Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Valuable Alchemical Texts

Thanks for that link with the works of Naxagoras Max. Do you plan to make also an English translation of Alchymia Denudata at a future time?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellin Hermetist View Post
    Thanks for that link with the works of Naxagoras Max. Do you plan to make also an English translation of Alchymia Denudata at a future time?
    Asuming you mean me (although the name is sam, not max) the answer is no.

I inquired (being a novice myself) with his name-sake on a german forum and his answer was:

Ich würde auch auf diesen Autor nicht allzu viel setzen, schon Kunkel nannte ihn einen elenden Betrüger .....
    which translated means: I would not count on this author too much, Kunkel already called him a cheat.

we had an extended discussion about Kunkel and his credentials, long story short: NAX is not worth it.

Yeah, I was referring to you Sam. My mistake with the name. Thanks for the answer.

Book is now published at LULU:

I was writing:

ETA: End of April.
    and it was released on the LAST day of April :-)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ich-a-true-...-20096407.html

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Book is now published at LULU:

I was writing:

and it was released on the LAST day of April :-)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ich-a-true-...-20096407.html
    Thanks, Sam. I just ordered a copy.

rebate

there seems to be a way to get some % off the price at LULU using this link, although, being German, I do not entirely understand how this works:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/lulu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    I think it depends less on the language and more on the teenboard(and his/her understanding of the special writing styles of those works).

I anyone thinks it could work, we could have a sort of 'Translation Market'.

People would post, for example, the languages they are able to faithfully translate (to and from).

Or post a certain work they would very much like to have translated into a preferred language.

Arrangements could then be made via PM (between the interested parties), and when translations are ready, available and found to be reliable - they could be publicly announced on the forum, and a fair energy-exchange platform could be established for other potentially interested individuals.

Just an idea...
    ✂----------------------------------------------
    Hi.

How many people speaking the same language do you require to validate a translation ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lazoo View Post
    How many people speaking the same language do you require to validate a translation ?
    One or two who seem trustworthy can do, but I suppose 3 would be safest...

Quote Originally Posted by dev
    three is the magic number after all...
    I can personally translate from German to English, but only if the German original is in modern Latin Alphabet (not German Script).

I can also correct already made English translations from other languages, if the translator's English is not perfect, but good enough to get the content through.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've found what I believe to be an English translation of the full version of "The Golden Chain of Homer" as well as several other hand-written translations of potentially important works. "A Collection of Alchemical Manuscripts" of Manly Palmer Hall.

Here's the online reader link: http://archive.org/stream/manlypalme...ge/n0/mode/2up

Here's the link to download the PDF if you like: http://archive.org/details/manlypalmerhabox18v5hall
    Still Searching.............

Blog Entries
    I greatly appreciate translations and, have always admired people who work as professional translators. For someone like I who's first language is other than English, I can't help but wonder how accurate these translations are especially taking it into context that they're from other periods of dialect, expressions, etc.?

+ Reply to Thread