Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Valuable Alchemical Texts

Ok, I can see the answer now. It seems there was a problem.
    So the treatises haven't been translated. That's a pity. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Hellin Hermetist; 06-10-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Ausführliche Beschreibung der unweit Zwickau in Meissen zu Niederhohendorff und anderer umliegenden Orten gefundene boldischen Sande ...

This one I have found here:
    His name seems to be Johann Neidhold.
    german only

http://dfg-viewer.de/v2/?set%5Bimage...ifier%3D661438
    Last edited by Rueb; 06-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Hello Green Lion!! My version of The Golden Chain is very small(61 pages). It ends at chapter 16 "What putrefaction is", does my version of the book even have the third part??

No Nibiru, Sorry.

Nice work Rueb. Unfortunately, I don't speak German. It's nice to see how many things we can find at the net.

The third part of Golden Chain of Homer seems to have some common points with the Last Will and Testament of Basil Valentine, like the reference to the metallic ferch. Quite interesting is that there is another work of Kirchweger, named Microscopium Basil Valentine. This last work seems to be rare. Has anyone study it?

Microscopium Basil Valentine is easier to find.
    Kessinger reprints made a publishing under the name of “Microscopium Basilii Valentini: Sive Commentariolum Et Cribrellum Uber Den Grossen Kreuzapfel Der Welt”.
    I possess it, but it is in German and was never translated.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lion View Post
    Then, it is necessary to know that there is the third part in the "Golden Chain of Homer". Two different versions exist of this third part. The one is only pursuing the developments of the observations of the nature. Other version gives very precise alchemical and spagyrical protocols.
    Hello Helllin and Green Lion,

Unfortunately, this third part is a fake and was not written by Anton Josef Kirchweger or Homeri (Herverd von Farchenbrunn). This is confirmed in the notes of the book itself (from the "true brothers of the deceased author and sole legitimate heirs to this book...":

"To the last edition was added a third but false and interpolated part which does not stem from our school."

I would focus primarily only the original first two parts. The third part is noticeably different in style, and seems to produce only a form of brass which looks like gold.

The first two parts contain some incredible insights, but may be more Archemical than alchemical. In any case it is extremely instructional, and as Green Lion states, will require many re-readings and practices.

hi,
    IMHO many concepts in the first two books of kirchweger, namely the rotation of elements, the fact that Nature moves from one state to another only by their medium, the fixation of volatile and the volatilisation of the fixed, come from (pseudo)Lulle.
    this author, today a little misregarded, is indeed quite seminal, as you can find his influence in pretty much everything that came after.
    with humility
    t

As we are speaking for the texts, has anyone a French translation of The Answer of Bernandus Trevisan to Thomas of Bononia?

+ Reply to Thread