Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Yin - Yang

Thanks for getting back to me, White Belt.

Would you happen to agree with this;

Yang is an active force, like the Sun, however, the Sun still contains Yin (receptive force) in order for this active force (Yang) to be contained.

Or another way to put it would be... Human Body is Yin (receptive force) while spirit is Yang (active force) in order for the individual (Spirit/Yang) to become contained.

The ''Sun'' Body & Human Body is both Yin but the force that drives it is Yang, meaning there is Yin & Yang in both but in proportion.

Does this sound accurate to you?
    If it does, then wouldn't this mean the Spirit of every female animal/human would be masculine?
    Last edited by tAlchemist; 8 Hours Ago at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me, White Belt.

Would you happen to agree with this;

Yang is an active force, like the Sun, however, the Sun still contains Yin (receptive force) in order for this active force (Yang) to be contained.

Or another way to put it would be... Human Body is Yin (receptive force) while spirit is Yang (active force) in order for the individual (Spirit/Yang) to become contained.

The ''Sun'' Body & Human Body is both Yin but the force that drives it is Yang, meaning there is Yin & Yang in both but in proportion.

Does this sound accurate to you?
    If it does, then wouldn't this mean the Spirit of every female animal/human would be masculine?
    You are on the right path. I have to use sanskrit to explain as my understanding of this is a mixture from my teacher of taoist and sanskrit terms

Ardhanarishvara means "the Lord Who is half woman."
    Ardhanarishvara represents the synthesis of masculine and feminine energies of the universe (Purusha and Prakriti) and illustrates how Shakti, the female principle of God, is inseparable from (or the same as, according to some interpretations) Shiva, the male principle of God. The union of these principles is exalted as the root and womb of all creation.
    The masculine active force of the spirit (atman) in male semen requires the receptive material matrix of the feminine womb, the material reality (prakrti).

Purusha is a complex concept it means the cosmic man or Self, Consciousness, and Universal principle. Any Purusha concept refers to abstract essence of the Self, Spirit and the Universal Principle that is eternal, indestructible, without form and is all pervasive.

Rishi Angiras explains that Purusha, the dweller in the body, is three-fold: the Bahyatman (the Outer-Atman) which is born and dies; the Antaratman (the Inner-Atman) which comprehends the whole range of material phenomena, gross and subtle, with which the Jiva concerns himself, and the Paramatman which is all-pervading, unthinkable, indescribable, is without action and has no Samskaras.

I will post more soon!

+ Reply to Thread