Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Longevity

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    Hello Brennus

IMO it's a thread worth reading/contemplating more than once.. It's filled with seeds of insights waiting to bloom
    I've read some of it but it wasn't from start to finnish which is what I'll have to do!

The (confirmed) oldest person known smoked during her whole life, ate a wild amount of chocolate every week, wasn't a sport enthusiast... and thinks that olive oil probably made her live a long time (121 years):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_..._and_lifestyle

Not really unusual to find people who smokes, eats a lot of chocolate and uses plenty of olive oil.

Also, looking at this list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._oldest_people

One fact becomes very obvious if you look at the names: more or less a 95% of these persons are women... very few men in that list.
    (the other weird fact is that more than a 90% of the people there are either from the USA or Japan... but I assume this has something to do with the "verified" thing, that it was easier to "verify" the age in those countries because of some reason).

Blog Entries
    Longevity is all about the state of the mind. Diet can aid, but in the end it is the mind. It is very common for people who retire to start crumbling away, it is because their value to society is gone... their life work is finished. This is the main killer IMO. I have seen it many times.

I have also seen retired people that have creative interests, are still young in spirit... they not only live longer but look younger.

That is why retirement is the biggest lie in society. It is the same lie as religions that promise heaven, the State promise retirement (save up to it, work for it)...

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Hi All

Are there any other substances that can provide longevity other than Resveratrol?

Kind Regards

Brennus
    a chinese man lived around 250 years (not bad) with a combination of herbs. what are these herbs ?

well, you can buy a good pair of boots and walking across the Himalayas searching in monasteries the formula...

in others forums you can find info about some herbs of long life...
    http://www.occultforum.org/forum/

some alchemist have others very easy alternatives... )

if not alternatives are in magic...

Blog Entries
    Occultforums.. that brings back memories... it was the first forum I was ever active on... for a long time... then it was hacked and destroyed... I created this forum and some of my on-line friends created other forums... I never got into the re-boot .org version for some reason... maybe because so many posts were lost in the hack. It used to be the biggest forum on-line with occult lore... anyway a bit OT...

Last edited by Awani; 04-12-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I would think a low calorie but high nutritious diet would be a good start. Eat once a day, or work towards it.

Meditate daily; it helps to preserve your telomeres.

Don't devote your attention to that which arouses your senses from without; it burdens your body's natural rhythm.

Preserve your life force, chi. A practice of Qi-Gong is essential.

Respect the power of words. Don't engage in vulgar language.

Learn the cycles of the Moon; the movement (and influence) of planets. Make alchemical elixirs in accordance with Nature.

Ora et labora. Pray daily so that the good Lord grants you the key to unlocking secret of, the Philosopher's Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkostheGnostic View Post
    I began looking for a Reishi [Ganoderma Lucidum] source about a month ago, and settled on this one [please note the “Extended Information“ tab]:

http://www.rawforestfoods.com/RAW-Re...s-p/rsp100.htm

A nice overview by Ron Teeguarden:

“The Reishi mushroom, also known by its formal name of Ganoderma and its Chinese name Lingzhi, has attained an unparalleled reputation in the Orient as the ultimate herbal substance. For over three thousand years it has been the most sought-after product of nature by mountain sages and by the emperors and empresses of all Eastern nations. In the first Chinese herbal text (Shennong’s Pharmacopeia) written about 2400 years ago, Reishi was classified as a "superior herb" which is defined as one that "serves to maintain life, promote radiant health and long life because of its normalizing action, and to cause no sideeffects, even when used continuously." That ancient book said that "continuous consumption of Reishi makes your body light and young, lengthens your life and turns you into one like the immortal who never dies." Thus Reishi was traditionally called "the mushroom of immortality."

The Reishi Mushroom grows wild only upon old trees and roots of certain types of trees in remote mountain forests of China, Japan and Korea. Onlyin the fifteen years have we seen the cultivation of Reishi, and thus the commercial availability of this amazing health product. Reishi has been theobject of intensive scientific studies to discern its many health functions from a modern perspective. Traditionally, Reishi is believed to be a tonic to all of the body's energies. It was revered as a major tonic to each of the three Treasures, Jing, Qi and Spirit.

As a Jing (Essence) tonic, Reishi is believed to have major life lengthening effects when consumed over a long period of time. It is believed to build primal power and to replenish energy spent handling stressful situations.

As a Qi tonic, Reishi is used to build energy, although it is slightly sedative in the short run. It is most famous as an herb used to build the immune system. Many studies done in Japan have shown Reishi to have a powerful effect on the body’s overall resistance to disease. Reishi is believed by Japanese and Chinese researchers to have a regulatory effect on the immune system, bringing up immune functions in cases of immunodeficiency and reducing the excesses associated with auto-immune conditions. Reishi is a superb tonic for people who suffer from chronic allergies. Reishi is also believed to have major benefits on the lungs and liver. Studies done in Japan have shown that Reishi protects the liver from damage due to toxic chemicals, including pharmaceutical metabolites. Furthermore, studies done in Japan and elsewhere have also demonstrated that Reishi is beneficial to the cardiovascular system, since it appears to help regulate coronary and cerebral blood flow and also seems to help reduce levels of blood lipids and in lowering elevated cholesterol.

As a Spirit tonic, nothing compares to Reishi. It is simply the greatest Spirit tonic of them all. It is believed by the Chinese to protect the Spirit and to nurture the growth of intelligence, wisdom and spiritual insight. Reishi is a superb anti-stress herb. Everyone who takes Reishi notices the peacefulness that seems to accompany its use. Many people are able to stop using chemical drugs. And Reishi seems to be cumulative, gradually strengthening the nerves and actually changing how we perceive life. It has routinely been used by mountain hermits, monks, adepts and spiritual seekers throughout Asia because it was believed to help calm the mind, ease tension, strengthen the nerves, improve memory, sharpen concentration and focus, build will power and, as a result, help build wisdom. That is why it was called the "Mushroom of Spiritual Potency" by these seekers. The people of Asia believe more than ever in Reishi's power to improve the quality of life by improving the inner life of a human being. All the scientific validation only explains the physical nature of Reishi, but it is the profound ability of Reishi to improve one's life on every plane that makes it so incredible.

Studies done in Asia indicate that Reishi is a supreme health food supplement that has virtually no toxicity or side effects.

There are many Reishi products coming to the market at this time, but very few are truly excellent. Reishi must be extracted to be digestible and assimilable. Unfortunately, most Reishi products are not extracted and most are made from inferior quality hot house mushrooms or use inferior cultivated Ganoderma mycelium.”
    Last edited by Albion; 04-24-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Thank you for your help! You've done the legwork for me it seems. I'm gonna run it by my Lady to see if she's interested, but I'll probably start out with a small purchase to see if I can register subjective effects.

Blog Entries
    I have tried Reishi mushroom, it gives a buzz similar to ormus. I find it quite spectacular for a commercial product to have those effects. As mentioned above, the harvested mushroom must be the closest possible to the wild. The cultivated ones, are said to have inferior properties. I think that because the head of the mushroom has the ability to collect the humidity of the atmosphere, thats why it gives results similar to ormus.

There is also an other herb, "He Shou Wu". It will take around two weeks of continous usage to see its effects, it tonifies "Jing". It is said that it will make your hair strong and give to them black color.

Something else very interesting to try, is Deer antler (it tonifies the Marrow, gives stronger bones and cartilage). It contains the hormone IGF1 which is responsible for bone growth (amongst others).

+ Reply to Thread