Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suspended Crocodiles

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. S.O.L. View Post
    Equally curious is the fact that each crocodile appears to be missing a foot.
    Ever heard of the rabbit's foot lucky charm? Missing foot? No biggie. They made a crocodile's foot lucky charm from it! I can imagine those crazy alchemists would do such a thing.

Perhaps the Alchemists of the day wanted to let the 'powers that be' know they knew who they really were?

Or maybe to honour those in power?

Or else to bring out one who is hidden...could you look at a person hanging without being taken aback?

Emerald Tablets of Thoth - Reptilian Agenda

Ghislain

Or maybe not
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Great thread, never noticed this before myself. Things are always stranger than we can imagine them to be. Crocs are a superior creature, having ruled the Earth for millennia... it ties in nicely with the reptilian agenda theory though. Icke should be pleased.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Crocs are a superior creature, having ruled the Earth for millennia... it ties in nicely with the reptilian agenda theory though. Icke should be pleased.

I've mentioned the Reptilian agenda quite a bit in the "Alchemists sure are pale!" thread if any of you are interested. That was partly what the thread was about. In the thread I showed a number of serpents/dragons eating humans/children. I also mentioned the very important connection between the pineal gland, their obsession with it, and the hybridization program they're carrying out.

I don't blame any of you for not reading the whole thread. It's long, and probably not the most interesting read if you're not into symbolism, fringe conspiracy theory, etc.

Just wanted to throw this out there since that aspect was completely overlooked by most posting in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Perhaps the Alchemists of the day wanted to let the 'powers that be' know they knew who they really were?

Or maybe to honour those in power?

Or else to bring out one who is hidden...could you look at a person hanging without being taken aback?

Emerald Tablets of Thoth - Reptilian Agenda

Ghislain

Or maybe not
    Good selection of possibilities.

I’ll be happy to embrace a more benign interpretation, should anyone happen to present one that seems at all reasonable, but for the moment, I’ll expand somewhat on your second offering - more as speculative, hypothetical play, than firm conviction:

When one considers that few rooms on Earth are kept as scrupulously private as an Alchemy Lab, and that many an Alchemist treats his creative haven as a vibrational sanctum - and/or shrine, to varying degrees - the eye-catching presence of a large, stuffed reptile-mobile, seems, in my opinion, to lend itself more towards a religious interpretation [the only others who would see such an icon being fellow religionists]. Well, perhaps it wasn’t so much a religious figure [in the sense we are used to] as it was an archetypal identity flag, serving as a reminder of where one’s loyalty must continue to be placed.

It would perhaps be naïve for us to presume that just because Alchemists, in general, were frequently subject to persecution, that therefore Alchemists, taken as a whole, must represent “the good guys.” There could well have been [be] various streams or lineages that, if put together in one room, would in no way consider themselves brothers in some common struggle. And, by extension, any number of “Mystery Schools” could have been formed and maintained simply for purposes of dead-ending potential competitors in labyrinths of quasi-meaningless minutia-of-the-esoteric. A pre-emptive strategy, in other words.

The good news is [and I believe I have it on good authority]: All of that nonsense is being unwound as we speak. Those who supported illusion for personal ends won’t quite find the ground to gain traction on; won’t find the energy to support their hidden agendas; won’t have the illusion-sustaining job they once filled so well. It was a dirty job. Someone had to do it. Now it's ending. Relief for all concerned.

Having said that, I'd be more than delighted if someone could provide historical documentation that these hovering dragons were, in fact, simply intended to frighten off small, curious children, and other potential alembic-breakers.

Or, again, it could have been just a cultural fad - like "fuzzy dice."

Last edited by Albion; 07-13-2011 at 11:36 AM.

*´s dragon origin:

1. from a town, which name is mercury anagram
    2. this beast sieged * & endangered people & cattle. so one clever man prepared a trap: in cattle skin some quicklime

Another example:

Just a fish in this one [It's probably all just a taxidermy fashion of the era]:

A cartoon from 1802 [Entitled "Hudibras beats Sidrophel and his man Whacum"]:

Every small diner I'd ever been in out West featured an obligatory,
    mounted "Jackalope." Typically, the naive Easterner would ask about
    it and the waitress would have some fun explaining this rare creature
    [with a straight face] while all the locals within earshot would have fun
    watching the rube make a fool of himself. Perhaps they'd find it even
    funnier if some future Historian came to the conclusion that the relative
    ubiquity of The Mounted Jackalope, throughout the homes and dining
    places of the Western States, meant it had to have been a religious icon.

Last edited by Albion; 07-13-2011 at 01:59 PM.

This link describes an Italian alchemical church and explores the meaning of the crocodile hanging there. The hanging letter G and the crocodile seem to have a few things in common.

http://www.fermi.mn.it/grazie/italiano/s4.html

The pithy summation of that article, in translation, reads:

The crocodile, the alchemical serpens, in this context symbolizes the realization of the unity of material and spiritual ascent.
    To pull the mystery in a couple of other directions, the body of Osiris is often depicted on the back of a crocodile. Sobek, the Egyptian crocodile god cures ills. I can't find any proof for this but someone mentions this in a blog:

Drug suppliers would present gifts to apothecaries who sold their goods (plus ça change) and a favourite offering was an alligator or crocodile due to their associations with learning and as a symbolic defence against disease. They were also relatively easy to preserve; indeed, the oldest surviving example of taxidermy is said to be a crocodile mounted in 1623 and exhibited at St. Gallen's Museum of Natural History in Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Just a fish in this one [It's probably all just a taxidermy fashion of the era]:
    The fish is a puffer fish. A True Puffer fish.

Wow, Karl, you really seem to have nailed this!

It certainly sounds like a far better match, both to
    the thinking of the age, in general, and Alchemists
    in particular, than any of my speculations.

Thanks!

Perhaps this was the Blog you were alluding to:

http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2011/0...alligator.html
    Last edited by Albion; 07-14-2011 at 01:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread