledge of this.

Thanks for that post Dev.

I do most of what I do from ideas that just pop into my mind Berylac and I believe there is going to be a lot more popping between now and next year.

Amazing!

Schools already started and the teachers are far higher than Adepts.

IMHO

Ghislain

Edit: Can you feel it?
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berylac View Post
    I was thinking that how about getting ourselves linked with one another through various networks and mote and teach Alchemy materials to one another?
    The newbies can actually learn Alchemy from the Magus or Adepts privately.
    Everything or almost, has been discussed here, sometime even clearly, on the forum. What do we need more ? We said it : understand the principles before going into the lab. Get a mature vision of the Art of Nature and then imitate it. Make *your own* cooking of Alchemy. Giving a vision, giving a path to a newbie is not a solution, one must have the capacity to have his own signature and ginferprint, in order to make *his* path. And some people are not able to do that, they follow blindly what a so called "more advanced" person in the art told them. You can give advices, or giving some good (for you) resources, or hints ... but if one want to be a Philosopher he will have to earn his Alchemy by himself, not opening the beak, and waiting. I mean you give 5 %, the other 95 are for the newbie. And that's it. Otherwise you make parrots, they are just technicians, not philosophers.

I've been contacted by people wanting me to teach them, and give them freely recipes and methods to create the Stone, sometime even by teling me they were dying, or they were in a hurry, or will commit suicide - several month after they are still alive ! I don't even know them, you think I will communicate on such subject without knowing the person and judging he is trustful ? The "give me give me" type of person generally receive nothing, generally a kick somewhere... You have to put something on the table first, show what you do, your dedication and will to find the Truth, to have the Stone, how you understand Nature and Philosophy, and God and everything else. And of course, the personality of the newbie will be very important, no megalomania, no "I I I I & myself", no big ego problems in a word.

Brotherhood, fraternity and friendship are essential conditions in the Art. You MUST trust the person you have in front of you. Yes, teaching Alchemy is a possible thing of course, but it is such a tremendous work in order to prepare the ground in the spirit of the person, and you don't even imagine what it can involve or generate !

Old R+C groups had sometime very hard initiations. I learned that one practice was to kidnapp the newbie, and threatening his life in order to make him speak about his affiliation.
    Now we don't do that. But we can see through the hearts via the posts of the forum, how people behave, do, how they think. And of course people of same nature will gather naturally, and share openly (more or less depending of the friendship).
    Androgynus already spoke about this subject in a very clear way. And I agree with him.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    The Age of Aquarius is an Age of Self-empowered Individuality, Personal Sovereignty and Auto-Initiation - combined with a strong sense of Community, Sharing and Friendship.

It is also an Age characterized by a free flow of information, by decentralization and eventual deconstruction of old structures, by DE-mystification of spiritual and material concepts via DIRECT and PERSONAL experience, an Age where it is possible to DE-fragment and RE-unify our knowledge of Natural Philosophy, an Age where it can be possible for all 'external' technology to be gradually internalized and integrated into ourselves.

I personally view the majority of the the old 'orders' and 'hierarchies' as not much more than soon-to-be-extinct 'dinosaurs'.

Maybe it's time to get used to a new 'energy signature', to a new 'Sign of the Times'...

Cool Learning in the age of aquarius and safety

Although we may often read about Magi and Adepti in classical works, I think that referring to modern practitioners in that way could lead to a very tricky kind of mischief. A major part of adepthood is the transcendence of the ego. For example, I know of but a few people I would consider as having an adept level understanding of the chemical philosophy of the Rosicrucians or Paracelsians; however, I think these people would find it amusing that I would associate such terms with them.

As Androgynus said:
    The Age of Aquarius is an Age of Self-empowered Individuality, Personal Sovereignty and Auto-Initiation - combined with a strong sense of Community, Sharing and Friendship.

It is also an Age characterized by a free flow of information, by decentralization and eventual deconstruction of old structures, by DE-mystification of spiritual and material concepts via DIRECT and PERSONAL experience, an Age where it is possible to DE-fragment and RE-unify our knowledge of Natural Philosophy, an Age where it can be possible for all 'external' technology to be gradually internalized and integrated into ourselves.
    I'm not certain if I agree that orders such as the Martinist Order of Unknown Philosophers, AMORC, BOTA, the OTO, or the Golden Dawn are going to disappear any time soon. In fact, I highly recommend checking out a fraternity, if you're indeed sincerely interested in the chemical philosophy.

That notwithstanding, I think that Androgynus is also on to something important. Without belonging to an order, or receiving oral transmission directly from an Ipsissimus, much learning can indeed be done. Organizing an ordered course of study and working the details via dialogue with your peers is highly useful. In fact, I totally detest the old school of education, where popular episteme is spoon fed to the student. I lead an alchemy course that is very firmly based in interpretive exercises and dialogical learning. This way, when the student reads the following from Geber:

"Mars or Iron, is best prepared thus: Let it be Calcined as Venus, with common salt cleansed, and let it be washed with pure vinegar; being washed, dry it in the sun, and when dryed, grind and imbibe it with new salt and vinegar, and then put it in the same furnace, as of Venus is said, for three days. Honour this solution, viz. The Water of fixed Sulphur, wonderfully augmenting the colour of the Elixir."

They will be able to interpret it on their own and make a procedure therefrom, as opposed to being told what a calcination is in modern language. I think that spoon feeding people on how to do things like distillations traps them into an anachronism, where the actual writings and thoughts or real alchemists often go unnoticed.

As Salazius said:
    Everything or almost, has been discussed here, sometime even clearly, on the forum. What do we need more ? We said it : understand the principles before going into the lab.
    Yes. Also lab safety is key. I think many alchemists put themselves in serious danger in the name of spiritual discovery. Before you inadvertently expose yourself to arsenic trioxide gas, make sure you're using a fume hood, read the MSDS, understand the principals. I have a safety guide you should check out: http://viaambagiosum.blogspot.com/

Good luck.

I'm very interested in this as I would be a newbie and would find it very beneficial to learn from a learned magus etc. one on one. As they can instruct you in the theoretical aspects before you get to the practical and if someone wanted to take me under their wing I would be most gracious and accept their offer and help so that one day I could become the learned one and pass my knowledge down to someone else. So if anyone is out there contact me, I am from the UK and in particular the Yorkshire area.

+ Reply to Thread