Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dev paintings

Blog Entries
    I think the 'colour scheme' you used on the 1st painting is quite powerful. Artists can easily stumble when they limit blending of colours. The grey and the red is very expressive!

On the 2nd painting, I do love the dark green-and-black combination for the grass. The stroke of the grass blade is also interesting.

I, primarily, enjoy the 'movement' within a painting. That's usually my first contact, it would seem, with the work. I see it as the spirit manifesting within the painting. . . . Well, I guess we all have our own way of seeing paintings.

/

It shows internal freedom of the artist when the blending of colours work well.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. The mushroom painting was painted with toilet paper (and not a paintbrush), and the paint squirted straight on the canvas. It took about 5-10 minutes to do

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    About a decade ago I too did a little painting... not as skilled as many others that have showed their work here, but I paint more with emotions than skill (trying to invoke the inner child).
    That was the exact same approach of the famous Joan Miro: To wake up the inner child and transform it in his works.

Your style is very interesting, somehow sinister as some have pointed out. It could be either an acid trip gone wrong or a visit on one of the lower astral planes aka "hell"

Blog Entries
    Most of them were painted when "in hell" lol...

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I particularly love the first seven works you posted here, Dev. They have a lot of feeling for me. I think your work is brilliant and it’s a shame you don’t continue with it but I understand you have many other creative outlets…such is life, cherie!

+ Reply to Thread